Chapter Twenty

After learning of the whereabouts of Adeline, the Serpents and William gathered in the Whyte Wyrm. They laid out a map of the building and began to come up with a plan that'll hopefully save her.

"That boy said there were holding her in this room." FP pointed at the map,"If we enter from back here, we could ambush them." Sweet Pea bit his lip as they talked about the plan.

"What if it's a trap?" He asked. "What if he's lying and they ambush us first then kill us."

"Have faith Sweet Pea, we're going to get her back." Fangs gripped the taller boy's shoulder.

The group had moment of silence before William let out a loud exhale and prayed that he'll get his daughter back safely.

《   》

Adeline groaned as she heard the sounds of explosions. She felt the building shake and dust fall from ceiling. Hope filled her heart at the thought of being rescued. She would finally get to be in her fathers arms and have Sweet Pea by her side. A small smile formed at the thought them. Though, her smile was quickly broken at the sound of the door opening and the light pooling in. She prayed it was one of the Serpents or her father, but her heart dropped as she realized it was neither.

"Dorian." She snarled and began to walk backwards away from him.

"Come on Addy, we don't got time for this." Dorian replied as he combed his fingers through his hair.

"Help! Help!" The girl yelled in hopes of someone hearing her.

"No one can hear you! Now, let's go." He smirked and tossed her over his shoulder. They made into the hall where Adeline could faintly see people fighting from afar. She continued to yell as her voice bounced off the walls and echoed. She was sure someone could hear her this time.

Sweet Pea heard the sound his girl's voice and began to run towards it without any thought.

"ADELINE!"

Fangs and Toni ran with him and took out any guy who came close to them. They wanted her back as much as she did. Suddenly, the tall boy stopped causing the two behind him to crash into his back.

"What is it?" Fangs gasped looking over and seeing Dorian with Adeline over his shoulder. The three Serpents felt their hearts break at the sight of her. The girl had bruises and scratches littered all over her body, but she still managed to smile as her eyes caught them. Toni quickly pulled out her phone and texted William that they found her.

"Hey guys." Adeline hoarsely said. Dorian set her on her feet before locking her in a choke hold. Her heart began to race as she felt his dirty arms around her.

"Let her go." Sweet Pea fumed.

Dorian chuckled and taunted him,"Aw, did I upset the giant."

"You're just scared." Toni felt courage build up in her as she spoke. "You're just scared that no one's ever going to love you."

"Shut up." Dorian spat.

Toni took a step forward,"You mad it's true? You think Adeline could ever love a monster like you?" That was the last straw for him and like before, he whipped out a gun from under his shirt. He pointed the gun at the pink haired girl, but she wasn't scared. She wasn't going to be afraid of this coward.

"Dorian, we can help you." Adeline started as she began to shake. "You need help and you know it." He scratched his head with his hand still holding the gun.

"No, shut up." He whispered harshly.

"Please, Dorian. Malachai can do something." She pleaded.

"No!" He yelled and pointed the gun at her head. Sweet Pea went to jump at him, but was held back by his best friends.

"Addy, baby, no one here is gonna love you like I do." Dorian sniffed as his hold on her tightened. She cringed at the pet name. Her eyes then widened as she thought of a plan. Was it stupid? Probably, but she was hoping it'll save them.

"You're right." She started. The hall became silent as everyone stared at her. Sweet Pea felt his heart hurt, but when he looked into her eyes, he knew what she was doing. He shook his head lightly at her, hoping she'll get it. Adeline noticed it and chose to ignore it.

"W-what?" Dorian gaped as he looked at her. Did she finally come to realization that she loved him?

"They don't love me like you do, Dorian." She turned to face him as his arm dropped from her. "I'll follow you anywhere, okay? Just put down the gun." She begged.

Tears began to pool in Dorian's eyes at the thought of finally being able to be loved. That's all he ever wanted.

"Anywhere?" His voice wavered. The girl held his face and nodded. She gently wiped away the tears that fell from his eyes. The boy looked behind her,"She loves me more."

The Serpents glared at him with hatred. They wanted to rip him apart for what he did to her. They wanted him to suffer.

Adeline tried to remove the gun from her head, it slowly started to work but his eyes shifted from her figure to someone behind them. It was like the world began to shift in slow motion as Dorian pointed the gun behind her. She could feel her heart in her throat as she turned to see who it was. Her ears then began to ring as he shot the gun at the person. From then, all she could hear was her own voice yelling in pain as she sank into the floor.

She pulled herself off the floor and began to run towards the person lying on the ground. The girl started sobbing, trying to stop the bleeding.

"Dad," Adeline cried out. "Please, no." She set his head in her lap and grabbed his face. "I can't lose you too." Tears fell rapidly and fell onto Will, but neither cared at the moment. Will grabbed his daughter's hand and shut his eyes. If he was going to die, then he was glad he spent his final moments with his daughter.

"Hey, hey, Will don't shut your eyes." Elliana, who was with him, fell to the ground next to them and stroked his hair. "You're going to be fine, okay? You are not allowed to leave us, okay?" Her voice broke when spoke.

"I love you both." William whispered.

"Don't talk like that. You are NOT going to die." The woman stated. She glanced up and yelled,"Where the hell are the paramedics?" FP, who was keeping pressure on the wound, told her they were on their way. "If they don't come fast enough, I will murder them all."  El growled.

"Adeline," Will held her face.

"I'm here dad." She sniffed and grabbed into his hand, leaning into it. He weakly opened his eyes as a tear rolled down the side of his face.

"I'm so proud of you, you know that right?" He started. Adeline held in her sob as she nodded. "You are going to beat this world and show them what you're made of." The girl bit her lip as she shook her head.

"And you're going to be here when I beat this world. I'm going to make you even more proud."

Her father smiled at her,"I love you." He whispered. His eyes slowly shut as his hand fell from her face and onto the ground.

And the only thing they could hear was the sirens faintly blaring in the background mixing with Adeline's screams.

《   》

wow.