Chapter 22: One Sin Nobody Dares To Commit

Start from the beginning

As a goddess, Kaede didn't have to use skills since Artemis was responsible for the creation of 5 magic types, including her own, Celestial magic. Celestial magic was a very powerful magic type as it allowed the casters to create, and manipulate celestial bodies, including the many elements that resided within those bodies.

Most gods and goddesses didn't even bother thinking about using the skills that they made for humans. The gods were entities powerful enough to manipulate energy at will. She finally got out of her comfort zone as a goddess. It was a relief to be capped at the usage of skills.

The fist made from air got blocked by the Apostle, but still caused some kickback. Kaede recovered from having her head dug into the ground and stood up.

"Now that nobody's watching, I can go all out. It's been a while since I've used raw magic."

With 'raw magic', she referred to the magic that the gods used. Raw magic was the act of manipulating one's energy at will to perform magic. Raw magic had infinite capabilities and options as the energy particles themselves were altered to perform wonders. Raw magic caused too much strain on mortals, sucking their life energy away with no recovery. Therefore, the gods granted the mortals the ability to use magic without stripping away too much life energy. This made energy recovery possible for the mortals. This form of magic was dubbed by the mortals as 'skills.'

The Apostle jumped into the air and leaped to the direction of Kaede. He summoned two daggers out of thin air as he neared her. The Apostle was a centimeter close to slitting her throat when suddenly, a square block of solid material smacked him away. He recovered right after and went in for close combat with his daggers. Kaede noticed the hint and summoned a sword with the circle of light that, yet again, appeared out of nowhere.

With a speed that the naked eye could never follow, the Apostle delivered blow after blow, only for the attacks to get blocked or evaded with ease.

Damn, he really is fast. I knew they were strong but the Apostles are on a higher level than I thought. I might have to get serious. But Horu...

Kaede had to concentrate on the incoming attacks from the Apostle, so she didn't have a moment to spare. Horu's whereabouts and wellbeing was all she cared about.

"What's wrong?! You seem hella concentrated. These hands too fast for 'ya? Hahahaha...." the Apostle started laughing maniacally while combating with a goddess. Not many could pull that off. Kaede didn't reply and kept negating the surge of attacks.

"..."

The Apostle noticed her gaze being fixated from one side to the other. "Ahh. Searching for your boyfriend? It's futile! He's gonna end up traumatized if he sees how my dick will penetrate that divine body of yours! It's for the best that he stays unconscious, don't 'ya think...?"

What?! Did he figure out who I am?! Unconscious? But where is... Kaede's question wasn't necessary anymore as a dark figure slowly approached from behind the Apostle.

"Huh? Gah... ahhh..."

The Apostle gasped for air as a steady hand grabbed him by the neck with incomprehensible strength. His air tunnels were squashed as his body was raised in the air. Kaede finally had the chance to relax.

"Turn."

The Apostle's body creaked and cracked as it made a full 180. However, his head was still in the same direction, which faced Kaede. An unknown force compelled the Apostle's body to face the voice...

"AAAAAAH!! GAARGH!! ARGH! STOP IT!

"I said turn!"

This time it was the Apostle's head that was forced to make a 180. His neck, which was grasped by the mysterious individual, cracked multiple times as the Apostle's head spun around.