Chapter 39: Pain's Arrival

Start from the beginning

"Mn. Alright." Haku nodded...

Knock Knock.

"You may enter." Hanabi said as she opened her eyes finishing her meditation.

"Ahem. Excuse me." Hiashi said as he opened the door and walked inside.

"Father." Hanabi said indifferently. Hiashi just rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly before saying, "Might I have a seat Hanabi?"

"Yes." Hanabi said keeping her words short. Hiashi just let out a sigh as he thought, she's holding a grudge over the Izaya matter isn't she… "Ahem Ahem. Hanabi. I wanted to apologize about yelling at you before." Hiashi started.

"And?" Hanabi said.

"Ahem. And...I think that as the next in line for the Head of the Hyuga Clan, you have done your part splendidly…" Hiashi continued.

"Go on." Hanabi said.

Hiashi sighed inwardly. She's really going to make me say it. I can't believe I was momentarily swayed by Danzo. "Ahem. It should be fine if you wish to...remain friends with that Izaya boy." Hiashi said. Hanabi narrowed her eyes and said, "Father. Are you getting sick? You've been coughing a lot. Or maybe there is a word caught in your throat that you need to let out?"

Sigh. She's definitely my daughter. Stern and strong willed Hiashi thought. "Alright. Your father admits his mistake. I was wrong to yell at you like that and force you to stay away from that boy. I was momentarily swayed by Danzo. It's just that you are the next in line for the Clan Head position and there is no one else to inherit this title after you. I just wanted to be extra cautious and protect you. You know that in the past the Village Hidden in the Clouds have attempted on multiple occasions to steal the eyes of the Byakugan from our clan. I just thought that what if, maybe this Izaya boy was getting close to you for a similar reason."

Hanabi still had a stern expression on her face as she said, "So do you apologize for wrongly accusing me of my choices?"

Sigh. "Yes, I apologize."

"And you give me your word that you won't interfere in the matters between Izaya and I?" Hanabi asked with a raised eyebrow.

Just as Hiashi was about to answer he stopped himself and thought about Hanabi's phrasing of the question and said, "Um...What do you mean by 'matters' Hanabi?"

Hanabi's stern expression turned into a playful and forgiving one as she jumped in her father's arms and said, "Hehe, nothing father! You have apologized and admitted you were wrong. You have also given your consent to let me continue meeting with Izaya. There's no need to worry about anything else. After all, you should be more concerned about whether I forgive you or not." She gave Hiashi a kiss on the cheek before walking out happily.

"Eh? I feel like I've fallen into a trap of hers?" Hiashi thought amusedly. "Oi. Hanabi, we have to meet the Taketori Clan for political reasons. Pack your things. We're leaving tomorrow morning." Hiashi said as he chased after her...

Fwish!

Sasuke jumped on top of the Fourth Hokage's rock face on the side of the cliff as he slowly walked over to where Izaya was sitting. "What is it that you wanted to tell me?" Sasuke asked.

"Have you gone to see Itachi's body yet?" I asked. Sasuke furrowed his brow and said with a hint of anger, "I have. I think you owe me an explanation. Why are there so many seals and barriers placed around his body?"

I paused for a moment before saying, "To prevent the masked Akatsuki member from obtaining his body."

"What do you mean by that?" Sasuke asked.