The Stains of Payne {Liam Pay...

By xxbeckieex

Annabelle Formers wasn't like most teenage girls. Sure, some people would guess that since her closest friend... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9

Chapter 2

190 9 0
By xxbeckieex

Chapter 2

All Rights Reserved

*Annabelle's POV*

How could I tell Louis that my father didn't die years ago in a car crash? He'll think I'm a liar. He's one of my closest friends and knowing I've lied to him all these years will crush him.

"There may have been a different story than the one I told you the day we met," I state trying to ignore the fact that I lied to him.

"Why didn't you tell me the truth? I mean, it can't be that bad, Annabelle," he states.

Now I know he thinks it's serious. He used my actual name. He usually calls me Annie.

"It's pretty bad. You don't really want to know and I'm not planning on telling you any time soon," I reply and Louis pulls over to the side of the road.

"Tell me how your dad died," he commands with a serious expression. "The truth."

"He died from alcohol," I reply taking a deep breath.

"When?" he asks.

"This morning," I respond and he becomes confused.

"How did your mom die?" he asks and I feel like crying. He knows exactly what he's doing and it's stupid.

"She was murdered," I reply and a tear finds a path down my left cheek, but I wipe it away quickly.

Louis is looking at me as I stare straight ahead through the window in front of me.

"Who killed her?" he asks seriously.

"My father," I simply reply only answering the questions he's asking and nothing more.

"When?" he asks and this is the question I don't want to answer, but I can't lie to Louis.

"On my fifth birthday," I reply and put my hands over my face. Kylee is in the back crying as well.

"You don't need to tell me anymore, Annie, if you don't want to," he states and turns the car back on. He continues driving towards his flat.

We pull up in his driveway and Kylee gets out quickly.

"Where is Eleanor?" Kylee asks eagerly as Louis and I get out of his car.

"She won't be here until New Year's Eve," Louis repsponds and Kylee looks upset. "I'm just kidding. She's inside, kiddo."

Kylee runs to the window and looks through it. Eleanor is inside and the flat cooking lunch for us. She spots Kylee then opens the door to let her in.

"Kylee!" she shouts with a happy tone and her arms stretched out for a hug.

"Eleanor!" she shouts equally as happy. They hug and Kylee goes inside.

Louis then walks up to Eleanor and hugs her. He then kisses her and I stand there awkwardly.

"Do you wish Harry was here to snog?" Louis asks sarcastically after he notices my awkward expression.

"Shut up," I respond and he laughs while I just frown in disapproval.

Louis and Eleanor walk inside. I follow and close the door behind me.

"Shouldn't you be with your family in Doncaster?" I ask with a confused expression. "The other lads are with their families."

"I'm not going this year," he exclaims.

"Not...going?" I ask with a bewildered look. "That doesn't make any sense."

"He wanted to take care of you and Kylee. He's such a sweet boy," Eleanor explains and smiles at Louis.

"So, Christmas is here? Fantastic," I sigh.

"Oh, here are your birthday presents," Louis states and points to the living room. There is a pile of presents.

"How many are there?" I ask in awe.

"Twenty-two," he replies and I gasp.

"How come so many?" I ask and Eleanor smiles.

"Niall gave you two, Liam gave you two, Zayn gave you two, Harry gave you two, Louis gave you two, Perrie gave you one, Kylee gave you one, Phil gave you nine, and I gave you one," Eleanor explains.

"What about Danielle? She never forgets my birthday," I wonder and the whole room goes silent.

"Maybe she did forget," Louis suggests and I just don't think about it. I'm thankful for all my presents.

"Open my present first, Annie," Kylee begs and I smile.

"Ok," I state and grab the present in blue wrapping paper. On the top is a label in perfect cursive.

To: Annabelle

From: Kylee

I rip it open and smile when I see a picture of Kylee, Niall, Liam, Harry, Louis, Zayn, and me on my birthday last year.

"It's beautiful," I whisper and Kylee hugs me.

"My turn," Eleanor says and I smile.

I pick up the present in purple wrapping paper with Happy Birthday all over it in yellow. I open it and everyone is gathered around me. It's a new pair of boots.

"I like them," I say and Eleanor hugs me. "Thanks, El."

"It was nothing," she responds and we laugh.

"Did you hear about the New Year's Party Louis is hosting?" Kylee randomly asks and I give Louis a confused look.

"Kylee, it was supposed to be a surprise!" Louis shouts in a whisper while Kylee lets out a chuckle.

"Where is this party being held?" I ask and Louis looks at the ground.

"I was planning on having it here on New Year's Eve to New Year's Day," Louis explains.

"Then we need to clean this place up," I state looking around the messy flat.

"After you open your presents," Eleanor responds and I laugh.

"Ok," I reply and pick up a random present. It's from Perrie.

There is a card on top with my name written across it. I open it and see a handwritten letter from her.

Annabelle,

                 I am so sorry I couldn't be with you for your birthday. If you ever want to get lunch with El and me when we see you, just tell me. Here is your present. I hope you like it.

                                  Love,

                                  Perrie

I smile at the warm letter. Then I remember one thing.

"Why wouldn't she invite Dani?" I ask and Eleanor becomes frightened.

"She's probably out of the country or something," Louis exclaims and I just smile even though something is going on.

I nod slightly then open Louis's two presents. He got me a bag of carrots and another striped sweater to match the one I'm wearing.

"Thanks," I say sarcastically and he smiles.

"You can never go wrong with a bag of carrots and something with stripes on it," he smiles as if proud of himself.

I shake my head in disapproval and open a couple of Uncle Phil's presents. Clothes. Just like always.

Then, I open Niall's presents. He got me a red polo shirt and white high tops like he usually wears.

I pick up the card and see a note.

Annie,

         These gifts are from the heart. Now you can look like me! Well, we can be twinning.

                               -Niall 

 I let out a chuckle. "What is it with you guys giving me stuff that you like?" I ask Louis and he shrugs.

"You will never forget us," he states and I laugh.

"Oh, trust me. I wouldn't be able to forget you even if I tried," I reply and everyone laughs knowing it's so true.

I open Zayn's presents next. He got me the blue sneakers I wanted from Nike.

"Oh my gosh," I gasp and put them on quickly. "They're wonderful."

I open his other gift and see a purple varsity jacket. I sigh. I grab the card.

Annie,

         I got you those sneakers you've been wanting for three months now. I hope you're happy. I also got you a varsity jacket to symbolize our epic friendship.

                                   -Zayn

"Our epic friendship," I quote with a chuckle. These guys are unbelievable.

I grab Harry's two gifts.

"This is the one you've been waiting for," Louis jokes and I take a deep breath to control my rage.

"I don't like him like that," I simply state then open the first gift. He got me a scrapbook of all of the memories One Direction has had since they were put together as a band. I am in a lot of them, but some I am not in considering they were probably touring at the time and I was back home in London.

The second gift is a cat stuffed animal. "Oh my gosh," I muble under my breath and put the cat at my side.

"Awwwww, he got you a cat. That is the first step in a healthy relationship," Louis jokes and I shake my head.

"Would you be quiet about that?" I ask and he just laughs. Gosh, I hate those Harry jokes.

I grab Liam's two presents and sigh. "If there is anything plaid in here I am going to be upset," I warn and open the first present. A plaid shirt. "Oh my gosh," I mutter and laugh. "Oh well."

I open the second present and it is a new pair of white skinny jeans. 

"I like these," I state and smile. "He didn't get me a card," I mumble after realizing I have received no cards from Liam.

"Good," Louis mutters and Eleanor playfully slaps him in the shoulder. I just shrug it off and open the rest of the presents Uncle Phil got me. They were just new clothes. Expected.

"Now let's get this house clean!" Kylee shouts and I laugh.

"I second that," I state and we begin picking Louis's dirty clothes off the floor.

Someone knocks on the door and I look through the peephole. I see Danielle standing there with a present in her hands. I open the door quickly and step outside on the porch.

"Hi, Dani," I greet her and she smiles.

"Here is your present. I just want to tell you the bad news face to face in case you didn't hear," she explains and I become confused.

"Bad news?" I ask and she just looks at her feet.

"I guess you don't know then," she states and hands me her present with shame.

"Tell me," I say sympathetically.

"Liam and I broke up," she blurts out and tears start forming in her eyes, one slipping out of her left eye and down her cheek. I look at her with saddened eyes, now realizing why everyone was leaving her out.

"I am so sorry," I whisper.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

219K 4K 41
She was heartbroken. He was heartbroken too. Coralie was told to stay with her brother's friend during her holidays because her brother thought that...
49.7K 716 23
Grace was just a normal girl, had a job at her Aunt's Pub, loved spending time with her best friend, and was a happy-go-lucky kind of girl. But she h...
1.4K 225 34
A human and innocent Annabelle is dating a mysterious man, Damien. Over the course of three months their relationship seems unbound, and steamy, apar...
5.5K 194 31
This is a story about Jade Walker. Just a normal teenage girl waiting to turn 19. Well...... Almost normal. But what's gonna happen when One Directio...