𝐒𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫| 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝...

By roseycloud

𝐀 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐝𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐠𝐞𝐬 More

epigraph|
2|
3|
4|
5|

1|

7 0 0
By roseycloud

Dec 1977-

A clear breeze blew the pile of leaves sitting in the stack away. The crystal wind chimes clang together as they gleamed in the sunlight. In the corner near a rocking chair, sat the American Sweetheart.

Tears streamed down her cheek falling onto a black and white polaroid. " pull yourself back together" she sniffled, putting the polaroid in her back pocket. Aurora stood to her full height as she glanced around.

Raising her hand to block the sun from view, she turned towards the back door contemplating if ready to go inside. Aurora rubbed her tear stains with her cold fingers walking towards the door.

Walking inside the boxes were being moved out by workers. "Aurora!" surprised at the sudden noise she looked around to see who called her. Her elder sister Lynda was walking towards her in rushed footsteps.

(Lynda Presley)

"Do you feel better now?" Lynda asked concernedly as she embraced Aurora in a hug. "How did you know I was crying?"  Aurora asked, attempting to pull away, fighting her sister's affection. " I didn't. I just thought you were upset, now I know you were crying" Lynda laughed hugging Aurora tighter.

"Okay, that's enough back up" Aurora groaned, pushing Lynda away. Her face was flushed from the unanticipated attention, biting her lip she looked around at everyone else.

Lynda chuckled as she glanced at her baby sister's awkwardness. " um" Lynda paused as if she remembered the current situation. "Why don't you go check if Cindy's room is packed up" she suggested glancing in that direction.

Without saying a word Aurora headed in that direction, already climbing the stairs. Dragging her feet towards her little sister's room.

Ring, ring, ring. Aurora paused in her steps as she listened to the home phone go off. Ring, ring, ring. Biting her lip she decided to answer it herself.  She jogged towards the upstairs living room, sitting on the couch she paused for a moment before answering.

"Hello" Aurora called out to the phone reluctantly. "Hey Aurora" a voice responded. Her eyes widened, mouth dropping open as she realized who had called.

" Michael, Hey I didn't realize it was you calling' she chuckled nervously

"yeah I just wanted to check on how my favorite girl is doing" Immediately Aurora started blushing. She bit her lip and responded " you're gonna make me blush, plus I'm positive you tell all the girls that"

Laughter erupted on the other side of the phone. She smiled silently as she listened to his light feathery laugh.

"That's definitely not true" Michael snorted as Aurora rolled her eyes "what are you doing right now" he asked her. Aurora sighed twirling the phone cord on her finger "... well um we're packing up graceland"

The mood shifted "already.... how are you feeling" he asked delicately "I hate it everyone keeps looking at me like i'm going to break, just me not Lynda or Bernadette or even mom" She ranted exasperatedly, as she tugged on her curls. "I can't put myself in that position but I understand why they're looking out for you" "just don't take it out on them sweetheart"  he explained to her gently. Her eyes softened as she realized the pet name he used.

Biting her lip she responded curling her body into a pillow. "I just want to see you Michael" there was a pause as she waited for his response.

"I miss you too baby, i'll tell you what when you get to LA go to Havenhurst" "We can spend the whole week together" Michael spoke to her.

Aurora's honey brown eyes lit up with excitement "are you sure" "will everyone else be okay with that?" She tried to suppress her excitement, biting her lip and twisting the cord with her finger.

"Don't worry about that love, i'll work out everything" he promised, smiling into the phone.

"I'm so stoked Michael, I can't wait for this" "I've really needed a break away from my family" she admitted, as she twisted her curls.

"I don't want you to feel like that Aurora" she rolled her eyes at the pending lecture. "You're going through a lot right now, I want you to use all of your resources"

"you may not want to be near them but they're the only ones that know what you're going through-" he explained

"I know Michael" Aurora cut him off "you aren't the only person who's told me this" rolling her eyes.

Silence spread throughout the air, after a minute he spoke " you might be mourning but you're still just as sassy" She laughed, a real laugh for the first time since her father died.

She glanced towards the doorway as footsteps we're near. "Who are you talking to?'

                           (Araceli Santiago)

Aurora bit her lip before responding. " I'm on the phone with Michael" instantly her other elder sister started smiling and raising her eyebrows.

Aurora covered the phone with the pillow in her lap. " oh my gosh can you stop" she groaned, throwing her hands over her eyes.

"Calm down, mi amor i'm just messing around with you" Bernadette glanced at the phone before finishing "it's actually adorable how close you two are getting" she smiled.

Aurora had the ghost of a smile on her before she picked up the phone. "thank you hermana" she whispered to her elder sister.

"Michael I have to ditch" "Araceli is bothering me" he laughed "alright tell her I said hi" he paused on the phone  "also she's right, it is cute how close we're getting" Aurora stood up straight, mouth open glaring at her elder sister.

"oh my gosh, you weren't meant to hear that Mike" she whined, hands running through her curls. Michael crackled over the phone "I love you Aurora, i'll see you soon" her heart melted "I love you too Michael, bye"

Aurora hung up before staring at her sister still in the doorway "Y'all ruin everything I swear" she flung herself onto the couch.

Footsteps walked towards her, gently Araceli sat down. "I'm proud of you, ya know" she told Aurora

Aurora closed her eyes and hummed in response. "I know the publicity has been a lot but you've done a great job coping with this" Bernadette paused

" Whenever you're ready to go back into the spotlight, you'll be fine" Araceli reassured her.

Aurora hadn't even started to think about returning to hollywood. She's still imagining the headlines.

"American Sweetheart Stars In New Movie After Mourning Death of Her Father The King of Rock N Roll"

the couch groaned as Aurora stood up "We'll deal with that when we get to that point, for now let's finish packing" she attempted to smile while playing with her hair.

Araceli stood up hugging Aurora "esa es mi hermana pequeña"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110M 3.4M 115
The Bad Boy and The Tomboy is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon p...