Not good enough

By tcact04

after a year of love and self acceptance. things start to get hard again. love breaks and comes back promises... More

CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
FINAL CHAPTER

CHAPTER 7

8 0 0
By tcact04

Harry's pov:
- I'm on my way to the hospital mum... love you too- I hung up
so, today it's family therapy session. Alex mum called me, and told me that I should come, because maybe Alex would be calmer if I was here.
I park in the first place I found, and I meet the family in the hospital.
they're talking to a doctor, and I join them.
- You must be Harry, I'm doctor Peterson- he shakes my hand.
- Nice to meet you sir- I tell him.
- So, I will guide you to a waiting room, and you'll meet her there for a couple of minutes, to catch up, and then we'll go to the other room for the session, okay ?- he explains while leading us to the first room. - I'll be back in a moment- .
- How have you been Harry ?- her mum asks.
- It's been hard, but I'm doing fine – I tell her.
I contemplate Alex dad and her sister. For some reason, I haven't seen them in so long.
The door opens, and there she stands.
She looks tired, but not as tired as she used to be.
We all stand up.
- My girl !- her mum runs towards her, and gives her a hug.
She smiles. I missed her smile.
All the family talks to her, and I stand behind them, in silence.
Her family now leaves us alone, they sit close, but not close enough to hear us or anything.
*play another love by flavio and anne lukin*
- Hello Harry- she smiles.
I can tell she's nervous. So am I.
- Hi Al- I tell her.
She smiles at me, and I can't help but to smile too.
- Can I give you... can I give you a hug?- she asks looking down.
- Hey... look at me- I gently grab her chin, and pull it up. So she can look me in the eyes. - Of course you can- I tell her while opening my arms.
She hugs me, very very tight. And I do the same.
I missed her. I missed her touch. I missed her voice, I missed her perfume... I missed her.
- God, I missed you- I whisper.
- I missed you too Harry- she tells me.
We sit now, and catch up a little.
I tell her about therapy, and how I've been. I told her I flew back to London, and I'm staying there for the whole year.
- That's great Harry- she smiles.
I smile back at her. She looks so pretty when she smiles.
- We can go now- Doctor Peterson states.
We all get up, and walk to another room.
- Everyone take a seat, please- he smiles.
- Well, as you all know. I'm doctor Peterson, and I'm Alex's doctor and therapist-

ALEX'S POV:
Peterson finishes introducing himself, and now explains the dynamic of the session.
- Today, she'll barely speak, today is more about your feelings- he tells them. - We both need to know how you feel about her, and the disease- he keeps talking. - I will ask you all a few questions, okay ?-
everyone agrees.
I can feel my heart beating so fast.
- Gina, as Alex's mum, tell us a little bit about her, and how everything clicked-
*play a little too much by shawn mendes*
- Um... I,...- she takes a deep breath. - She used to be a lovely child, she was always happy, she would make many jokes, and will always be trying to make you happy- she keeps saying. - But when she became a teenager, she started dating this boy... Daniel, and she, she completely changed-
- How so ?-
- She would stay out and didn't come back home for days... when she did, she'd come back high, or with a black eye- my mom cries. - She would tell us that it was just at school, that she hit herself with a door or something, until... until he, until he abused her- she cries harder now.
- He abused her ?- Peterson writes confused. - You never told me about it Alex-
- I didn't think it was relevant- I whisper.
I look around, all of them are crying, Harry as well. He was the only one who knew the hole story.
- And how did you notice the change?-
- She started becoming much more applied with her studies, which at first I found it great, because she's always been very lazy... but then, she wouldn't sleep for days studying, she would miss her meals...- she says. - I never thought it was going to turn into this... and then I met Harry- she speaks. - he told me about her in the hospital, the first time we came-
- Alright... thanks Gina- Peterson says.
- Andy, you're Alex's father... what would you like to tell her?-
- I... I just don't know where we went wrong... For 15 years you were a normal girl, but one day, you stopped eating- my dad says.
- I'm sorry...- I whisper with tears in my eyes.
Peterson talks a little bit more with my dad, and writes everything down.
- Laura, Alex's sister- he reads. - How do you feel about this?-
- I... I feel like, I feel like I'm losing my sister. I feel like she's fading away, and every day that goes by, she fades away even more- she cries. - This fucking disease man, I hate it- she laughs in tears.
- I agree with that Laura, I hate it too- Peterson smiles.
- Harry... You're Alex's boyfriend- he begins to say. - How did you first noticed ?-
silence fills the room. harry looks at me and takes at deep breath.
-take your time harry- peterson says.
i look at him, and encourage him to speak. letting him know that it's okay.

- I met her at school... I asked to sit next to her, because I was new at school- he begins to say. - She doesn't know, that I chose to sit there, because I heard what those girls did to her, and I needed to meet her. What they did was wrong, and I wanted to help her- he keeps saying.
- What did those girls do ?-
- They told her that she wasn't thin enough to hang out with them...- he says. - I sat with her at lunch, and she told me that she wasn't really hungry, that she had a huge breakfast in the morning... then, she stared at my meal for a long time, and told me every single calorie it had- he keeps saying.
*play hold on by chord overstreet*
- At first it took me a while... but then she fainted at school, and that's when I knew... I didn't wanted to put pressure on her, but I let it go too far, and she became sick...- he cries. - I tried my best to help her, but every time I do something I feel like I'm screwing up... I just want to make her happy, you know ?-
Peterson smiles, and writes.

- How have you been this past months?-
- I... It's been hard, probably one of the hardest thing in my life... I was used to see her every day, seeing her smile, listening to her laugh, her voice... her touch- he takes a deep breath. - And all the sudden, I held her one last time, and lost her- he whispers with a broken voice.
- I read that you found her when she hurt herself-
he nods, covering his face with his hands.
- She locked herself in the bathroom... she was lying on the floor when I broke through... I run to her, and saw her bleeding wrists, she was crying, and apologizing... she's always apologizing, but she has nothing to be apologizing for... non of this is her fault- he says.
I feel like I can't breathe. My tears keep coming down, faster and faster.

-I just, I want to take care of her, you know? I want to hold her and never let go... but- he stops. - Sir, she's way too good for me, I am lucky to be loved by her... I can't afford to lose because... I don't think I would survive without her- he cries harder now.
everyone's crying.
I did this. everyone's sad and broken, because of me.
- Alex, do you want to say anything?-
- I'm terribly sorry... For putting you all in this position, where you have to suffer, because of me... and I'm sorry for becoming a problem to you all... I never meant for any of this to happen- I whisper with a broken voice. - I love you all very much, and I never meant to hurt you. I swear this time I'm trying- I cry.
- Honey, this is not your fault... we are here for you, but you have to stop pushing us away- my mom says.
- I know...-
- I think today was great... I got to hear everyone's side of the story, would you be down to this for a couple of weeks ?-
everyone agrees, and decide to do this every week.
My family hugs me and leaves with the doctor, harry and I are the last ones to leave.
- Harry...-
he holds me tight.
- Harry... I love you, I love you so much, I am the one that's lucky to have you- I tell him while holding his hand. - Don't ever think that you're less than me, because you are just as good as I am, okay ?-
he cries on my shoulder.
- I love you baby...- he whispers with a broken voice. - Please come home-
- I will... I promise, okay ?- I tell him. - Look at me, I promise Harry, I'll be home very soon, sooner than you think- I whisper.
He kisses me harshly.
-just hold on okay ?- he whispers
i nod. crying.
- See you next week ?- he asks smiling.
- See you next week Hazz- I kiss him back.

————————————————————————
definitely one of the hardest chapters to write :(
also, a bit late but, welcome to part two!!
unfortunately it won't be lo hurt than 12 chapters, so sit back, grab your snacks, and read because... you'll see

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

88.9K 1.8K 23
in which the boy next door falls in love with a lonely girl, only to realize it might already be too late for them. {CONTENT WARNING⚠️ contai...
Skinny By Emma

Teen Fiction

95.7K 2.2K 25
Fed up with the insults and humiliation from her classmates and even her own family, Kylie decides that enough is enough. Being an overweight teenage...
5.7K 577 31
Two years ago, Caia lost everything and everyone she loved. Now every day is a struggle; she's lost the ability to eat, and not care. Counting calori...
47.1K 1.3K 37
A girl who has been called chubby her whole life. By everyone. She wants to be a model; thinking it might make her pretty and people would stop call...