Chapter 10 : Aftermath

Start from the beginning

"I want to be alone."

"No, Om. You don't. Until when are you going to ,--"

"I said, I don't want to talk!" Omkara screamed this time with defiance.

Shivaay sat silently staring at him. "Fine. Don't talk to me, okay. But Om, I want you to promise me that you'll take care of yourself."

"I will!" He said immediately.

Shivaay nodded, "where are you going?"

"I don't know." Omkara answered. "I need some time."

"Fine. Take all the time you want, but take the driver along. Please, for me."

Omkara finally turned to look at his brother. He was glad he had chosen the huge dark sunglasses because his eyes had suddenly become vulnerable and prone to crying. It wa overwhelming how Shivaay understood him, how he cared for him. "Can I go?" Omkara asked bluntly before his voice started to break.

Shivaay nodded and got out of the car calling one of the drivers. He walked up to the driver half way and gave specific instructions to him. Omkara quietly shifted into the backseat of his car. 

* * *

"Gauri, wake up. You must be hungry!"

Gauri parted her eyelids slightly to peek. She felt something heavy hammering her head, her hand instantly flew to her head. Oh, the headache was terrible!

"What time is it?" Gauri asked sitting up.

"It's a few minutes to one. Lunch is ready!" Mrs. Talwar spoke folding a few clothes. Gauri realized one of them was her dress from last night. And just like that she was taken back to the previous night on the terrace. She closed her eyes, resting her head against the headboard. She had exhausted all her tears crying last night.

She felt the bed dip and then soft hands caressed her cheek. She opened her eyes looking at Mrs. Talwar. "It's okay, Chhoti. Everything will be fine." Issuing that reassurance, the elder woman kissed her head.

Gauri shifted closer and hugged her. 

* * *

Gauri sat on the bench, aimlessly staring into the air. The park was fairly empty except for a group of kids who sat on the grass playing some board game. Gauri's gaze drifted to them when they all suddenly cried out in joy. She smiled sadly, remembering how she and Omkara would play chess. He had this bad habit of shifting the pieces to his advantage when she wasn't looking. 

Life was so sorted for them. They were so madly in love and perfectly co existed together. There were tiny disagreements. But they both just adjusted and lived happily. A tear left Gauri's eye as she was taken back in time.

"Omkara! What are you do--?"

Gauri's mouth had been seized by his. She tried to break the kiss and push him away but he was adamant. He had her against a wall in the student's locker room. His hands had pinned her wrists to wall.

When he finally broke apart Gauri glared at him despite enjoying that kiss. "What the hell? I have a class to be in and what's with this ..."

"I just felt like!" He said smugly breaking her argument with a lopsided grin.

Gauri narrowed her eyes at him, smacking his arm with the book in her hand. 

"Oww," he cried in pain rubbing his palm over the targeted portion of his arm.