"oh, thanks for telling me, but it's a bit late." louis laughed a bit while rolling his eyes, "seen zayn atleast?" 

"doesn't he do track? they have training right now." niall told louis as he shoved a handful of cheese and onion monster munch into his mouth. louis took a deep breath in, "great, now it seems like i have no friends." he thought to himself.

"oh," louis scrunched up his nose awkwardly, before puffing out his cheeks. he had a bunch of friends, but they were all either a year older, and not in highschool anymore, busy, or he wasn't close enough with them to hang out with at lunch. 

"you can sit here if you want," niall offered, as harry moved away from niall, making space for louis.

louis contemplated the offer for a while, until he heard a familiar voice from across the lunch room call out: "louis! louis!"

he spun around on his heel and saw that it was eleanor. she was standing up at her table, gesturing him to come over.

"no thanks, boys. a rain check, maybe?" he smiled as the younger boys looked up at him, niall nodded perkily, his cheeks full of his bacon and egg meal deal sandwhich.

louis strutted across the lunch room, before taking a seat next to eleanor, and placing his sandwhich and can of drink on the cool metal cafeteria table. the table was mostly girls, but there were a few exceptions for their boyfriends and friends of their boyfriends.

"louis? hey, man!" a deep voice chimed, before slapping their hand onto louis' back - which really hurt .

"stan!" louis jumped up and wrapped his arms around his old friend. the pair sat down and louis glanced over at eleanor, who had a huge grin on her face as she watched the pair.

"what are you doing here, mate?! i thought you moved away, like, two years ago?" louis smiled as he looked back over at stan, "just visiting?"

"nope," stan chuckled, "my parents split up again, so me 'n mum moved back here."

louis' mouth gaped open, how didn't he know his old best friend had moved back in town?!

"so you're here... to stay!?" louis' smile grew as he watched stan swiftly nod his head up and down, and he felt a rush of joy through his body. this was his best friend, he'd known stan longer than he'd known liam!

"yup," he grinned, as louis got pulled into a headlock, he felt stan's huge hands ruffle his already scruffy hair, "excited, aren't ya'!" louis wrestled out of stan's buff arms beore nodding excitedly.

"so, free tonight, tommo?" stan raised an eyebrow before moving his arm from around louis' neck.

louis hesitated for a second, he turned to look behind him, and saw the curly boy laughing loudly at something the blonde boy next to him had said, "no," he replied, turning back to look at stan.

"oh, what are you doin'?" stan asked, his eyebrows furrowed, giving louis a slightly cold stare, which louis wasn't too fond of.

"more like who are you doin!" a sporty boy - that louis barely knew - called out from across the table.

"hah-hah! i knew tommo would be a player!" stan chuckled, as louis felt a strong slap on his back, sending a harsh, burning tingle across his body. "seriously though, what are you doing?" stan's expression became less playful, his eyes narrowed as louis felt his cold stare send shivers down his spine, cooling down the burning feeling stan's slap had caused. louis couldn't bring himself to look at stan, he remembered how mad stan got when louis made plans without him.

"stuff," louis mumbled.

"what stuff?!" stan had gripped louis arm, and was squeezing tighter every time louis spoke.