Chapter 12: Rebirth

Start from the beginning

Irina sits quietly for a second. "I am not sure my life is worth her losing hers for," she all but whispers. Kiba stands up and slaps Irina. "Don't say something like that. Rossweisse chose to save you. So instead of pouting about it you should be grateful and make it worth her choice!" he yells. Irina apologizes then asks, "Is (F/N) one of Sirzechs servants then?" "No he is not. Sirzechs tried to make him one of his servants, but the piece got rejected. Instead he ended up using a piece that he and Beelzebub had been keeping a secret. It was a mutated king piece. So he is no one's servant," Rias responds.

The next morning.

Rias's peerage are eating breakfast when Grayfia, Sirzechs' queen walks in. "I have been sent to come and get you, so that everyone can tell you what is going on." The group follow her into a seperate room to see Sirzechs, Serafall, Gabriel, and Azazel waiting.

Sirzechs: "I am glad you could all make it. Azazel will you now please explain to all of them what happend."

Azazel: "As you know I got the Shield of God from (F/N) and was taking it to be put somewhere safe. However, when I arrived the guards there attacked me upon seeing the shield. I quickly got surrounded by a vast number of fallen angels. Then Shemhazai, my second in command showed up. He said that he would be taking that shield and then proceeded to have the fallen angels attack me. I feld, but lost the shield in the process when my mechanical arm got broken. I then went into hiding and found out everything I could. It would seem that Shemhazai has been plotting with the Khaos Brigade from the beginning. With the Shield of God in their hands they made their move to try to wipe us all out. They attacked the Hyoudou residence hoping to find and kill (F/N) considering him a threat since he was able to hide the shield for so long. After that you know basically what happened."

Irina: "Did we manage to recover the shield?"

Sirzechs: "My guess is that (F/N) found it and that is why the enemy started to retreat. However, based on the injuries that (F/N) had when I found him I highly doubt it is in his possession now. My guess is the fallen angels still have it."

Azazel: "To make matters worse the Khaos Brigade has a new leader. Cao Cao of the Hero Faction of the brigade took over. It is unknown where Ophis is right now, however she was a better person to have leading them than Cao Cao."

Issei: "Why does it matter who is in charge? They are still our enemy."

Azazel: "It is simple Cao Cao will attack us, using the full force of the Khaos Brigade. In contrast Ophis was rather hands off in leading the group, so we mostly were dealing with skirmishes then full on battles."

Sirzechs: "For this reason we are going to begin preparing counter measures immediately. We think that until they have achieved whatever they are planning with the Shield of God that they won't make their grand move."

Gabriel: "If they are planning on breaking the shield's seal on the monster's prison, it will take them some time. Also it is only one of three seals that God put in place, so we still have some time."

Issei: "What do you mean by the monster's prison?"

Gabriel: "The reason that God was weak during the last war and ended up dying is that He put all of His power into creating a seal to keep the monster known as the Beast of the Apocalypse sealed out of our world. The Shield of God possesses one of the seals that is put on the prison."

Sirzechs: "It is reasonable to assume that the plan of the Khaos Brigade is to unlock the prison."

Gabriel: "Those are my thoughts as well. Since one of the seals still lies in Heaven, I plan on pulling all of the forces of Heaven back from the war with the Khaos Brigade. We are going to use all of them to protect the seal we have there."