The story only I didn't know

I was walking in the busy road of New York watching how people run to their errands not passing one minute to be wasted. I entered one of the coffee shops to meet up with a special person to me, but it seems like he's not here yet. It's the 25th day of December and everyone seems to be busy of their own family, exchanging gifts, having dinner in expensive restaurants or home, spending the night with a happy memory. I remembered how I spent the 25th day of December before.

Flashback

I was lying in my bed staring blankly at the window, watching how the snow fell out from the sky spreading in the ground. It was the 25th of December and I was alone in this dark room painted with entire white having cold atmosphere, until my cellphone rang with a text in the memo "a date with Josh" I quickly got up and change my clothes, make myself pretty to the only guy I love the most. When I finished I opened the door and got out of my room, I saw old, or people with the same age as mine spending their day with their family. But there's one family that caught my attention, they have the whole family gathered there celebrating, but that's not the one that caught my attention it's a woman who cries in front of her father whom I guess was crazy seeing him talking to himself like dumb. Everyday I saw many of this kind of people here but I don't interact with them seeing their incapability. As I was about to get out someone stopped me by grabbing my arms, and when I turned my attention to it, it was Dr. Rockwell.

"Oh Doc, you're here" I said smiling

"Yeah, where are you going?" With his eyes in confusion and wait is it worry I see in his eyes??

" I was just going out having a dinner with Josh spending my night with him" then I slowly get my hand from him "so we'll just see each other next time cause I'm already late and knowing Josh, he won't like that" I said slowly walking towards the door. But suddenly he grabbed my hand again preventing me from getting out side "hey!"

"You can't get out there" he said in a serious tone

"Why can't I? Josh might be waiting there long enough so let go of my hand!" I said with a hint of irritation in my voice

"You can't go there because he won't be there in your meeting place" I was about to open my mouth to say something when he butt off "Jane, he's dead already how-----

"What are you talking about? Are you out of your mind? How could he be dead if he told me yesterday that we will be
having a dinner today?"

"Jane, today is his 2nd death anniversary don't you remember? He died into an accident when he was riding with you in a ca----

"Stop!!stop!! Stop!! That's not true you're lying!!" I said in an angry voice and trying to get away from his hand grabbing my arm"Jane, calm down" he said but I won't listen until some nurse got in our place and pricked a medicine for me to calm down then I mentally break down with a teardrop escaped in my eyes before I closed my eyes. I opened my eyes trying to adjust in the lights here in this white room. As I came back in my senses I hastily get up and was about to get out in the room when a nurse stopped me.

"Get off me! Josh has been waiting for me long enough!" I said with my tears starting to fell down from my eyes. Then suddenly the door opened and Dr. Rockwell got inside.

"Doc, please.... Josh is waiting and I don't want to disappoint him by ditching our dinner tonight, please..." I said pleading my tears running in my face. He take my tears away my tears with his thumb saying "Jane, shh.... Don't cry, if you want to get out then fine but I will drive you in the place alright?" He said warmly, and then I nodded numerous of times.

He drove to the place where we would meet, when we got there I saw nothing but a peaceful waves coming back and forth in the seashore. Tears started running through my face again "this is all your fault for delaying me in seeing him, now his not here probably tired of waiting for me in hours!" I said running towards him and punching him in the chest. Right this is his fault, if not for him I should be happily with Josh spending the time making tons and tons of happy memories together.

He stopped me by grabbing both of my hands "Jane, stop it.... He's dead and died in the acci---

"Shut up!" Here he go again saying nonsense to me

"Jane, listen! How many times are you going to do this? Every year your doing the same thing, wearing the same dress, and acting like a whining kid. Move on okay! You've got into an accident with him---

"No, no, no, no that's not true" i said shaking my head and crying

"Yes this is true, you've got into an accident with him because you two fight and got uncontrolled and got your car bumped in a truck" my tears continuously falling from my eyes and memories came rushing through me. Every single detailed that happened to me came rushing back to my mind and i remembered how he covered me to protect me from the pieces of broken glasses.

As i remembered it, I felt my legs shaking up and tired that caused me to fell down, maybe it's because of what happened a while ago or what I heard and remembered right now, I don't know but all I know is I'm tired and my heart aches knowing the one I loved died. I cried hard on what I remembered as Dr. Rockwell hugged me and saying comforting words.

End of flashback-----

As memories came rushing back to me, a voice snapped me back to reality.
"Hey, are you crying?" He said after kissing my left cheek

I smile before saying "ah yes, that couple is so romantic that made me cry" I said pointing a couple which became fiancee's now cause the boy proposed to the girl a while ago.

"Aahhh.... So do you want to be married also?"

"I didn't mean that way---

"Will you marry me?"

"I was just saying----" I paused for a moment after realizing what he said, my eyes grew wider " WHAT?!?"
He laughed that made me blush, gosh he's making me feel like a young teenager being shy to his crush, then he got into his knees and handed me a box with a pure silver ring and a diamond design on top of it "I said will you marry me?" He said grinning

"Gosh!! Is this true?!?" He nodded and I can't stop myself from smiling big " of course YES!!" Then the next thing I knew he was hugging me with both of us smiling.