Shaggy x reader (Girl's side) Chapter 4: Let's Solve A Mystery

Start from the beginning

I then gasp in realization. "That's the same mine that is mentioned in my dad's journal. He wrote down that his last investigation took him to those mines, which must've been the same investigation he got involved in before he and my mom were killed," I say, putting the pieces together.

"If that's true, then it's possible that Wickles must be the culprit behind their deaths," (F/A/N) points out.

Velma nods her head in conformation. "Then we better get to that mining town and see what's--" before she finishes, Velma gasps in horror and quickly crawls on the floor. "I'm invisible. I'm invisible," the rest of us turn our attention to see Patrick at the front door, while Velma goes over the couch. "Get rid of him!"

Daphne and I both let out a sigh, and give each other a look, knowing that it's time for some girl talk.

"Keep him busy," Daphne says to Fred.

"Daphne and I need to talk with Velma," I say. I then follow Velma to the lab, with Daphne and (F/A/N) right next to me. "What are you doing?"

"He wants to ask me on a date," Velma says, panicking, while crawling on the floor, trying to hide from Patrick's sight.

"It's okay to be scared," (F/A/N) reassures.

"I am not scared," Velma denies. "I've fought werewolves and ghosts. But in the end, I know we usually unmask them and it's just a shriveled little scared man inside."

"Well, believe it or not, that's the same with dating," I say, remembering all the romantic drama Shaggy and I had to go through to make sure we have the healthy and stable relationship we have now.

"Velma, have you ever considered that maybe werewolves and ghosts are just distractions to keep you away from what really frightens you?" Daphne asks. "Intimacy with another person."

"And by intimacy, she means someone who thinks you're really hot," I say, while (F/A/N) nods his/her head in agreement.

"But I'm more comfortable in the world of logic and facts. And...I'm not hot," Velma says, looking sad, not having enough confidence in herself.

Daphne, (F/A/N) and I start to feel bad that Velma actually thinks that way about herself. "Me neither," I say, giving Velma a reassuring smile.

"Same," says Daphne. "Everybody has flaws Velma. The object of a healthy relationship is to never let the other person know they're there."

Velma takes a step back, still trying to make sure that Patrick doesn't notice her. "(Y/N), Daph, I really like this guy. What would you do if someone thought that you were some glamorous and mysterious jet-setter?" she asks.

"I'd make myself one," Daphne says, grabbing Velma by the hand.

Some time later, Daphne changes Velma's look by having Velma wear different clothes, styling her hair, and also adding some make-up. I know that Daphne is only trying to help Velma impress Patrick, but in my opinion, I don't think this is going to work. I mean, wouldn't it be better for Velma to just be herself in order to get Patrick to like her? Anyway, once Daphne has finished her work, Velma slowly walks down the stairs, catching Fred and Patrick surprised with her new look.

"Who's your mommy?" Velma asks.

"My--My mommy?" Patrick asks, confused.

"Come on, let's solve a mystery," Velma says.

(3rd) POV:

Once the gang made sure they were ready, they head to the van. Along the way, Velma nearly trips, since she's not used to wearing heels.