The Reckless & The Brave Book...

By tay-tay19

Tsukishima Kei enjoys learning, and he's good at it. He has the patience and the drive to learn anything he p... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19

Chapter 18

158 5 0
By tay-tay19

"Kuroo put the damn box down," Kei snaps. He's spent the better part of the day getting boxes moved up to their new apartment and he feels like he's babysitting a toddler because every time he takes his eyes off of Kuroo he starts trying to lift boxes or carry furniture. He's barely had his cast off for a week and he hasn't been cleared for lifting anything heavier than ten pounds.

"I'm fine babe, I can move a few boxes," Kuroo snaps back.

"No you can't," Kei grabs his shirt and pulls him back onto the couch. "Sit and relax. I'm almost done bringing stuff up."

"Kei."

"Tetsurou," Kei leaves his hand on his chest to keep him in place. "Sit. Stay. Don't argue with me."

"I'm going to die of boredom. I'm going to actually die," Kuroo drops his head onto the back of the couch.

"You'll live. Play some video games or something. Let me handle the move in. I'll put the boxes in the right rooms and then you can sort things while I'm on my business trip," Kei moves back and waits for a moment to make sure Kuroo doesn't plan on getting up, and then he goes to move boxes into the proper rooms.

"What is your business trip this time?" Kuroo picks up the handheld console that Kodzuken had lent him and stretches out along the couch.

"It's an assist. I'll hardly be doing anything."

"You're good to be back in the field?"

"I'm not the one who was injured."

"Yeah but..."

"Tetsurou," Kei gives him a look over his shoulder.

"It's gonna suck without you here," Kuroo says, glancing up from his game.

"Bokuto and Yamaguchi will be stopping by while I'm gone, I'm sure they'll be happy to keep you company. You have plenty of friends you can invite over. You can work on unpacking the apartment too. That way I can just relax when I get home."

"I don't need babysitters," Kei doesn't need to look at him to know he's rolling his eyes.

"You do because you'll overexert yourself if left to your own devices," He runs his fingers through Kuroo's hair as he passes on his way out to get the last of their belongings. Kuroo's old things had been kept in a storage unit while he was gone. It was strange to see all of their things mixed together again. They'd had his things delivered to the old apartment to be sorted through before the move. Kei hadn't even realized how much they'd taken when they'd cleared out the apartment. Some of the things hadn't even been Kuroo's in the first place.

Kei drops the last box on top of the stack in the living room and sighs with relief. He's always hated the process of moving and he'd done it way too many times in the past few years. Moved into the dorms, moved into Kuroo's apartment, moved with Kuroo to their apartment, moved into his own apartment, now here he was again starting over with Kuroo.

"Next time we move you're doing all the work," He says. Kuroo laughs and catches the back of his shirt, tugging him down onto the couch and wrapping his arms around him.

"Are we moving again?" Kuroo asks, he presses kisses along Kei's neck.

"I don't know, it might happen. For work, or something. We could get a house one day," Kei lets his head tilt to the side.

"Hmm, a house could be nice, permanent though. Harder to pack up a house than an apartment. Don't really have the time for pets. Life's too dangerous for kids," He says against Kei's skin.

"I know what you're doing Kuroo," Kei brings a hand up to tangle his fingers in messy black hair.

"I'm kissing my fiance," he can feel Kuroo's grin.

"I can't quit. They'd monitor me for the rest of my life. I'd probably go stir crazy sitting around a museum all day," Kei lays back on the couch and Kuroo goes with him, it takes them a moment to find a comfortable position with Kuroo's cast but they manage it.

"Stay here, don't go on this mission," Kuroo says. Kei considers it for a moment but he knows it's too late to change his mind.

"Atsumu and Mr. Refreshing requested me, I need to take it if I have any hope of getting people to stop calling me a baby crow."

"Aw but you are a cute baby crow," Kuroo teases.

"I'd dump you on the floor right now if you weren't so broken," Kei sighs. Kuroo presses his face into Kei's chest and laughs.

"I'll take an I.O.U for after I've healed," he grins. Kei smiles and rubs his back.

"I should get going soon," he doesn't want to go, "You plan our wedding while I'm gone okay?"

"Somewhere mountainy with only a few people right?"

"No more than twenty I think if either of us actually knows that many people," Kei presses his lips to the top of Kuroo's head.

"I mean if both of our teams come there's probably more than twenty."

"Oh god no, I don't need to invite anyone but Yamaguchi," Kei rolls his eyes. "I guess I'd have to invite Captain to be polite and he'd probably want to bring Mr. Refreshing."

"Babe please learn your teammates' names. It's too weird. I know the rules say you aren't supposed to but it's really only a suggestion."

"What are their names then?"

"The Captain is Sawamura Daichi and Mr. Refreshing is Sugawara Koushi, but he goes by Suga," Kuroo's hand slips under Kei's shirt and slides over the skin of his stomach.

"I'll invite them then. Stop touching I've got to leave," he makes no move to get up.

"But see that's exactly what I don't want to happen," Kuroo looks at him with that Cheshire grin. "I figure if I keep touching then you'll be so distracted that you forget to leave me."

"The sooner I go the sooner I come back," Kei presses a kiss to Kuroo's lips. "And you're still too beat up."

"I will be fine."

"Tetsurou," he warns. Kuroo puffs out his cheeks and then drops his full weight onto Kei's chest.

"Just stay here and marry me," he whines. Kei laughs and presses another kiss to his head.

"I will marry you when I get home."

"As soon as you get home?"

"Wedding planning is not my strong suit. You plan the whole thing. I'll go straight there from this mission."

"Do I get to pick what you wear?"

"Yamaguchi gets veto power," Kei makes him lift his head so he can kiss him before slipping off the couch. "Let Fukurodani know where to drop me off afterward."

"And if your mission runs long?"

"We'll have an outdoor ceremony somewhere we don't have to pay to use it. The mission is supposed to take two weeks. We don't need anything fancy," Kei kisses him once more then goes to the bedroom to get his bag.

"It's gonna be the best wedding you've ever been to!" Kuroo calls after him.

"I've never been to a wedding!" he calls back.

"Perfect!" Kei can't help but smile as he pulls his bag out from under the bed.

Kei is in such a good mood that he almost doesn't mind Atsumu and Suga's weirdness. They're both pretty annoying on their own but put together it's a whole different story. Kei sits with them in a briefing room and he'd really like to know what exactly the mission is about but the two seem more content to glare at each other across the table.

"I'm getting married," He says, to break the silence. Both of them turn to him.

"When?" Atsumu asks.

"Who?" Suga asks at the same time.

"Pita, as soon as this mission is over. So if we could get on with the briefing that would be great."

"Is there going to be dancing?" Suga asks.

"Am I invited?" Atsumu adds.

"Wait! Didn't you just meet Pita? Like he hasn't been back that long. Are you sure you should jump right to marriage?" Suga leans across the table to peer closely at him.

"I knew him before."

"Is that why you joined? To save him?" Suga looks way too excited about this.

"No I didn't know he worked for... can we please just get started?"

"Only if you promise to give us all the details," Suga insists.

"Wait, did you know he worked here when I told you about the black cat?" Atsumu asks.

"Did I mention that I'm going straight to my wedding from this mission?" Kei reminds them.

"Okay okay don't get all emotional or something," Atsumu says with a roll of his eyes. "Look, me and this bastard have been working this case for like a long time. It's ten years in the making but our covers are too precarious right now. We need fresh blood."

"You're the bastard," Suga grumbles before leaning across the table towards Kei. "I promise it'll take two weeks, maybe less even if we do everything right."

"He's not the best at undercover," Atsumu pointed out. "I'd say we aim for the full two weeks. Maybe even allow half a week extra. Give him time to settle in before we make the final move." Suga sits back in his seat again and crosses his arms with a thoughtful look on his face.

"Let me see the files so I can get up to speed," Kei holds out his hand and Suga obliges, handing over a tablet. Kei starts to read through all of the information they have available.

It was a fairly straightforward mission. Kei's job was hardly a job at all. He joined a company as a temporary receptionist, the company served as a cover for a crime family but the day-to-day business had nothing to do with the illegal operations except serve as a meeting place. Kei's only responsibility in this mission was to be in place on the right day. It's taken years but Atsumu has worked his way up into the good graces of the families higher-ups. He'll be attending a meeting that will be held in the building. Suga works for one of the family's suppliers so he's well known around the building. Kei will give him an access card and then shut down the security system while he's getting what they came for.

A quick and easy mission really, Kei's role is minimal. A simple mission. It'll be over before he even really notices it and then he'll be getting to Kuroo. The excitement is a weird feeling, especially after he's spent so long vowing to not get involved with anyone else. It feels a bit like a betrayal to himself to be so happy about it.

In the end, that wasn't the betrayal he should have been worried about.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 53.4K 68
Things changed after that one fateful day, since then you've been labeled as the 'Toman traitor' and was kicked out of the gang, but the only ones wh...
15.8K 509 36
Deku got tired of hiding all of his emotions under a mask. Tired of keeping a smile on his face despite being constantly beaten up and ridiculed. He'...
6.9K 204 22
read the a/n at the start of the book for tw (s) and more information ; dont make fun of my grammar btw bc im only young>:((( actual description:...
117K 4.5K 38
- "i made it my life goal to protect you" - --------- [izana kurokawa x fem reader] --------- We all know the man with the 'special' earrings, we a...