Well aren't I just the nicest to myself, apparently past me had a feeling that future me was gonna fuck up and be late. I shut it off, walking out of my room, grabbing my little backpack and putting in my stuff for work.

I grab my keys from the little plate on the counter in front of the door. Walking out of my apartment.

$$$

This bitch is trying to make me lose it.

She is, I know it.

I arrived at work to a lovely greeting of "No time for slacking Silvia, grab your apron, and your notepad for the orders." from my lovely boss.

Apparently this lovely Tuesday afternoon the restaurant chose to be packed. I barely even got into "Remy's lounge", and yes the restaurant is named after the rat from ratatouille, before I was bombarded with tables.

I needed my break, but apparently Sarah doesn't want me to have it anytime soon.

I pulled my hair into a ponytail quickly before I grabbed the notepad and pen to take this table's order.

A middle aged, older couple had come in a couple minutes ago.

"Have you settled on an order yet?" I say with my customer service voice when I get to the table, giving them a smile.

The woman gives me a smile that doesn't quite reach her eyes.

The man clears his throat "We'll have two lamb fattah's, with a tabouleh as appetizer." He says his rough voice sounding harsh, for some reason making me feel uneasy. He looks me up and down, "and a large water." he says, handing me his menu.

"Of course, great choices, anything else?" I ask, the lady handing me her menu.

"No, that's all for now." The man replies, motioning for me to get along.

Oh, that type of customer again, got it. I take the menus and turn on my heel, overhearing the woman "Clark, I told u I don't eat meat anymore"

Followed by a "I told you I don't believe in that vegetarian bullshit, you will eat what I ordered for you."

Alright so one vegetarian fattah for the asshole's partner, noted.

I walk in front of the booth, telling Kareem the orders.

He pulls out the large water, with his rough arabic accent. "Sarah's keebing you from your break again?" he asks.

He always messes his ps and bs I've noticed from the year I've worked here. I sigh muttering out a yes and grabbing the water bottle and two glasses for the table.

As I approach the table, I hear the woman talking into the phone, the man apparently in the washroom, "This is what I get for marrying a Styles"

I put the two cups on the table pouring in the water. She smiles again thanking me.

"I've made one of the fattah orders vegetarian" I whisper, winking at her.

Waiting for the orders by the little opening to the kitchen, I let my mind wander a bit.

Life is so contradictory, there's contrast in everything. There's contrast in your personality, there's contrast in your words and your thoughts, there's contrast in your skin, in your sight, in your dreams, in your emotions, in everything. It's so strange to me, you always need darkness to have light.

I'm interrupted from my little philosophical moment I had over here by Kareem's deep voice, "you good over there jitter" he says rolling his r. Kareem has been my rock ever since the first day I came to work. His 6'5 gigantic self scared the ever living shit out of me on my first day here. His towering stature, rough beard, and large everything just scared me; so much so that I managed to have an anxiety attack on the first day here, hence the nickname. Surprisingly, this big bulky middle eastern man turned out to be the sweetest person, he sat on the chair next to me that day with a cup of water in his hands. He kept assuring me that everything was going to be alright. Ever since then he's been my person in this shit job.