Chapter 08

Please follow @beeyotchupdated on twitter for real time tweet if any story got updated. Thank you.

#MY08 Chapter 08

I had to lie that night.

I was drunk.

I was not in the right state of mind.

I liked drama, but not when I'm the subject of the drama.

But I wasn't also exactly an idiot.

Instead, I faked an emergency and told Levi that I needed to go back to the hospital. Upon hearing that, he didn't ask me anymore. I really appreciated how respectful he was of my work—he never demanded anything kapag kailangan kong mawala dahil sa trabaho.

But then again, baka naman kasi wala lang siyang pakielam.

"Dr. Salvacion?" Dr. Abraham, one of the residents, asked me.

I was snapped back into reality. Kanina pa pala ako naka-tayo rito sa harap niya. It's been days since I last saw Levi. He said via text na may flight daw siya, but that he wanted to see me this Friday. And it's tomorrow. And I still had nothing.

"Just... please follow up Mrs. Javier's scan," sabi ko. He looked at me weirdly. I couldn't blame him. I was sure I was standing there like an idiot, saying nothing for the past few seconds. Kaya ko naman kasi siya tinawag dahil gusto ko siyang utusan to ask around kung nagpa-check up ba talaga dito ang lola ni Levi or what.

But I knew that that would violate rules.

And I love my job.

But also, I didn't want to start a fight out of nothing kasi baka wala naman talaga.

Tsk.

Bukas na nga lang! Nakaka-apekto pa 'tong narinig ko sa CR sa trabaho ko.

Thankfully, hindi kami nagkita ni Niles buong araw. I didn't want to lie to her, and if makita ko siya, I'd be forced to lie. Kasi ayoko namang sabihin sa kanya without confirming it myself. Kasi once na sinabi ko, masisira na sa kanya si Levi for life.

Besides, this was between Levi and me.

And matanda na kami.

Kung ganoon nga ang dahilan niya, e 'di putangina niya. Good riddance na lang. 'Di ko deserve iyon kahit gaano niya pa ako napapa-sigaw sa kama. I know my worth.

* * *

The next day, I was so busy that I literally forgot that it was the day that I'd have the talk with Levi. I scrubbed in one of the rare cases, so that got my attention for half a day. I was walking in the hallway, papunta sana sa locker ko para kumuha ng damit at magpalit nang maka-salubong ko si Levi. He was smiling when he saw me—probably because he saw me smiling first. Maybe he thought that that was because of him, but dahil talaga iyon sa operation. I was lucky I got to scrub in.

"Done with work?" he asked.

"Yup," I simply replied.

Dumiresto ako para kuhanin iyong damit ko. I changed and made sure that I looked presentable. At least para kung anuman ang mangyari ngayon, prepared ako.

"You wanna grab a dinner?" he asked.

"Condo ko, please?" I asked, instead.

Levi looked at me like he was trying to figure out what was off with me, but at the same time, he's worried that something might be really wrong. I just kept quiet. Malapit lang naman iyong condo ko rito. I really didn't want to have this talk in public. We're both professionals, and I rather we handle this professionally kahit ang gago kung totoo nga iyong narinig ko.