𝟎𝟑 | Regrets

Start from the beginning

"I can walk on my own from here," she said, taking the flyers that were in his hand.

"Would you want to hang out tomorrow as well?" Donghyuck asks just as she was about to walk away.

"Tomorrow is the weekend so yeah, I'm free."

"Great, see you tomorrow then," Donghyuck scratches the nape of his neck, a habit of his when he's nervous.

"See you," Y/N waves before walking away.

Donghyuck watched until she was out of view before walking away as well. The time on his phone read 9:32 pm once he made it to his neighborhood. He still had time left before his mother fell asleep so he roamed the streets a little longer.

Eventually, he entered the house as quietly as he could to not wake her up. He peered at his mother through her door that was left ajar before heading into his room.

"I'm home, Hyun," Donghyuck greeted his dog who was resting on his bed.

Reaching into his closet, Donghyuck took out a box. A box that meant so much to him yet hurt him at the same time.

The box held inside it all the things that were left behind by his father. His pictures, letters, all the memories of him were kept in such a tiny box.

"I miss you," Donghyuck whispered as he held a picture of him at seven years old smiling happily with his late father by his side.

He missed those times when he was the happiest. He wishes things could go back to how they were before. But it's impossible as his family was only held together by his father and now that he's gone there is no fixing it.

"I'm sorry."

"So what are we doing today?" Y/N questions as she walks up to Donghyuck who was waiting for her in front of her lawn.

"Hanging out," he said. "Is there anything specific you want to do?"

"Today's weather is nice so how about we go to the beach?" She suggests.

"Isn't it far from here?" Donghyuck asks.

"So what? We deserve some fun!" Y/N grins and the teen boy was easily convinced.

"By the way, have you heard anything from your brother?" Donghyuck breaks the silence as they walk to the bus stop.

"No," Y/N frowned but quickly replaced it with a smile. "But today is a good day let's not think about this."

However, how could she not think about it? Her brother was the only thing that she ever thought of. As hopeful as she tried to be, there was still that feeling of doubt.

"It looks so pretty!" Y/N exclaims as she runs close to shore sinking her feet into the emerald water.

With the sand covering his feet and the fresh breeze blowing through his hair, Donghyuck felt glee as it has been years since he's been this relaxed.

"You know this is my first time at a beach,"
Y/N smiled a rather desolate one as she sat down on the sand. Donghyuck joined, sitting beside her as they both stared into the vast sea.

"I was abandoned by my parents when I was ten years old..." she held that same smile as she told her story. "I had to take care of Sunwoo although I barely even knew how to take care of myself. I still wonder why they left us...why did they make us go through so much at such a young age?"

"Gosh, I'm pathetic," Y/N laughed at herself for once again showing her vulnerability to him.

"No, you're not," Donghyuck smiled at her. "It's okay to feel this way."

"I hate how much I trust you," she glares at him and he laughs.

"I am trusting you too," he speaks. "With my ability," he adds and Y/N turns to look at him.

Taking a deep breath, he finally tells her, "When I make eye contact with people I watch them die..."

"