Austin might have a kink in public but I didn't. And I wasn't gonna put up a show for all the men in the room.

"Mr. Rossi," I gritted with a tight smile, "as you can see, my husband is such an asshole. He was the one who planned the marriage in such a rush. Why, he hasn't told me yet. And guess what, I don't want to know either. But I'm sure he has told you," I glared at Austin with the same fake smile.

Austin scowled but immediately schooled his expression. If he was going to torture me, so was I.

"Was it because of the will, Mr. Archer?" Rossi asked. Austin's jaw tightened at his question and his hand which was resting on my back disappeared and was now swiping through his tousled hair.

"The company doesn't mean more to me than Eva. I was planning the wedding way before Sylvester died. I was going to give a surprise to her but Sylvester decided that moment to leave this world so that's not my fucking problem. The problem here is that he decided to make this shit which brings you to my home, uninvited."

Rossi chuckled, "I expect some respect towards Mr. Sylvester from you, Mr. Archer. After all he was your mother's brother. And I don't—"

"Enough," Austin growled.

Wait. Sylvester was Austin's mother's brother.

As in Aria's brother?

"If your mother would be alive, she would be really disappointed in you, Mr. Archer. That you are using a girl just to take over a company. Just to earn some more billions into your bank account," Rossi smiled smugly.

Joseph was Austin's uncle? His real mother's brother?

"I think you really have a death wish, Rossi. And you don't tell me whether my mother would be disappointed in me or not. Mind your own fucking business." Austin seethed.

While Rossi just chuckled and leaned back on the couch, "You can't hurt me, Angelo. The Capo has promised my protection until I'm involved in this case. And you know going against Capo means...war."

"Do I really look like I care? Sinclair is the Capo because I wanted him to. And you're sitting here alive because I want you to. So, before I cut your d*ck off and deliver it back to your Capo, I suggest you get the fuck out of my house." Austin threatened.

Austin was shaking beside me.

With anger.

His muscles were taut and a vein I had never seen before, was throbbing in his temple. "You do know that threatening me won't bring any good on you either. And you are stuck with me until I prove that this marriage is fake and you are a fraud."

With that, Rossi stood up and collected his files from the table and then his eyes down casted on me with amusement in his eyes.

He extended his hand to me, "Until we meet again, Mrs. Archer," his tone was mocking. I was going to stand up but then Austin wrapped his hand around my wrist and pulled me back down on the couch, his eyes throwing daggers at Mark Rossi.

"Mostra al Signor Rossi la via d'uscita prima che lo uccido, Romero," Austin seethed again without taking his eyes off Rossi.

(Show Mr. Rossi the way out before I kill him, Romero.)

"Vedremo chi verrà ucciso per primo, Signor Archer," Rossi replied with a smug smile.

(We'll see who gets killed first, Mr. Archer.)

I couldn't understand what they were saying but it was clear they were threatening each other.

At least Austin was.