pass or fail: survival test

Start from the beginning

"It's not about gender, Sakura. A bored person is a bored person." (Y/n) forced a smile as she made eye contact with the grumpy pink-haired girl.

Suddenly, the sound of the door slowly sliding open was heard, everyone shot their attention to the door.

Thud.

The eraser fell on the head of a man, causing him to slouch a little.
Naruto started laughing, "I got him! I got him!". (Y/n) let out a breathy chuckle.

"I-I'm sorry, sir. I tried to stop them, but they still did it!" Sakura tried to save herself. It's all good. They'll get in trouble. She thought, quite happily.

Is this guy seriously a Jonin? Sasuke furrowed his eyebrows, observing the man. He had silver hair that defied gravity, and his face was covered, quite extremely, by a face mask and a tilted headband. Only one of his eyes was visible.

They all fell silent as they watched the man pick up the duster which had fallen on the floor, then look at them. He threw the duster to the side and put his hand on his chin, as if in thought.
"Hmmm... How can put this? As for my first impression of you guys? Well, I hate you all." He glared at the small group of Genin, although there was a sense of playfulness in his voice.

The four kids deadpanned, whether it be due to disbelief, shock, disappointment, or all of the above.

PASS OR FAIL: SURVIVAL TEST

"Let's see. First off, let me have you guys introduce yourselves." The silver-haired man was leaning his weight on a railing with his arms crossed against his chest, looking at the four Genins who sat on the steps a short distance away from him.

"Introduce ourselves... What should we say?" Sakura asked in her usual pouty voice.

Their teacher shrugged his shoulders, "Your likes, dislikes, your dream for the future, hobbies, things like that."

"Before that, tell us about yourself first! We don't even know your name." (Y/n) scrunched her nose slightly, genuinely curious of the older man. The other three next to her perked up their ears.

"Me? Well, my name's Hatake Kakashi. I don't feel like telling you guys about my likes and dislikes." Kakashi said as monotone as ever, earning a 'Huh?' from everyone except Sasuke.
"I've never really thought about my dream for the future..." He looked up, thinking, then he looked down at the children again.
"As for my hobbies, I have many."

"In the end, all we know is his name." Sakura scoffed and looked at her teammates. Naruto nodded, (Y/n) sighed, and Sasuke stayed silent but looked slightly disappointed as well.

Hatake Kakashi... Ex-Anbu. He's going to catch onto me soon. I hope not too soon, I still haven't gotten the chance to speak to her.

But it shouldn't be too much of a problem. What I'm doing is authorised by the Hokage himself after all.

"Next is you guys." Kakashi freed his hands, only to fold them again. "Let's start with you." He nodded his head towards Naruto.

The blonde grinned excitedly, "My name is Uzumaki Naruto! I like instant ramen, but what I like even more is the ramen from Ichiraku that Iruka-sensei treats me to. What I dislike are the three minutes you have to wait after pouring hot water in the instant ramen, and (Y/n)'s laziness. My hobby is eating and comparing ramen! And my dream for the future... is to become the Hokage! And so I'm going to get the entire village to acknowledge my existence!"