Chapter One | Day 1

Bloop.

Welcome to Aura Skies!

     A tall boy with raven black hair popped out of thin air, standing in the middle of a birch forest. Splotches of light seeped in between the leaves. He was zoned out for a second or two before he could clearly focus on the words in front of him.

Aura Skies

Press START to PLAY

     Goosebumps formed on his bare arms. Something didn't feel right about those letters in front of him. They just floated in the air like a ghost, the light shining through each white line. He reached out his hand, the tips of his fingers shaking. When his skin met the cold letters, his hand just went through it. Nothing supernatural happened like sparks or lasers. Just a cool, foggy sensation ran through his fingertips. 

     The boy looked to his left to see if there were any more words, but the white letters that had been in front of him stayed in the middle of his vision. He looked up and the words, again, stayed in the middle of his vision. A sigh escaped him as he looked back in front of him. 

     He rubbed his eyes thinking maybe it was just his eyes, but that wasn't the case either. He squeezed his eyes closed and to his amazement, the words disappeared. 

     "Huh," he said quietly under his breath. Guess  I'll need to remember that trick next time those words pop up again, he thought. 

     Not a second later, boxes, words, numbers, and lines popped up in his view like a big rectangle frame. He blinked really hard like he had done last time, but nothing happened. 

    "Are you kidding me?" the boy said to himself. If it had worked last time, anyone would have thought it would work the second time. 

    The boy let out a sigh and evaluated his new 'view frame' that he assumed he'd be stuck with for awhile until he could find a way to get rid of it. 

     In his bottom left corner was a single box with a silver trim. Five identical boxes were in his bottom right corner along with three thin bars that lined the top of the five boxes. The two upper bars were black and the bottom one was split in half with the one the left red and the one on the right green. All of the bars had a percentage on the inside of the bars to the far right. The top two had 0% and the bottom two had 100%. In his top left corner where three lines stacked ontop of eachother with a little space inbetween like a floating hamburger. He didn't understand that, but he didn't really understand any of this. 

     He looked into the top right corner of his frame. 'Roan' was written in bold, white text with '34, 57, -109' right under it in a slightly thinner text. 

     Roan! That's my name, he thought. Excitement bubbled inside of him. He actually knew something. Out of everything in this frame, he knew something. A new found confidence rushed through his veins. Roan believed he could figure these things out. 

Elodie has joined the game.

    Elodie? Roan looked at the new white letters highlighted in dark grey that had popped up under the three lines in his left top corner. Who's Elodie, he thought. 

     'Game' did not sound fun at all to him. It sounded like a chain or rope that bound him to something he didn't want to do. Was that was 'Aura Skies' was? A game?

     Roan looked around the birch trees. For some reason, his body felt like 'go Go GO!', but all he did was stand there. His mind traveled off into 'what ifs' of all that could happen. He mind finally got ot the point that he wanted to scream.