t. f. (opposites)

Start from the beginning

(y/n) ran off to join her group of friends.

~time skip brought to you by Rick Astley: (y/n)s dorm~

"Alrighty! Let's get to know each other, that way we can do well on this project! How does 20 questions sound?"

Tokoyami agreed, but the girl was soon bored and she ended up rambling about whatever came to mind.

(y/n) stopped talking.

"Hey, Tokoyami... I've been talking for awhile now. I want to hear about you now."

(y/n) smiled with her eyes closed.

"If you insist."

The two teens learned a lot from each other. They learned about favorite colors and even told each other funny secrets.

After talking for a few hours, Tokoyami went back to his dorm to write his ideas for the poem.

While writing a rough draft, the boy realized how easy it was to talk to (y/n). He even noticed the many similarities they had.

(y/n) listened to some alternative music and she was a small fan of astrology. She liked candles and gems. She was even interested in literature.

Tokoyami blushes lightly while thinking of her. His hand glided over the paper as though it was air. He wrote stanzas that seemed to fit their personality's perfectly.

The next day, the duo met at (y/n)s dorm again. This time they were going to write the final product of the poem.

The teens traded papers and began to read. Tokoyami looked up to admire (y/n), and to make sure his paper wasn't terribly written.

"Tokoyami, this is beautiful!"

"I liked your paper too."

"We should totally use your paper! Maybe tweak it a little, but we are definitely using this!"

Tokoyami sheepishly smiled at the girl and nodded.

"If that's what you want."

"Yes! Ok, let's do this."

~time skip: Presentation~

"Tokoyammiiiiiiii and (y/nnnnnnnnn), you'rrrrrreeee up next!"

Present Mic shouted, again.

Tokoyami stood. Shaking slightly, the boy made his way to the front of the classroom to read the poem. He cleared his throat.

"She was the day, he was the night.
She lived for crazy mornings, he lived for misty midnights.
She was the sun, he was the moon.
They were opposite souls.
Yet both waited patiently
For these are now the rare days when
They might coexist peacefully."

(y/n) smiled while everyone clapped.

Good job.

She mouthed.

Everyone came back to the classroom to receive their test scores from their projects. Tokoyami and (y/n) scanned over the poster searching for their names.

(y/n) and Tokoyami: A+

When (y/n) saw their score she squealed and wrapped her arms around Tokoyami, pulling him into a tight embrace.

"We did it! We did it, Tokoyami!"

The girl laughed and Tokoyami blushed.

"(y/n)... I was wondering if you would like to go out for dinner sometime..."

(y/n) pulled away from the hug and grinned.

"Are you asking me out?"

"I.. well, yes."

The girl smirked and kissed the tip of his beak lightly.

"It's a date! Pick me up at 7 on Friday."

Tokoyami was stunned as the girl skipped away. The boy frantically pulled out his phone so he could set a reminder.

<Hey everyone! I just wanted to say that I'm so sorry that I've been away for awhile! If you didn't know already I've been traveling and haven't had much time to write. I really missed writing and Im happy to be back! Also, thank you so much for 140 reads guys! Well, ask me any questions you guys have and I'll gladly answer them!>
{disclaimer: poem is not mine, I do not know the author because my friend sent the poem to me originally. I looked it up and the closest thing to the author was -C. I changed the poem slightly so that it could fit into my story.}
• word count: 960 •