Avatar : Love in Danger ||H...

By No0BxD

After the war Aang must perform his duty to rebuild the Air Nation and as always his friends are there to hel... More

Chapter 1 : THE SPIRIT OF BALANCE
Chapter 2 : The Fire Lord's Birthday
chapter 4 : THE AVATAR'S BIRTHDAY (part 1)
Part 2.
Chapter 5 : KATARA'S PREGNANT
chapter 6 : THE DRAGON OF THE WEST
chapter 7 : Long Feng's Revenge
chapter 8 : Fire Lord Ozai.
chapter 9 : Fathers
chapter 10 : The great Rebellion
chapter 11 : Civil War
chapter 12 : The Southern Waterbenders

Chapter 3 : The meeting of the white Lotus society

165 6 1
By No0BxD

Its been a week since Zuko asked Order of the White Lotus to gather at the Fire nation Palace for a meeting about the situation of Aang and the Air nation .... and they gathered but were waiting for something or someone in particular when Katara Bursts open.

"What's taking them so long?" Katara asked irately as she scanned the sky.

"Relax Katara they're flying all the way from Ba Sing Se" Aang reminded. It had been a week and a half since Zuko's birthday and the members of the Order of the White Lotus had gathered at the Fire Nation Palace to hear the proposal.

"But the meeting's going to start soon and they shouldn't miss any of it."

"And they won't, look!" No sooner had Aang said that then the silhouette of a giant bison soaring through the sky appeared. The bison known as Appa landed on the ground in front of Aang and Katara.

The members of Team Avatar had been resting at the Jasmine Dragon tea shop in Ba Sing Se after the war had ended, but Zuko had to return to the Fire Nation to rule as Fire Lord. When his birthday began to approach, Aang, Katara and Sokka flew to the North Pole to visit the Spirit Oasis. Since Appa still had his summer coat and could not endure the frigid cold, he and Sokka returned to Ba Sing Se and a Dai Li assassination attempt on the Earth King had kept them and the rest of Team Avatar busy in the following time.

Sokka jumped down from Appa's head and harness. He had been steering in Aang's absence since despite Aang's position as the Avatar, Sokka was the unofficial leader of Team Avatar.

Like his sister, Sokka's skin was tan in a way that resembled an Inuit and he had dark hair and blue eyes. He was wearing his usual Water Tribe clothes and slung over his back were the holders of a boomerang, a metal club similar to the Zulu iwisa, and a jian, the Chinese straight-sword.

Aang and Katara ran up and hugged Sokka. "Aang, Katara!" the Water Tribe warrior beamed. "How are my favorite Avatar and sister?"

"Just great Sokka" Katara said.

"How are things back in the Earth Kingdom?" Aang asked.

Sokka answered, "Well I finally found my sword and boomerang, Toph is learning how to make tea, and Suki actually managed to beat Iroh in a game of Pai Sho. Oh and the Dai Li tried to kill

the Earth King."

"What?" Aang and Katara asked in unison.

"Please like some well-planned, incredibly organized, and ruthless assassination attempt is any problem for Team Avatar" Sokka boasted.

"Yeah we put them in their place" a triumphant voice from the top of Appa bragged. The source of the voice, a small girl jumped onto the ground. The girl was Toph Bei Fong. She was very short and wore her dark hair in a bun. Her eyes were a greenish-dead-grey for she was blind, though this handicap did little to limit her since she could use her amazing Earthbending abilities to sense vibrations in the earth to see shapes.

"How are you doing Twinkle-toes and Sugar Queen?" Toph asked fondly using the nicknames she had bestowed upon her two friends that reflected their lighthearted natures in comparison to her, rough around the edges personality.

Aang and Katara hugged her as well. Though Toph was considered tough and blunt, she was not beyond showing affection.

"It's nice to see you too."

Sokka's girlfriend Suki then climbed down from Appa. She was a Kyoshi Warrior and wore leather armor and face-paint similar to that of a Japanese geisha. Strapped to her belt were a war fan and a katana, a curved two-handed sword.

"Is there room for one more?" she asked as she stood next to Sokka.

"You don't really need to be in uniform Suki, it's not like we're going into battle" Aang pointed out. "Please you know this uniform is the honor of a Kyoshi warrior. I hate taking it off" Suki remarked. "Plus I love my women painted and ready for battle" Sokka said, wrapping his arm around Suki. "That'll come in handy with having to put up with you" Katara teased. Everyone laughed.

"Oh ha, ha, ha" Sokka fake-laughed. "That was so funny I forgot how to laugh." "Run her through with your sword Sokka!" Toph encouraged fictitiously.

"I just might do that" Sokka replied, unsheathing his blade. His sword was black, having been forged from ore from a meteorite.

"I just realized something," Aang said. "Both you and Suki have a sword."

"Sure do" Suki said, unsheathing her katana. "Mine just happens to be a lot better." "Oh we'll see about that little missy" Sokka said, feigning preparing to attack.

"Now if you attack my leader with that nasty sword" a peppy voice said as another girl wearing Kyoshi Warrior armor somersaulted from Appa's saddle onto the ground. "I might just have to block your chi again" the girl added as she dropped down in front of Sokka. The eager girl was Ty Lee, a former servant of Zuko's diabolical sister Azula who was now a Kyoshi Warrior.

"I'll keep that in mind" Sokka said awkwardly as Ty Lee kept her face close to him.

"You of course realize if you get any closer to my boyfriend I'm going to have to take your fan away" Suki warned.

"Not my fan!" Ty Lee begged as she did a cartwheel to move away from Sokka. "You brought Ty Lee with you?" Aang asked, puzzled.

"The girls wouldn't let me go by myself" Suki explained. "And she wanted to see her friend Mai."

"You aren't happy to see me Aang?" Ty Lee asked, pretending to sound hurt and making a sad face.

"No, it's not that, of course I..." Aang began, not wanting to seem rude.

"Well that chi blocking thing you do is kind of creepy" Katara asserted. Ty Lee frowned though she didn't take it personally.

Appa moaned softly and lay down. His saddle tipped upward and could be easily seen. In it sat the mischievous Lemur Momo and Zuko's robust uncle Iroh, holding a tsungi horn and surrounded by other objects.

"Well hello everyone" the old general greeted joyously. Everyone bowed showing respect to the humble Firebending master who was wearing white robes that were the uniform of the Order of the White Lotus.

"Zuko told me you were a packrat but I didn't know he was this serious," Aang said, noting the many parcels surrounding Iroh.

"These are our birthday presents to Zuko" Iroh replied festively, climbing down to the ground. "You didn't think I would forget my own nephew's birthday did you?"

"Of course not."

"Has the meeting started yet?"

"No but it will soon. It shouldn't start without its Grand Master there though." "Then let's not keep them waiting any longer."

An hour later they had assembled in the Fire Lord's war room where meetings regarding military matters were usually held. As opposed to the customary generals, admirals, captains, and lieutenants who usually surrounded the table, which was also a detailed map of the world, the members of Team Avatar and the Order of the White Lotus, surrounded the board. Of course sitting at the head of the meeting in his throne was Fire Lord Zuko. At his left-hand side was the retired General Iroh, and at his right was Avatar Aang.

The Order of the White Lotus members who were present at the meeting were old, wise masters who Aang was familiar with. One of them was King Bumi of the great Earth Kingdom city of Omashu, who had known Aang before the start of the war nearly a century ago. Despite his advance age, Bumi was still a powerful warrior and Earthbender, though still a little eccentric.

Also there was the Firebending master Jeong Jeong the Deserter, who had been the first man to attempt to teach Aang Firebending but failed when Aang did not comprehend his lessons of control and restraint and had unintentionally burned Katara.

Katara and Sokka's step-grandfather Pakku, the greatest Waterbender in the Northern and

Southern Tribes was also an attending member. He had taught Katara Waterbending after he had learned she was the granddaughter of his childhood love Kanna.

A man by the name of Piandao, the Fire Nation's greatest sword fighter and sword maker who had helped create Sokka's jian and taught him how to use it also sat the meeting.

THE MEETING BEGUN

Zuko and Aang began explaining the purpose and reason they were called for this meeting and how important it is, to be worked out and that Aang explaining some Airbending customs with proud AF but that was out of topic and that Zuko had to do 'aham aham' gesture to make Aang realize and then he closed thinking that its irrelevant topic ... which it was not and that White Lotus was enjoy learning those customs those which here long lost but then Zuko explain the rest of the shorts left and then the discussion began between THE WHITE LOTUS members

"So that's about the long and short of it" Zuko said after he finished explaining the proposed plan.

"This plan will not be easy to carry out" Pakku said. "How can we expect enough refugees to rebuild the temples to go along willingly?"

"The people living in the Northern Air Temple found that place and made it their home on their own" Katara pointed out. "We just need to find people who have nowhere else to go."

"There's another problem though" Jeong Jeong said. "The people of the Earth Kingdom still do not trust the Fire Nation or its soldiers. They would be unlikely to trust them to take them to a new home."

"Yes it seems we would need the support of the Earth King for this plan to be carried out painlessly" Piandao said.

It was King Bumi who spoke next. When Paindao finished, "As you know Aang and I are good friends. If he thinks this plan will work I'm all for it. Omashu has been mostly repaired since the war; I could spare some troops to help with this, and some rock candy to keep the spirits up...muahahaha!"

"While that will be helpful, the Earth King has a farther reaching rule than you. We will still need his assistance."

"He may be less than eager to relinquish any of his security forces in wake of the recent attempt on his life" Pakku reminded. "What became of that anyway?"

"No worries Gramp Gramp" Sokka assured. "We took care of that personally. The Dai Li is no match for Team Avatar. "

"What about their leader Long Feng? Is he dead or imprisoned?" "Well...uh no he escaped. But all of his agents are locked away forever!"

"But the Earth King's life is still at some risk?" Pakku asked piercingly. Sokka nodded sadly.

"One man against the entire Royal Guard of Ba Sing Se, this issue can wait. The fate of Aang's people is a more immediate matter" Iroh insisted.

"Aang's people are already dead, they don't need to be saved; they need their culture saved. The Earth King is still alive and with no heir to his throne if he were to..."

"You are all much to concerned with what was and what will be" a calming voice said from behind them. A man with ragged clothes and a white beard that resembled someone from India walked into the throne room.

"Guru Pathik?" Aang asked.

"Sir" one of the Fire Lord's guards said. "He said he was invited to the meeting." "I've never..." Zuko started.

"This is Guru Pathik" Aang notified. "He taught me to master the Avatar State. Without him I never could have defeated Ozai."

"Any friend of the Avatar is a friend of mine" Zuko concluded. "Please join us."

Pathik sat down. "I sensed you were in need of my help Aang, sorry I'm late" he said.

"The Eastern Air Temple will become a loving home for anyone who seeks sanctuary there" he promised.

"With all due respect Guru Pathik, what makes you qualified to be in charge of one of the Air Temples?" Zuko asked.

"I am 150 years old" the old guru explained. "I was alive at the height of the Airbenders' power. I know more about their culture than anyone else who is alive."

This was too bold of a claim to believe automatically. The others looked at Aang. "Uh...what he says is true" Aang said.

"Very well but how do you plan to protect the Air Temple?" Pakku asked. "Yes are you a bender of some kind?" Jeong Jeong asked.

"Or a warrior?" Piandao posed.

"No. I hold no alliance to any one of the Four Nations and I have never been trained in combat" Pathik answered.

"Then what if the temple were to be attacked by bandits or rebels?" Pakku asked. "I could always send some Earthbenders to help guard it" King Bumi suggested. "We need a more permanent solution to the problem."

"What if we sent displaced benders and warriors to the Eastern Air Temple?" Sokka proposed. "You know, soldiers who lost their homes and families. I'm sure a little Guru-gudy-goodness will do them some good."

"That's actually a good idea Sokka" Iroh complimented. Everyone where stunned at this young boy because of this such a good idea he proposed.

"It'll work for now but who will be the guardians of the other two temples?" Pakku asked.

"We need people that we can trust" Zuko said. "White Lotus members are some of the first people who come to mind. Do any of you wish to?"

"I will watch over the Southern Air Temple" Jeong Jeong declared. "Are you sure old friend?" Iroh asked.

"Yes I am" the Firebending master said. "In my entire life I have only caused death, destruction and pain. Now I can do something to help others, something to redeem myself. I can never restore the families I have destroyed but I can help restore the nation my people have destroyed."

"Then it's decided, unless anyone has objections to this" Zuko said. No one raised any objections. "Then who should guard the Western Air Temple?." No one said anything

"...Well I cannot" Pakku said. "My students and I are already hard at word rebuilding the Southern Water Tribe."

"I can't leave Omashu without its mad ruler .. henkhenkhenk hehe" Bumi said. "Then..." Iroh started.

"I will do it" Piandao announced.

"With all due respect Piandao you are not a bender or as young as once were" Pakku said. "To how great of an extent can you protect the Western Temple?"

"I am well aware of my limits Master Pakku" Piandao replied. "But the Western Air Temple is at an advantage in that it is in close enough range of the Fire Nation Capital that help could reach it soon if need be. Also, I have had too few real students. I would like this chance to pass down the ways of swordsmanship to many pupils. Besides, it's not like I'm using my life to do anything more important."

Toph then spoke for the first time in the meeting. She said, "If the temples need extra protection then some of us (meaning Team Avatar) could..."

"No. We need you to protect the Earth King" Pakku said. "As the enemies of Long Feng you are more likely to draw him out in the open."

"Wait a minute there's one thing we're all forgetting here" Sokka announced. Everyone looked to him. "All of the Airbenders are gone. We can rebuild their temples, their culture and their history but that won't bring them back from the dead. We can't place our hopes that potential Airbenders will just appear because we do all of this."

"...We aren't Sokka" Aang replied hesitantly. "We may or may not meet the potential Airbenders that are alive but there is another more sure way. If I have kids, then they will be Airbenders."

"Yes of course" Iroh said. "We should have realized this sooner."

"Aren't monks of the Air Nation required to take vows of celibacy?" Bumi asked.

"Well desperate times call for desperate measures" Aang said. "Besides, you don't take those until you turn 16 and there isn't anyone for me to vow to...so."

"Not to mention the Avatar is usually the exception to many traditional rules" Pathik said.

"Whatever the traditions were when Air Nomads could afford to not reproduce should not rule over what is done to restore them" Iroh said. "Now how should we work Aang's offspring into the plan?"

"The practical, but not necessarily the right thing to do would be for Aang to impregnate as many women as possible," Pakku said.

"Pakku!" Katara yelled. Aang blushed. Pakku knew Aang and Katara were together, so he made a joke and then everyone laughed when Katara yelled his name.

"That is not a good idea" Pathik affirmed. "Aang is a spiritual leader as much as a physical one. His actions reflect the honor of the entire world. The world cannot look to him for guidance and wisdom if he becomes nothing more than a common prostitute."

"I agree" Zuko said.

"As do I" Iroh said.

"Besides" Katara said, "there's no guarantee that all of those kids he would have with those random women would be Airbenders, right Aang?"

"Uh...right" Aang lied.

"This discussion is premature anyway" Sokka argued. "Aang's too young right now. When he turns 16 and is a man then we can plan more about this. By the way, the Avatar is allowed to have children by the Spirit World rules or whatever is in charge of this, right?"

"Yeah" Suki answered. "Avatar Kyoshi had a daughter."

"And Avatar Avatar Roku..." Zuko began awkwardly. "...had kids too." Avatar Avatar Roku was Zuko's great- grandfather, making Aang his spiritual relative. He hadn't told Aang that.

"So we'll talk more about this disturbing subject in four years then?" Bumi asked keenly. "Three years" Aang corrected.

"What?" many of them asked in unison. "I'm 13" Aang said.

"What, since when?" Katara asked. "Well I turned 13 today."

"What?"

"It's your birthday and you didn't tell us Twinkle-toes?" Toph asked.

"Yeah. What's the big deal?" Aang asked as though he was completely oblivious as to why his friends were surprised.

"Aang would you join me on the balcony?" Katara asked. "Sure Katara" Aang said.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

168K 1.6K 14
I accidentally summoned a tentacle monster in the middle of the night. He wants to show me why eight arms are better than two. I said yes, and now I...
234K 4.9K 48
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...
178K 6.1K 43
โ if I knew that i'd end up with you then I would've been pretended we were together. โž She stares at me, all the air in my lungs stuck in my throat...
156K 5.2K 105
'How I obsessively adore you' หห‹ยฐโ€ข*โ€โžท startedโž›30/03/2024 finishedโž› หห‹ยฐโ€ข*โ€โžท cover by me x