[Fine Line] Part 11: Canyon Moon [L.T]

Start from the beginning

"I really, really, really, really, really, really like you .And I want you, do you want me, do you want me too?" y/n sang at the top of her lungs, off key most of the time. Lance grabbed the phone and changed the song. "Why did you do that?" She glared at him. If glares could kill, Lance would be dead by now. "My ears were bleeding" Before y/n could add anything her parents' farm appeared. "Finally here"

She parked in front of the stable and jumped out of the car. Lance followed after her. He put his sunglasses and looked around him. He never thought he would say it but he liked it. It was warm but not really hot, fields all around him and cows laying on the grass. Just like she told him the sky was a beautiful shade of blue.

"Mom!" Y/n cheered and hugged the woman who opened the door for her. "Hey sweetie" her mother hugged her. Y/n let go of her mother and hugged her father who was standing behind his wife. Lance walked closer to the family and y/n's mother gave him a bright smile. "You must be Lance. Y/n talks a lot about you" "Mom!" Y/n glared at her mother but the older woman only shrugged and dragged Lance inside the house, followed closely by y/n and her father.

Y/n's mother seemed to really like Lance, she always made sure he ate enough, changed the sheets of the room he shared with y/n every day, even though they did nothing, and even knitted a sweater for him. Her dad liked him too, he loved to listen to Lance's story as a gold and silver gymnast and always wanted him to accompany him on the fields.

Lance liked it too, it was less stressful than the life at the city and the air was so clean. And most of all he could spend a lot of time with y/n, they cooked together, walked together on the fields and fed the animals together. Lance had feeling for y/n but he never made a step because he thought that she wouldn't want to be with him, they were so different.

"Lance, do you wanna watch the stars with me?" Y/n asked him one night. He was laying in their shared bedroom after long day of walking around the fields with Y/n's father and feeding the animals with her. "Uhm yeah okay" Lance got up and grabbed the sweater y/n's mother made for him and put it on. Y/n smiled at him and grabbed his hands.

"Have you ever watched shooting stars?" She asked him and laid on the grass. "Nah never" he answered and mimicked her action. "Well you're lucky, tonight you can see one" she smiled and glanced at him. She found him really attractive but she never told him that. She had a massive crush on him and hoped he felt the same toward her.

Y/n grabbed her pack of cigarettes from the tummy pocket of her overall and lit one. "You want?" she handed him the white stick "Nop" Lance watched her "You should try, you'd be less angry." she said "I'm fine" "You never smoked, not even a vape. Have you ever drank?" she sat up and looked at him "Yes, I drink sometimes, but you know that I can't smoke" "You don't even do championships anymore. You're too old for that" she joked. She knew that Lance didn't like it when people talked about his age. "One pwease, you'll like it" she pouted and held the cigarette in front of his face. "Okay" Lance sat straighter and took the cigarette from her fingers. He brought the stick to his lips and took a puff. Y/n watched him carefully waiting for him to cough but he didn't, he held the smoke a few seconds and blew it. "I forgot how good it was" he chuckled and gave the cigarette back to y/n.

He laid again on the grass and y/n laid her head on his stomach. "Y/n?" Lance called her name to get her attention, "Yeah" she breathed blowing the grey smoke. "I like you" he said and closed his eyes waiting for her reaction. She held herself up on het elbows and looked at him. "You do?" she grinned "Yes I do" he opened his eyes and answered. "Show me" she smiled "What?" "Show me how much you like me" "Uhm okay..." Lance sat closer to her and cupped her cheeks in his hands. Their lips were a few inches apart when y/n put her hand in his chest. "Not like that, we both now that you never mean it when you kiss girls" she looked at him "But now I meant it" he tried to defend himself "Do something you don't do to the other girls"

"Challenge accepted" Lance smiled and got up. His back was turned to her and he took a wooden stick that was on the floor binging it to his lips like a mic. "Wise men say only fools rush in, but I can't help falling in love with you" he started singing doing his best impression of Elvis Presley. Y/n smiled at the sight in front of her "Like a river flows surely to the sea, darling so it goes, some things are meant to be" he continued and held a hand toward y/n, she grasped it and he helped her get on her feet. They kept singing and laughing together until the end of the song. It wasn't the best performance but it made them happy.

"You never sang to any other girl?" y/n asked and looked into his steel blue eyes "I never sang in front of anyone" he smiled and looked down at her since he was taller. "I'm honoured Mister Tucker" "I'm glad you were my first public" he smiled at her "No offense but I think you should stick with gymnastics" she giggled. "It hurts, like a lot" he held his chest and acted like he's been shot on the heart. "Do you want a magic kiss?" y/n smiled and looked at him. "I don't know, it helps?" he played along "Let's check" she grinned and stood on her tiptoes so her lips would be at the same level as his.

Lance glanced at her lips then planted his blue orbs into her y/e/c ones. She licked her bottom lip and gently kissed him. Lance reacted immediately wrapping his arm around her waist to bring her closer to him. Y/n cupped his jaw and deepened the kiss. She opened her lips and he slipped his tongue in her mouth. They pulled apart to breath. Y/n took a big inspiration and smiled at him. Lance chuckled and wrapped a protective arm around her small figure.

"Look" y/n pointed the sky. Lance lifted his gaze and looked at the sky. The stars were shining and Lance saw his first shooting star. "Make a wish" y/n smiled and held his hand in hers. Lance closed his eyes and made his wish. He wished that y/n would be his girls for ever and ever. "I like you too Lance," y/n said lighting a cigarette "actually, I love you" she looked at him "I love you too" Lance cupped her cheeks and kissed her, pouring every bit of love and affection into that kiss.