One-shot

Recife is a city known for having a warm climate, but on that day, it was more than usual

Recife is a city known for having a warm climate, but on that day, it was more than usual. Not because of the temperature, but because Anna would finally go on her first date, which made her hands sweating a lot.

— Alexia, I don't know if I'm ready. — Anna says as she passes her hands repeatedly across her face.

— Stop it. — Alexia says without making eye contact.

— But what if it all goes wrong? What if the conversation isn't good? What if I spill food on her? I don't know, so many possibilities.

— Yeah, it's a lot of possibilities, but you're not gonna give up, are you?

— No, I don't think so. I like her too much for that.

— So you're ready. — Alexia gives a forced smile and hopes Anna doesn't notice.

After they say goodbye, Anna goes to her favorite coffee shop, which she thought was the best place in the world because she could be herself. All she had to do was sit down, grab a book, order a milkshake, and her day was complete. But this place was also her favorite because it was discreet, it was in a neighboring city, so she'd hardly see people she didn't want to see.

— Hi, sorry to keep you waiting!

Anna closes the book she was reading and focuses on the female figure in front of her. She's tall, long dark hair, green eyes, and a smile that would melt a thousand glaciers and your heart all at the same time.

— Hi, Carina. 

 Anna smiles timidly, gets up to kiss her on the cheek, but is confused if she should give a kiss on one side of the cheek or both. Just in case, kiss one cheek and pull her in for a hug.

Carina squeezes her a little harder than expected and she likes it. When they separate from the hug, Anna doesn't know what to do or what to say. After all, this is your first date. All she wanted was a manual that would help her not to ruin everything.

— So, is that good? — Carina says as she sits down.

— What? — Anna looks at her without understanding.

— The milkshake. — Carina points to the large, pink glass that appeared to have a strawberry milkshake.

— Oh, yes, it's great! Want to try it? — Anna talks without thinking.

Carina raises an eyebrow at her and smiles.

  Shit, I shouldn't have offered mine. — Anna thinks.

— Sure. — Carina pulls the straw closer to her and sucks some of the liquid that was there. — It's really good. 

Carina looks right into Anna eyes, now closer to her.