Chapter one: Alfonzo Graves

Daddy's screaming again, along with someone else.

This happens every day. He brings someone new every night and every night, I hear more screams. I want to go and tell him to stop but I'm not allowed in the basement. "If I see you here even once, I'll kill you on the spot!" He would say.

I would look outside and see other children playing happily along with their parents, wondering why can't me and Daddy be like that. Their parents seemed to shower their children with love and affection while Daddy avoids and beats me. They're all happy while I'm sad. They get full meals while I get table scraps. They get to roam free while I'm trapped inside this hell hole.

It's not fair.

"ALFONZO, GET YOUR ASS OVER HERE!"

Uh oh, Daddy's calling me. He must have finished whatever he did. I hopped off the couch and went downstairs to meet him. He sat on a chair near the basement, arms crossed along with a angry look on his face.

"Get me some beer and make it quick." He said. I quickly obeyed and ran to the kitchen to get the beer. I have to be quick otherwise he'll hit me. I got the beer and started to walk away when I heard a cry come from the door. "Let me go! Please, let me go!" The voice repeatedly said.

"Alfonzo!"

I snapped out of it and went to my father. "Took your sweet-ass time." He slapped me hard across the cheek.

"I'm sor-"

"Don't even start." He interrupted with another slap. "I know you're not actually sorry. You did that on purpose."

He walked out the room, leaving me alone with a red cheek.

Why can't we be a normal family?

<><><><><><><>

Wow, I took forever. I'm sorry.

I think I'll have a least five chapters to this.

But anyway, I hope you enjoy! :)