The Bet (Jenlisa)

By JeyHolmes

Lisa Manoban, a professional dealer in a casino with a very classified profile. Girls find her attractive and... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14 [M]
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18 [M]
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23 [M]
Chapter 24 [M]
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27 [M]
Chapter 28
Chapter 29 [M]
Author's Note

Chapter 10

3.1K 148 18
By JeyHolmes

[Lisa]

I watched her as she took the gloves and wore the apron hanging by the sink. Let's see if she can even last for a week.

"You sure about this Lisa? Don't you think this is too much?", I didn't notice Jisoo already came back.

"Yep, I haven't done anything tho", I looked at her with my brows creased. She just shook her head and slumped on the couch beside me.

"Okay then", she shrugged then suddenly gasped. I scoffed with how her mood would changed instantly.

"Oh my god! I think I'm really in love, her best friend is so nice and cute", she looked at the ceiling dreamily and I just gave her a slight grimace.

"Yeah I can tell", I said and stood up.

"Where are you going?" she asked.

"To my room, oh when she's finished, tell her to bring snacks in my room", I told Jisoo.

"Why me?", she instantly complained

"Because you're the only one here, who else gonna tell her? the plate? the table? or the couch?", I sarcastically told her.

"Why are you so grumpy?", my best friend's face fell and I bit my lip guiltily.

"I'm sorry, okay? Just.. just tell her that. I know you're against this but I already made my choice.", I started to walk to my room after.

[Jisoo]

I watched my best friend as she walks to her room. I don't get it why she's so hot headed, why she wants to make everything complicated. She could have just let it go. It doesn't matter anyways, no one thinks she's a loser or something, yet she still has to make it difficult for this poor girl. To be honest, Jennie is hot and pretty and she looks smart but let's just say she's not really the one I'm looking for. But her best friend, I think she's the one. I smiled as I remember her smile. She looks like a chipmunk and you know what? that's my favorite pet. I laughed a bit but then I had to straighten my face when I saw Jennie looking weirdly at me.

"Why are you smiling?", she asked. I coughed a bit and breathed out.

"Oh, no-nothing. By the way, is Rosie gonna go here tomorrow?", I tried not to sound excited even though my inner self is already jumping up and down.

"No, I don't think so. Why?", she raised a brow at me while wiping her hands with a clean cloth. She seems overprotective. I cleared my throat and smiled awkwardly.

"You see.. I think I like your best friend"

"You think?"

"No. I mean I like her"

"How fast", she cuts me off again. Damn, this girl is freaking intimidating. I wonder how did Lisa manage to ask her to be her slave. I closed my eyes and breathed out to loosen the tension I'm feeling. It seems like I'm in a hot seat.

"Look, I'm not like Lisa. No, cross that. Lisa is a nice person-"

Jennie cuts me off by laughing. I groaned coz she can't even let me speak.

"She's nice? really?", she sarcastically laughed. I swear to god! She and Lisa has the same mood. Like, I think they're gonna explode if they would be in the same room.

"Can you please let me finish?", I desperately muttered.

"Sure, go on", she calmly said.

Jesus, Lisa is enough to make me go bald but I think the possibility of that might increase now that Jennie is here.

"Okay, I want to be close to Rosie and I was thinking to..uhm.. kinda.. ask her out", I smiled nervously at her.

"Good luck to you. I don't mingle with my best friend's sex life"

"What? What sex life? No.. I mean.. Yes I mean, Oh my god!", I was already panicking and I had to cover my face coz of embarrassment.

Jennie then laughed and tapped my shoulder.

"Relax, I just want to tell you that my best friend is a great catch but not an easy one. ", she said and went to the table after she took some glass.

"Oh, what snack should I get for Lisa? I heard what she said earlier", she asked.

I observed her expression and she seems fine. I can tell that she's a strong woman. I think it will be challenging for Lisa to make her suffer.

"She likes chocomilk and maybe you can get some macaroons", I told her and she just nodded.

"I'll just head out. If you need anything or if you need help, I'm just in the next door, just knock.", I gestured a knocking sign in the air and she gave me a genuine smile. That made me feel at ease. It felt like I was in a frying pan earlier. She's scary. 

[Jennie]

I checked the fridge to look for anything edible. Luckily I saw a box of chocomilk, just like what Jisoo said. But there's no macaroon. I guess I had to order it. I took my phone and look for macaroons online. I never served anyone my whole life, nor even order anything online. I have people to do that for me. How should I order this? I bit my lip as I nervously scrolled down.

Fuck it. I placed down my phone and decided to just look for ingredients in the shelves. I may not know how to order but I know how to cook. I learned it from my mom. That's one of the things I treasure in my life.

I need almond flour, sugar, salt, eggs, butter and vanilla extract. I opened the shelves one by one and I only got sugar and salt and egg. Seriously, does she only know how to cook eggs? I guess, I can use the privilege that Jisoo gave me. Good thing she's nice, I might ask Rosie to come here more often. You know just to make everything easier for me. And so I went out and turned to the next door. I rang the door bell and after a few seconds Jisoo opened the door.

"Oh hey, what's up?", Jisoo asked.

"I need your help. Can you go with me to the mall?", I straightly asked her.

"To the mall? Why?"

"I need to buy ingredients. She only has eggs in her shelf", I crossed my arms and she chuckled.

"Okay, wait, you can come in first, I'll just change my clothes", she said and I did.

Her place is not that different from Lisa's, only a minor difference.

"Here, have a seat first. I'll be quick", she asked me to sit on the couch and turned to run to her room.

I opened my phone to check emails and current news and then I saw Rosie Posie's message.

🐿: That girl is weird

🥟: You panicked back there, Rosie Posie

🐿: I did not!

🥟: Yes you did. oh don't worry she's nice. She's actually helping me here.

🐿: She's still weird

🥟: Really huh?

🐿: Jennie Rubyjane

🥟: Okay hahaha

I stopped teasing her coz when she calls me by my full name, it means she's already pissed.

"Okay, I'm done, let's go", Jisoo muttered after going out of her room.

[Lisa]

I decided to go out of my room after an hour just to check on Jennie. She's been taking too long just to wash the dishes. But she's not there when I went out. Did she run away? But her things are still here by the couch. I dialed her number but she's not answering. I dialed again yet she declined it. What the fuck! So I decided to text her.

😎: Don't think of running away. Why are you not answering your phone?

A few more minutes and still there's no reply from her.

😎: Okay, that's it, if you want to break the deal, then you have to face the consequences.

🥟: I'm with Jisoo. Can you please fucking calm down??

😎: Oh so you choose to date my best friend in this hour?

🥟: Date? what? and what is it to you??

I scoffed reading her message. She's not taking this seriously. I guess I had to make it harder for her.

😎: nothing, if you want to date my best friend, I don't care. Just don't forget our deal. Wash my clothes when you get back here and I want every part of my apartment clean.

I knew she's like any other girl who would flirt with everyone. I won't get easy on her on the following days. I'll make sure of that. I can't blame Jisoo. Maybe that girl seduced her. I hate girls like her. Those girls who would use their charm to get what they want. Those girls who think they can get whatever they want and will just leave you in the end.

[Jennie]

I was just silent as we head back to the car. Jisoo must have noticed my silence after she put all the groceries in the trunk.

"You okay?", she asked curiously.

"I can't believe that Lisa would think that I am dating you in the middle of the day", I scoffed and put my phone in my pocket.

"What? Seriously? I'm really sorry. I don't know why she became like this. But she's a nice person. It's just that after that... uhm.. I don't know if I'm in the position to tell you. But let's just say, there's something happened before that made her lose her trust on everyone. She's kinda skeptical of everything and she hates when someone embarrasses her or someone looks down on her. She hates that", Jisoo explained.

"It's normal to be skeptical of things. But she's just too much. Anyways, this is just for a week, this will be over soon", I said and did not speak anymore.

JIsoo must have sensed that I didn't want to talk so she just opened the stereo. We reached their building and parked the car on the parking space. Jisoo helped me with the groceries. I already bought everything I need, including the food I will be preparing for the following days.

We went up and Jisoo swiped the card on Lisa's door to open. We saw Lisa sitting on the couch looking blankly at us.

"Dude, I just helped Jennie to buy groceries", Jisoo instantly muttered.

Lisa didn't say anything, but instead she stood up and looked down on the grocery bags that we're carrying.

"Give that to her", she said.

"What?", Jisoo asked confusedly.

"Whatever. Just cook some food then after that wash my clothes. I can see some dusts on the floor, clean that off", she said and went back to her room.

"I'll take that Jisoo, thank you so much. You've been a great help", I smiled at her.

"That's nothing, if you need anything, you can always come to me", she went to the door and went out. I sighed and carried the bags on the table to arrange them on the shelves. All of a sudden, I thought about what Jisoo told me back in the car. There's something happened to Lisa before? I wonder what could that be. It must be really horrible that she became a monster. I mean she's a monster to me coz of her she treats me. She thinks she can control everything. I bet she's a control freak.

I jolted when suddenly I felt someone behind me. I turn around and I saw Lisa. I breathed out and held my chest. Jisoos...

"How's your date? Did you have fun?", I can sense the mockery in her tone.

I just grimaced at her and didn't speak. I'm already tired and I don't want to argue with her. I started to take the groceries out of the bag but I gasped when I Lisa suddenly pulled me on my waist, causing me to crush my body to hers. She looks at me with her piercing gaze and tightened her grip on me, but not too tight that it would hurt me.

"Another rule, if I ask you something, you must answer me", she muttered in a low voice.

"Y-yes, I mean.. no. I just asked Jisoo to help me buying the groceries coz I don't know how", I answered nervously. I can see her looking down on my lips and that made me even nervous.

"Is this your way to escape from me?", she started grazing her fingers down my cheek to my chin. I shivered under her touch, I had to bit my lip as I try to stop my chest from heaving up and down. She's making me breathless.

"Guess what? It won't work. Coz I'm serious about what I told you".

My knees started to get weaker as she placed her lips near my ear.

"Let's see who will beg", she whispered.

I felt her lips grazed down my neck. I gripped on her shirt and it took every ounce of my energy to push her away.

"No!", she then smirked at me and I was left panting.

"You are my slave, and I am your master. Don't forget that", she said and walked away.

"Fuck", I cursed and slumped down on the floor.

I hate it whenever I feel weak around her. I just felt my tears running down my cheeks. I hate her! I hate her! I wiped my tears and tried to stand up. I shouldn't be affected by her. She's the danger I must overcome. She's not gonna bring any good to me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5M 121K 45
Lalisa Manoban An agent, and not just a simple agent mind you. She's the cream of the top, the best of the best, give her a mission and expect a 100%...
311K 7.7K 27
Jennie is an assistant at Manoban Inc. She can't stand her job or her boss, Yang Hyunsuk, but she needs the money. One day she's finally had enough a...
2.5K 49 6
Meet Jennie Kim, a 26-year-old who's left close to bankruptcy after a divorce from her cheating, childhood sweetheart, Kai. Following the implosion...
722 3 11
Jennie Kim will do anything for her father-even sell her body to the city's Capo, Lalisa Manoban. This man has already broken her father's legs, and...