Meet- "Not" Cute

Melanie was quietly following a Gryffindor prefect. She had heard the news from Lovegood after she had asked.  My posture was really bad because I had become really tired. She was also trying to draw as little attention to me as possible. It wasn't working.

"Hi!" Mel jumped backwards at the person who startled me and knocked both me and them over. She landed on top of them. She turned around so that we were lying on the ground, facing each other. It was a muscular boy who looked to be my age. He had piercing blue eyes with glasses messily set upon his face as Mel had messed them up by making him fall over. He had messy dark brown hair that fell on his forehead. "Hi." The flustered girl quickly stood up almost falling over again as she did.

"I am so sorry." She said, helping him off of the ground.

"I um- It's fine. I'm James, James Potter." He said getting up off the ground too and positioning his hand for her to shake it.

Mel shook his hand while saying "Nice to meet you James, I'm Melanie."

Mel couldn't stop herself from thinking he was handsome. He was also polite which is a hard trait to find in people.

"You're Mcgonagall right?" He asks me with mischief in his tone. The girl look around him and realize he's with his three friends. One of them is small and sort of chubby eating food leftover from the meal. Another one of them is fairly skinny with thick hair and scars spread all over his face. The third guy had really dark brown, almost black hair that reached his shoulders. He had gray eyes. He was not as muscular as James but he was a bit toned.

"y-yeah" Mel whispered barely loud enough for James to hear. 

The gray eyed boy spoke. "Who's your dad?"

Melanie looked at James and smirked "I didn't think your friends could talk."

"I don't" said the scar faced boy which made Mels smirk grow into a smile.

"I don't know who my dad is. " She replied to the gray-eyed boy's question from earlier. All their eyes widened.

"Minnie?! One night stand??" James said. She shook her head. "Not necessarily." This made them laugh.

"I'm Remus" Said the boy who 'does not talk'.

"Sirius" Said gray-eyes.

"Yes I'm Serious, what do you mean?"

"No, Moony. I'm greeting mini Minny." Mel chuckled which brought all the attention to me again. 

"I'm sorry, don't let me interrupt. Keep talking."

"I'm Peter" the last boy stuttered.

"Well nice to meet you and all but we're now five minutes behind everyone so we have got to get going." She said beginning to walk towards the moving stairs. Her and stairs were already a disaster so moving stairs must be a nightmare. She turned around again to face the boys. "You coming?"

They all nodded at me and followed her. She felt like she'd  just made very good friends.

They all began walking up the staircase when the one they were on started moving. Of course Mel had to trip over her own feet and almost fell face first onto the stairs when she felt someone catch her. Mel turned around to see who it was and saw Gray-eyes.

"Falling for me already are we mini Minny?"

"Most people just call me Mel you know"

"All right Mel, you didn't answer my question."

"What was your question again?"

"Are you falling for me?" He said with a smirk plastered across his face. "Oh, totally." She said jokingly. She winked at him before continuing up the stairs.

                                                           ----------------------------------------------

When we had made it to the common room after Remus had told the fat lady the password to get in, (The other boys had already forgotten it) They each said their goodbyes to me but Sirius had stayed behind. He came up close to me and asked

"Were you Serious?"

"About what?"

"You falling for me"

"I was only joking gray-eyes" She explained.

"I just wanted to- wait. Gray-eyes?." He smiled

"I was only kidding." He nodded and gave Mel another mall smile before going back to his dorm. Mel heard someone walking down from the girls dormitories and turned around to see a pretty redhead with green eyes. She gave me a friendly smile. She jogged up to me and hugged me. I was expecting a handshake from her but quickly returned the short hug. "I'm Lily,  Evans."

"Nice to meet you Lily, I'm Melanie."

"I know"

"Well everyone knows by now don't they." Mel smiled and made Evans giggle. "Let me take you up to our dorms. I'm so excited to have an extra dormmate! I can walk you to your classes tomorrow if you want." She offered.

"That's okay, I know my way around the castle already."

"Okay then, come upstairs. Alice and Marlene are having boy talk!" Mel followed her giggling. When we got to our dorm Mel introduced herself to Alice and Marlene and got talking.

"Well Alice has had a crush on the same guy since first year." Marlene admitted.

"SHH!" Alice scolded  "I'll tell her myself, It's Frank Longbottom." She whispered the last part so Mel could barely hear it but she did, and exploded into laughter.

"LONGBOTTOM?!"

"SSSSHHH" They all shushed me.

"sorry sorry."

"Anyway." Lily started. "Have you seen any eye candy here in Gryffindor?" She giggled at her choice of words.

"I mean... Potter isn't bad looking"

"That's Lily's man." Marlene said.

"No! He's not 'my man' he's a toerag who's obsessed with himself and then me!" Lily said, calming all of Mels worries. "You can have him for all I care." 

"I find him good looking but that doesn't mean I like him like that, he's just a friend." Mel scoffed.

"What about Sirius?" Alice asked.

"What about him?" I answered quickly.

"I saw you two flirting on the staircase before you entered the common room." Marlene and Lily 'ooooooooo'd a lot before M stopped them

"We were only joking around. And besides, I know his type. He'll never settle down with anyone."

Before the girls could say anything in responce, they heard a thud inside their bathroom.

"Hello?? Anybody in there?" I called out. No answer.

--------------------------------

AN: I know no one is reading my story so far (except maybe you Soley) but if you are thanks for doing so and I hope you like it. I'll be giving Melanie an outfit every chapter so keep an eye out for that in the beginning of every one.