Track 39: Cynicism

Start from the beginning

Wallace placed one of the earphones into Scott's unsealed ears and turned the music device on.

"Okay,what song would you like?" Wallace asked, fluffing Scott hair.

"As long as it's really loud I don't give a damn" Scott said nonchalantly "well if you want to listen to music as well then maybe I'll keep it at a reasonable volume since you hate loud noises"

Wallace's eyes widened in shock as his heart bypassed a beat, his little salmon lips began to wobble, this wasn't out of fear, this was because Wallace felt a little overwhelmed by Scott's kind generosity. He even took into account his hearing disability, Wallace's emotions scattered all over his mind unsure on what to feel about Scott's actions.

"Umm, really?" Wallace asked in bewilderment "you want me to, ummmm, join in with your um, Musical sensory comfort?"

Scott nodded his head "yes my lovely prince" he responded in his endearing tiny voice "I thought it would be a lot more comforting with you here joining in with me, you would also be hearing what I'm hearing so we can be umm more connected, if that makes sense and doesn't come out to be super cheesy"

Wallace goofily simpered as he ran a finger through Scott's facial hair "of course Scott" he uttered "I'd love to join in with your music, I think it would also work for me since I need comfort, also it would put my mind off of the consistent singing that goes on I'm my left ear drum which is super irritating if you can tell"

"Oh, I know cause you're a little bit deaf in that ear" Scott said with a nod "so its your right ear that works perfectly fine"

"Yep that's right" Wallace running a finger down his pointed ear, which was the one which he could hear out of "this is the one, I mean I can hear okay, it's just a little bit umm, muffled and quiet. I'm trying to explain it in the best way that you can understand"

"I understand Wallace" Scott told him wrapping the earphone wire around his index finger "I understand you more than anyone else in this nightmare of a house hold. I'm not bragging it's a fact! Everyone has been treating you like a piece of shit"

"Maybe that's because I am a piece of shit" Wallace muttered forlornly, his arms wrapping around his waist "but I blame them for thinking that of me, I'm fucking vile and my fucked up mind enjoys it" Wallace groaned as he placed a hand on Scott's waist, planting a small kiss on the base of his neck "I'm glad you don't see me as a cruel despicable man, Scott" he wooed gratefully "I'm so so glad that I've finally found someone who'll love me, even when I'm in my worst state"

Scott started to glide his fingers through Wallace's long hair, brushing his rich ebony brown silk. "Wallace, stop beating yourself down" he said placing the earbud into Wallace's right ear "you're really not that bad, okay. You're just mentally unwell, like you told me multiple times, they don't recognise your problems as much as I do. People like Gideon and Kendall are trying their hardest to deal with the two of us but that is not me saying that they are not doing a good job at it"

"Yeah" Wallace exhaled, his eyes slowly baring shut as he felt his entire body ease up once more "you know, I kinda really want Kendall to be my friend" he confessed with a gnaw at the lip "like I'm not really sure about Gideon but Kendall is such a good egg"

"Good Egg! Yes" Scott agreed, clapping his hands "he is literally the sweetest out of all of them, such a shame we don't see him as much as we hoped we would"

"Shall we start with the whole music thingy" Wallace said beginning to get impatient, his fingers tapping against his knee.

"Of course" Scott plucked the iPod out of Wallace's hands and chose a song for the pair to listen to. As soon as Scott hit play Wallace's eyes widened.