Returning Home (Hiccstrid vs...

By astridhofeman

"I will be back in 3 years" "Be safe Hiccup. I love you." "I love you too. See you soon Astrid" We all know t... More

Hello
Following Hiccup
Meeting Toothless
Dragon Training (Part 1)
Dragon Training (Part 2)
Two Vikings Lost
Run Away
Run Away (Part 2)
A New Friend
....Pitch....
Honoring Hiccup
New Home and Friends
Chief Astrid?
What Now?
The Letter
Strange New Alliance
Leaving
Someone New
Perfect
New Story
Coming Home
Telling Stoick
In the Dark
Random Video
New Base
Hurt
Explanations
The Alphas
Meeting Her
Authors Note
Gift of a Friend
Please Don't Leave Me
Epilogue

Getting Ready

231 0 0
By astridhofeman

Astrid's POV

I'm running through the halls getting back to my room. I was training with Heather and just got back when we were told that we have to get ready for dinner with some visitors. We are told nothing else.

I continue running down the halls when I feel someone grab my hand. 

"Astrid. Where is Thor's name have you been? I need to get you and Heather ready for dinner." Stella asks me.

"I know. I'm sorry Stella. We were training and I was just told about it." 

"Ok, Fine. Go get cleaned up I will be back soon." She walks away and I call after her saying that she better not put me in a dress. She waves my comment away and tells me to get moving. I chuckle and turn around. As I do I run straight into someone. 

"Oof" They grunt

I fall right on top of them. It takes me a minute for my vision to clear. I end up look at a young man about my age with platinum blonde hair and icy blue eyes. "Sorry. I wasn't looking where I was going."

"It's fine I wasn't looking either." 

I chuckle. "Get a move on girl! Stop with the chitter-chatter!" I hear Stella yell from down the hall.

"Yes ma'am" I call back. "Sorry I have to go," I say to the man. I run towards my room and think about how I haven't seen him before. Then again our tribe is known for taking in people who just have nowhere else to go. I don't give him another thought the rest of the night. 

I wash up and once I step out of the bathroom Stella is in my room looking at something.

"Is that my outfit?" I ask

"Yep. Please don't start yelling but it's a dress." I groan. "Invar insisted. It's going to get cold tonight and he wants you to be warm." I never truly healed from the ice. The spread might have stopped but it can always come back due to cold weather. 

"Fine let's just get this over with." Stella helps me get into the dress. It's red with two black stripes on the side. In the back is a floor-length cape. It's quite warm actually. I have my hair down. I also have to wear black heels.

Down the hall, I hear a couple of people struggling. It sounds like Heather is also being forced to wear a dress. I pick up my skirt and walk over to her room. When I enter I see Heather sitting on her bed and the dress is next to her. 

"Can you believe this Astrid? My dad wants me to wear a stupid dress. He knows I hate them." I just laugh.

"You're not the only one." I gesture to myself. "If I'm being forced to wear this monstrosity then you are as well. I'm going to suffer all by myself." Heather laughs and gets up. I look at the dress. It's a floor-length silver dress with flowy sleeves. It has a hood and just like mine, it's also really warm.

I help Heather into it and tye the corset in front. I make sure it's not too tight so she can still breathe. She puts on similar black heels as me and braids her hair into her normal side fishtail. 

"You know you should wear your hair down more"

"I could say the same with you, Heather."

We link arms and walk out. I see Eret walking towards us. (I'm too lazy to describe what Eret is wearing so just imagine his HTTYD 3 outfit.)

"You look beautiful Astrid," Eret says as he gives me a light kiss on the forehead.

"You clean up nicely," I respond. 

"I hope you girls didn't give anyone a hard time with the dresses," Stoick says coming up to us. Valka is standing next to him holding his hand. I smile at this. Valka hasn't returned to Berk yet but she and Stoick have worked it out. He understands that this is her home and when she's ready for it she will go back, same with me. 

The gang comes up behind them. I haven't seen them in a while. Cami and Ruffnut hug me. Fishlegs and Heather share an awkward hello. Snotlout and Tuff are talking with Eret. 

"So do you know who's coming?" Ruff asks as the other come over. Stoick is talking with Valka and Invar who just came in.

"No. Me and Heather had no idea any was coming. We had just come back from training when we found out."

"Same. All my dad told me was not to get into any fights." We all laugh. 

We talk for a little longer. Then we head into the dining room to what for the visitors.

Hiccup's POV

Earlier that day.

We had just come out from a meeting with the chief. He had offered us two options. We can either join them or stay off their territory and they will take the bounty off of Elsa's head. 

"I will give you three days to decide." I nod. "You are strong. I've heard about your war with Viggo. The last thing I want to do is call a war on you. I hope you understand why I feel that way. You were on our territory and almost killed not just anybody in the tribe but the Queen of Night." (I decided to change Astrid's title.) 

"Yes, I understand Invar."

"Very good. In the meantime make your selves at home. The others will be meeting us for dinner." Invar walks away. He stops to talk to a woman a little older than us.

"What now?" Punzie asks

"We have to make a decision" I look at. Elsa. "How are you holding up Els?"

"I'm fine Hiccup. Just nervous." She smiles and Jack wraps his arms around her.

"Hello." I hear someone say. I turn around. "I'm Stella. The chief asked me to show you to your rooms." I nod. "Everyone is going to have their own rooms if that's ok."

"That's fine," I respond

"Also there will be a couple of outfits laying on your beds. You are to wear them to dinner. Everyone else has assigned clothes as well so don't feel called out." I can tell Merida is pissed at this. I take her hand and she relaxes. 

We are shown to our rooms. The girls go off together to look at their outfits while the boys stay with me to talk.

"So what are you thinking Hiccup?" 

"I think we should ally ourselves with them. Think about it. They have an army and we might be able to learn more about that base. It clearly belonged to someone else before."

"I don't know. I don't trust them."

"We have three days to think about this. Let's just get through this dinner and talk about it with the girls." Jack and Flynn nod and head out. 

I look at the clothes hanging near the door. I pick up the red and black tunic and put it on. It's kind of thin but also warm. I see someone run past my room. I look out and see Jack talking to a blonde. I can't what they're saying. Someone shouts from the other end of the hall. The blonde starts running again. I catch Jack's eyes and give him a look. He just shrugs his shoulders. 

I spend a couple more minutes in the room staring at the ceiling. Someone knocks on the door. I sit up and Jack tells me it's time. I get up and motion for Toothless to follow.

Me, Jack, and Flynn are wearing similar tunic just in different colors. Flynn's is dark green and Jack's is navy blue. We have brown pants on under. 

The girls are wearing dresses that surprise me. I've only seen Merida and Elsa in dresses once. That was when we first met five years ago. Rapunzel is the only one who wears dresses but I haven't seen her in a formal one.

Elsa's dress is a light blue dress with long flowy sleeves. I can tell it's warm and Elsa doesn't like it.

"Don't like the dress, Elsa?"

"It's fine. It's just that it's really warm. I don't mind the cold. I actually prefer the cold."

"Well that makes sense Ice Queen," Fynn says, smirking at her. She just laughs and pushes him away.

Rapunzel is wearing a simple floor-length purple and beige dress. She looks really uncomfortable.

"At least you can breathe. Merida tied this corset way too tight."

I look at Merida. She looks amazing. She's wearing a navy blue floor-length dress. It slightly drags behind her. It has a stip of silver down the middle. The sleeves are long and loose at the end and have a simple design around the end.

"You look the most comfortable."

"I mean the dress is fine but I hate the fact that my hair is braided."

"Come one Mer. It looks great." Punzie says. Merida just grumbles.

I look around and see two young women walk out of a room. One has on a silver dress and a hood over her head. The other person is wearing a red dress that has a cape that slightly drags behind her. The girl in the silver dress turns her head around and looks straight at us. Her eyes are cold and determined.

I can feel the others shift around. I realize that I'm looking at one of the girls we ran into at the base. I wonder who's with her. They walk over to a young man who kisses the blonde on the head. Then they join a group of people.

"Who was that? Why did seem like she knew us?" Merida asks once they are out of earshot.

"That's because she does. That's the same girl that tried to attack you, Mer. She was at the base and we all most killed her friend." I look at the others worried.

Sorry I know this was probably really boring. If I can I will be updating later tonight or tomorrow.

Thank you so for reading. 

Stay safe ❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.1K 329 27
[Completed] What if Hiccup left Berk when he won the chance to kill a dragon all those years ago? Six years after Hiccups mysterious disappearance...
257 1 2
Was going to be a one-shot but I decided to turn it into an actual book. Oh I decided to change Hiccup's age, so when they defeated the Red death...
39.5K 1K 14
It's been five years since Hiccup changed the minds of Berk, and everyone is happier for it. It's a more peaceful way of life, and it opens the doors...
45.1K 788 30
Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III a teenage Viking who earn the ranks to kill his first ever Dragon in Dragon Training. He could not kill it, he wouldn't...