Chapter 18

"How did you allow him?" Praneet reprimanded his daughter over the phone. Madhu sighed, "He already decided to come here after a week. How can I change his plans?"
"He dragged me out of his home without a word," Madhu explained the situation from her view. She couldn't deduce how his dad might have told her parents about their sudden departure. She wanted to prove her innocence.
"He is your husband. Don't hesitate to advise him," her mother commented. Madhu wanted to laugh at the joke. Nobody could control Vikram as she knew. Only if his dead mom could return.
That guy had left the bungalow at seven a.m. and hadn't returned till evening. He might've hit another chick somewhere. She wondered how he got such energy levels to have sex back-to-back.
Her parents advised for an hour and she couldn't take more. Her crooked husband should've been reprimanded instead. To clear off her muddled-up thoughts, she started to arrange her dresses from the trolley one by one. That work was done quickly and again, she felt idle and muddled up.
Her eyes moved to a diary that she found in his room a few days before. She latched her door close and jumped right into that diary.
'Fuck off if it's not Vikram....'
The first lines of the diary showed his typical attitude. Even though she was amused, she corrected the sentence as 'Don't fuck off if it's not Vikram'
"Now I can read this..." she said and opened the next few pages about his teenage days. He had been an ardent swimmer and documented various competitions. His mom motivated him during competitions and Madhu related it to her father.
'I and Karishma are lovers now. Just goosebumps!' he had written it somewhere later. Though she cringed at his childish words, she wondered what happened to that lovesick guy now. His lover demanded a lot of things from him which were clear red flags that the idiot had missed.
'She is cute when possessive' he had reasoned with that bitch which irked Madhu. She then read the last bunch of pages in which he doubted the intentions of Karishma but then the rest of the story was blank.
"What might have happened to his mother?" she whispered, throwing the diary on the bed. Again,  the idleness struck her.
Neither she could do the house chores as servants were there nor did she have a hobby to kill time. She saw a beach near his bungalow and took her strides to visit the place.
She learned the directions from the servants and left the house. The cool breeze outside rejuvenated her cells. She followed the route along sophisticated beach homes to reach the vast waters.
"Wow!" she whispered at the beach that she visited after ages. She felt alive at the sound of the waves. She felt relieved until she met two known faces.
*********

Vikram was astonished to meet Madhu at the beach. They had a nasty debate about his sex life that morning and she wasn't even rightful of questioning him on that. Even though he permitted her to whore around, he won't rent his house for that.
He offered Krish lunch in their favourite restaurant and hit the beach immediately. He never knew that Madhu knew the route to the beach. She spoiled his day.
Krish cut down his conversation with Vikram to welcome her. She wasn't their friend for that hospitality.
Madhu thought of walking away but Krish already reached her spot.
"We had a great day!" He informed her like a kid. She nodded.
"I never thought you would allow him for our brunch...." he then said to her. Madhu was thankful that Vikram didn't listen to his words. He would resume his rules about her limits in his life.
"Why can't we three go for dinner?" Krish suggested to her. She eyed Vikram in hatred.
"Who asked you to come here?" Vikram muttered to her. She looked at Krish, "Let's go. "
"I won't come with her," Vikram warned. Krish debated with his friend, "We were just gossiping, nothing else. I will spill the tea about him while we have dinner."
Vikram bored through her soul with his angry eyes. She ignored his stances and walked along with Krish. She couldn't understand the logic of life.
"Where are we going now?" Vikram stopped the two. Krish shrugged, "Somewhere sophisticated. She is new here and I want to guide her."
Vikram spoke after some seconds, "She could figure it out by herself."
Krish nodded his head and walked to Vikram's car. "Will you drive?"
Vikram turned to the other direction.
"You are immature, Vikram," Krish commented and checked his mobile. "We will go by taxi."
She snorted, "Can I leave, Krish? You are a pain in the ass."
Vikram led his friend to his car, "Let her go."
As Madhu retreated, a reckless truck halted near them. She felt her gut in her throat and looked at the guys in bewilderment. Vikram stormed to the driving seat to warn the driver but a passenger opened the rear door.
Vikram identified the man from the bar, the one whose wife slept with him. The man seemed a criminal and took slow yet steady steps towards him.
"I heard that you were with my wife," he commented." Don't you have manners?"
Madhu gulped her dry throat and whimpered in fear. Krish tried his best to cover her from those lusty men.
"She came with me. Who needs manners now?" Vikram debated. Madhu pressed her forehead at his attitude. Krish opened his mouth, "I am a cop. If you have a problem, visit Juhu police station."
The other guy laughed, "So you are giving him the confidence to sleep with other's wives..."
"When you can't satisfy her, she came to me.." Vikram said with no amount of shame or fear. Krish walked between the two and tried to ease the situation. Madhu felt unguarded by the eyes of those men.
"So this is my revenge," the man eyed Madhu and licked his lips. She felt disgusted to stand there. Vikram pushed the guy, "Don't touch her if she isn't willing. Your wife came to me with interest."
"Your wife will develop interest too," The guy said and took his steps towards Madhu.
She was alarmed and, wished for the Earth to engulf her.
Vikram punched the guy before he could proceed further and stood before her, "Kill me before you lay hands on her."
Madhu statued at his words and witnessed the fight in a state of daze. They were fighting for her, not only for themselves.
She could see other citizens scram away for their lives instead of lending help. Krish informed the local cops to come for help. She tried to defend them and took a rusted pole near the parking lot. She knocked down some of the rogues but they were still a couple left.
"Cops are on their way. Surrender!" Krish warned the guys and panted for breath. Vikram got the pole from her and extended it against the men. Madhu buried her face on the shoulder of Vikram and trembled in fear.
He encircled his left hand behind her.
The rogues constantly intimidated them with knives and Krish leapt over one of those guys and beat the shit out of him. Vikram tried to deviate another guy from attacking and suddenly, the head gangster shot the bullet.