Chapter 17 : Return To Zero

Start from the beginning

"Where's Vox?" Valentino asked while looking around, the demon said that he called Vox 20 to 30 minutes ago making Valentino feel something was off as Vox should've arrived already since he knew that his lackey had captured Angel and what the risks of doing so were. For some reason Valentino felt his instincts screaming at him to run or hide even though there was no one else in the alley besides himself, Velvet and the lackey, Valentino often relied on his ability to read a situation and a person when it came to his business and this very fact left him feeling very unnerved.

The object pulsed and was obviously powerful which made Alastor smile as it was picked up and then handed to a shadow that immediately disappeared with it while Alastor walked over to Vox and with a snap of his fingers the straps came loose as Alastor grabbed Vox by the throat and dragged him along behind him. A new shadow reported the location of Angel to Alastor as he created a portal and walked through emerging at the studio Valentino was currently at. Alastor lifted Vox with one hand and let his body dangle as Vox choked in his grasp, "Your dog!" Alastor shouted at Valentino as he threw Vox forward, tossing him straight into the wall with a sickening crunch as he hit it, making it obvious several bones were just broken.

Valentino stood there and watched Vox get thrown and hit the wall a few feet from him causing the large pimp to sneer at Alastor and raised a hand as if he was about to backhand Angel but froze the moment he heard Alastor speak, "That favor only works for YOU. If you read the fine print on our agreement you'd find that the favor applies to asking me NOT to do something to YOU or to DO something that YOU can't, but is instantly nullified upon involving a 3rd party." Alastor's eyes glowed brighter from beneath the shadowy hood as he glared at Valentino.

Alastor took a step forward, "Give me Angel or you WILL need to use your favor now!" Alastor drew back his large black scythe as Valentino glared at Alastor with his gold tooth glimmering, "You think I didn't prepare after our last meeting?" Valentino took a deep breath and then spread his red smoke in a large radius while Alastor took another step forward, The scythe was spun around Alastor like a martial arts master with the metal blade making 'Ting!' sounds every so often. The Sinner that kidnapped Angel yelled out and ran straight at Alastor while firing a gun only to end up on a spike of shadowy Eldritch magic that kept him alive but unable to move.

Valentino and Alastor growled at each other and it was then that Angel started to come to, Angel's head hurt as he opened his eyes and tried to figure out what was going on. Angel felt a massive pain in his gut and looked down. Alastor was dealing with Valentino in his usual way when he suddenly saw Angel on his hands and knees with is lower hands soaked in blood. Angel let out a sound similar to a screech as his eyes and patterns glowed and his extra arms come out along with 6 of the black metal blades, Velvet turned at the sounds and was instantly attacked by Angel's blades and webbing was shot and wrapped around Velvet's legs to stop her from running away. Angel's 6 arms moved in a furious pattern slicing, cutting, stabbing all while biting at Velvet's neck. Black strands began to appear from Velvet that reached towards Angel as he continued to overwhelm and mercilessly attack Velvet.

Valentino had attempted to rush to Velvet but Alastor blocked him and swung the scythe cutting off one of Valentino's arms. A look of rage and indignation appeared on Valentino's face, This was the second time of Alastor removing one or more of Valentino's arms and Valentino wasn't going to stand for that humiliation again. Valentino pulled out his cane and swung it at Alastor as if it were a sword, Alastor's skin darkened slightly and the red etchings turned black and began to wiggle about as Alastor also grew another foot taller. Alastor didn't even block the cane and let it slice into him and then turned his head licked the wound and watched how long it took to heal closed, which was a matter of seconds, Once the wound closed Alastor swung his scythe without even looking and destroyed part of the wall behind Valentino.

Alastor hadn't aimed for Valentino and after seeing that he could force out any energy Valentino attacked him with Alastor decided to hurt Valentino where he would feel it the most, His studios that made all the money he was so obsessed with. Valentino continued to attack Alastor but the cuts were either too shallow or the blade glanced off a bone, Valentino changed his cane into 3 and went from slicing to stabbing with all 3 arms he had left. Alastor was slightly surprised and was pushed back a bit at the sudden change in attack style when they both heard Velvet screaming and crawling away from Angel bloody and weak, Angel climbed up the wall as the blades in each hand were able to pierce into the wall and then were used to climb until Angel was 15 feet or so off the ground.

Valentino was struck by Alastor and knocked back while Valentino's cane blades came up and blocked Alastor, Valentino tried to circle Alastor so that he could see both Angel and Alastor but he had been too late. Angel had jumped as soon as Valentino was knocked back and landed only using the blades on Valentino's body, Valentino roared in rage as one of his arms grabbed Angel and threw him at Alastor while he grabbed Velvet and Vox and flew off. Angel was caught by Alastor and held in his arms, Angel growled and raged a bit at the moth flying away but was held firmly but softly by Alastor.

Angel turned and sniffed at Alastor and then wrapped his upper arms around Alastor's neck while the other arms held onto his chest and Angel's legs wrapped around Alastor's waist. Alastor gently stroked Angel's back and held him against his large frame as he took the time to walk back to the hotel with Angel, Alastor wanted to examine Angel and make sure he was okay but Alastor forced himself not to do anything until Angel was back at the hotel and safe. Alastor walked the streets and not a soul or Sinner was on their path as the breeze blew and Angel fell asleep in Alastor's arms, Shadows appeared all over the hotel and began working as soon as Alastor had started his walk back. Alastor's shadows found the hole in the wall and sealed it as well as performing general maintenance to make the building sturdier and safer for everyone though Alastor's only goal was for Angel and if Angel was going to stay in the hotel so would he.

Alastor walked and enjoyed the feeling of having Angel holding onto him, the warmth and soft heartbeat eased his anger and stress while his hand gently held and stroked Angel's back. The hotel came into view as Alastor continued to walk forward as if on a stroll only to stop 20 feet from the door of the hotel because there was someone in the way, "Someone is getting a Little too big for his britches, I think." Lucifer said as he spun his cane.