We'll Meet Again Soon

Start from the beginning

It was funny, really, when Gundham thought about it. The one person everyone thought he couldn't wait to just break in half would end up breaking him. He imagined it was a bit of the same situation for Fuyuhiko, but it was just a guess at this point.

Because what did he know anymore? All he really, truly knew now was that Kazuichi Souda, the lovable idiot, the sunshine of their group, the love of his life, was gone. And there was no bringing him back, no matter how hard they tried.

Back in the days before the first murder, he remembered how his first impression of the pink haired idiot was one he wasn't fond to think of. At first glance, he thought the boy to be insufferable. He was loud, exuberant, awkward, and a little insane. But when he thought about it, he realized that those were some of the exact thing he'd fallen in love with.

His pink hair, at times, could be quite annoying. It was loud and bright, but it defined the mechanic. At least, to the outside world it did. His sharp teeth were something Gundham knew could never be changed back, but he loved them all the same.

The ever present beanie atop the messy, uneven hair was something Gundham knew he'd always remember as a defining detail. It was something he'd come to associate with the sharp toothed male, and he couldn't imagine him living without it.

The bright, neon yellow jumpsuit was yet another thing he'd associated with Kazuichi. It was something he'd worn every day, and seeing him in the occasional sweatpants, although it was odd, was refreshing. It not only made him look cuter, but it made Kazuichi remember he had an identity beyond the jumpsuit and pink hair.

As weird as it might sound, Gundham loved the scars Kazuichi had on his arms, back, and neck. In the moments when they were together, cuddled on Kazuichi's bed, Gundham would trace them carefully. He worshiped the scars. Each one told a new story, and he loved that. It showed that Kazuichi had a story beyond being a mechanic and a perceived pervert.

The pervert part...Gundham knew it wasn't true. He knew the exact reason behind it, actually. As much as Sonia Nevermind might try, he knew Kazuichi was never hurt by her rejections. He knew Kazuichi only chased her so his father would beat him for not getting the girl, rather for not being straight.

Very few people knew, but those who knew Kazuichi was a pansexual were held to higher standards by the aforementioned than they thought. He loved how they knew him without knowing him. Yes, he had quite a bit of internalized homophobia, but that didn't stop others from accepting him.

Kazuichi Souda. The Ultimate Mechanic. One of the best people Gundham Tanaka had ever had the pleasure of meeting. Not many knew it, but he was, and would always be in love with the boy.

Too bad he'd never get to say it to him.

-------------------------------------------

As a pink-orange hue surrounded the room, indicating evening falling upon the island, a thump sounded through the room. Fuyuhiko and Gundham looked up wearily from where they'd fallen asleep together. Their confusion soon turned to hatred as they looked at Monokumas, who had fallen over beside the bed.

"Hey you two! I've been looking for you all day! Now, I know I'm a little late, but an investigation is never got without the file, so read away boys! I couldn't bear to let you stay in waiting any longer! Puhuhuhu!"

With another thump, he was gone, and in his place, a Monokuma File. Fuyuhiko groaned before untangling his hand from Gundham's and reached down to grab it. He situated himself back on the bed before giving Gundham a quick glance. "You don't have to read it with me dude. I know you need time still, so I can read it on my own. You already know what happened anyway."