Bad Hero (Resident Evil x Mal...

By MrHeyJack

(Y/n) (L/n), leader of the U.S.S. Delta Team in Operation Raccoon City. Uncover the truth of what happened du... More

Author's Note
Prologue: The Game is On
Chapter 1: Wolf Mother
Chapter 2: Reunion
Chapter 3: Cat and Mouse
Chapter 4: The Beginning of the End
Chapter 5: Operation Raccoon City
Chapter 6: Nemesis
Chapter 7: How About a Drink?
Chapter 8: The Misunderstanding
Chapter 10: Enemy Within
Chapter 11: A Promise
Chapter 12: Mutual Friend
Chapter 13: Another Day On The Job
Chapter 14: The End
Chapter 15: Flash
Chapter 16: Family
Chapter 17: Familiar Face
Epilogue: The Aftermath

Chapter 9: Mind Game

1.3K 44 6
By MrHeyJack

It's been more than a month now since (Y/n) was allowed to leave the hospital. A lot happened since then. And when I say a lot, I mean a lot. For starters, the misunderstanding between (Y/n) and I now all sorted out. Chris told him about how things were in the office and the first thing he does after he got out is to settle the problem out. He just enters the office and asks for everyone's attention and he told about what happened that day.

After he makes a brief speech for his return he continues, "I know that you all think me and Jill is a thing now. Wich is impossible seeing how our only female members of STARS act around men." He said jokingly, "But trust me, as I wish that true as much as everyone else. I'm sorry to inform you that it's not."

The whole room was filled with doubt as soon as that words come out of his mouth, they didn't believe him.

"The truth is, I was dead drunk that night. When I finished the paperwork I got too much drink and collapse in the middle of the street." He continues, " Jill found me and she didn't know what to do. So she brought me to her apartment giving me shelter. Since it was raining that day she takes off my clothes and lay me on the bed. Just that, unfortunately, nothing exciting happened."

I was a bit surprised when he said that, because I know he was lying. I didn't remember it like that. Why would he lie about it? But somehow, how he tells the story and how the words got out seems convincing. And everyone actually believes it, well... except for one person of course.

"What!?" Barry raised a question, "Okay that explains why you in her bed naked, but that didn't explain why Jill didn't have a cloth on her?"

I was nervous as everyone starts doubting (Y/n)'s statement. Did this will only make things worse or I was just about to enter another pain in the ass situation. I look at (Y/n) who stays calm, he didn't even budge when someone tries to doubt his lie. He just smirks and said, "Guys, it's Barry we're talking about here. You sure you actually see her naked? Or it's just your imagination? I mean, it's not a new thing that you came into the office almost late and still have a hangover after a night out, eh?"

Brad hums before turning to Barry, "Now that you mention it, isn't the day before that you stay up late again at the bar?"

"Huh!? No, I don't!"

"Oh yes, you are! I still remember it clearly since that was the day you said that you're going to pay for the drink. Instead, you made it into a drinking game and make me pay for everything... again." Brad finished with a sigh.

Barry was about to raise a protest but he paused and think for a sec, "Hmm... I can't really remember..."

"See what I mean?" (Y/n) continues to smirk as if he knows that this would happen.

Now this time everyone starts to doubt Barry. They look at him asking for confirmation. But Barry just raised his hands, "O-Okay... I actually don't really remember seeing Jill naked. But I thought she was, okay."

Some of the boys having a facepalm while the others just sigh, because it appears that the shocking news Barry told them was not so true after all.

"So that concludes it then. Our only female STARS member is still a virgin." (Y/n) said jokingly.

My face getting red as everyone else in the room start laughing. I see (Y/n) who join everyone else in a laugh, it appears that not even a single person in this room sees how red I was. Well, except for (Y/n) who share a brief look at me and wink. After that, everything just turns to how it was before that accident. (Y/n) keep doing his thing, which is to stand out from everything. While I back to my routine and free from all the teasing.

During the lunch break, I saw (Y/n) walking upstairs to the roof. I followed him and saw that he was laying his back on the fence and taking a sip from his coffee can. He is alone up here. I guess no one brother comes to the rooftop when the sun is so hot.

"I'm going to start thinking that being alone is one of your hobbies."

As I walk closer to join him. (Y/n) turns to me and lets out a small smile. He tosses me a can of coffee.

"I know you would come." He said.

I was taken aback by that, "You do? How?"

"It's just natural that you're going to ask me about earlier."

I keep silent because it was true. I wonder how did he know that his lies can get through. I open the can and take a sip before asking him the question, "How did you know that lying to everyone will work?"

"How? Maybe it's because I don't completely lie about it. I'm just mixing the truth and a little lie. That way it more believable than just telling a straight lie." (Y/n) said while showing a little smirk.

"What about Barry? How did you know he was drunk the night before?"

"You know Barry, every time he goes to the bar he would shout it out before leaving the room." (Y/n) turns to me, "You're at Kendo, right? That's why you didn't hear him shout it out that day."

I nod. "You know?"

"If it's work related. I know everything that's going on with my teammates."

"You know about everyone's schedule?"

"I just keep everyone track so that I can find you guys easily if something comes up."

"But still... that didn't explain why no one saw us together leaving the station. I don't remember it all, but I know that we leave the station together at the same time."

"Well, Jill. That's where I make my little bet."

"Your little bet?" I don't understand.

"Since I don't remember what time it was when we left. I just need to gamble you know. I know that was Bobby and James on the night shift. But I just don't know who will take the front desk. If we leave past 12 it's definitely going to be Bobby and you know how he is. He's too busy reading a magazine to even notice anyone pass by. But if it was before 12 am then it's going to be James, and man... no one passes that guy's eyes." He chuckled.

"So it was Bobby's shift? But if it was James, they will know that your lying." I try to piece everything up.

(Y/n) nods as he continues to sip his drink.

"But what if it was James? they will know that your lying. What would you do?"

"Aren't you asking too many questions now?" He raised an eyebrow. "Isn't it enough that everything turns to normal?" He continues as he finished his drink and walks away from me.

But as he tries to walk away I stand in front of him stopping him in his track, "You still didn't answer my question."

(Y/n) was silent as he looks me in the eyes. He then let out a sigh before he starts smiling again, "I have a backup plan. If my lies didn't work. I just told them I was too drunk to remember anything." He takes a step aside before walking past me.

It was weird how one day (Y/n) was just sit in the corner of the room, not even a single person really noticed him, and the next day there he was, became the center of all the attention. He can be awkward and he can be so friendly just whenever he wants to. I start feeling admiration toward him, but it was not just that, I also fear how his mind works. How he can easily manipulate people into thinking of how he wants them to think, how he knows a little thing about us that we just didn't realize. That day is where I start having this thought, what a guy like him doing in this place? In a paper, his record is outstanding, he's one of the best. But in the field, he's just a decent guy, he didn't stand out in anything. And that's weird... to be one of us you need to at least stand out in some field, just like how Chris was selected to be our team Pointman because of how good he is as a marksman and a sharpshooter. How Brad become our Pilot because he excels in his field and how I was selected to be our team B&E specialist. But in (Y/n)'s case... it was different. He didn't stand at anything at all. He's like an all rounder who can do everything but didn't excel in any of them. With his kind of skill set and abilities isn't he's more suited to become an FBI agent? But what I don't understand is why would anyone send an agent to this town? I mean, why here? Why Raccoon City? Why STARS? I have so many questions that pop into my mind. I start getting suspicious of him. His role in our team is as a Backup Man, which is a role for Barry too. Why we even need an extra Backup Man on the team? When I start asking this question to Captain Wesker, he said that it was for an unexpected situation. (Y/n) was famous because of how he can handle himself in every situation calmly and come out with the most efficient solution. But that was just what Captain said. I know that there is something going on here... After all, when nobody really paying attention to them, Captain Wesker and (Y/n) always seem to discuss something. So I decided to do my investigation on (Y/n).

From that day onward I always keep an eye on him. I think the right approach for me is to become closer to him, become his friend. I need to make him lower his guard around me. And when he does, I'm sure I will uncover his secret one at a time.

Now is lunch break. Everyone is in the canteen enjoying their break. I saw (Y/n) sitting with Chris at the end of the room. They were chatting and enjoying their meals. The plan was simple, I will join them, talk, ask (Y/n) to hang out with us, and boom! One step at a time. I know he would not deny my request since he was still feeling sorry for that night, I will use that to my advantage.

My plan was perfect! Until certain trouble shows up....

I was walking to their table about to join them when suddenly Claire waved her hand while calling his brother's name. She runs her way to their seat and joins them. She takes a seat beside (Y/n) meanwhile Chris is on the other side of the table. I didn't expect Claire to be here at this hour. Whatever, she will not interrupt the plan anyway. I processed to continue and join their table.

"Hey, is this seat taken?" I asked.

"Oh, Jill! Don't be a stranger. Come join us!" Chris motion his arm inviting me to a seat next to him.

I take a seat and join them.

"So, how was your injury?" Claire asked (Y/n) worried.

"I'm fine. You don't need to worry about anything." He finished with a smile.

"You sure? I think I hit you pretty bad you know..." Claire still feeling guilty.

But (Y/n) just wave his hand in meh and tell Claire that it was okay, "It's fine really. I had worse. There was this time when my landlady thought that I was a burglar because I forgot to take off my mask. I was in hurry trying to take out some urgent documents in my room. In my full uniform, I try to enter my apartment when she points her shotgun at me. She chocks her shotgun aiming it at my chest. She didn't even give me a chance to say anything. And then boom!" (Y/n) tells the story as he mimics her landlady aiming a shotgun at him.

"Oh god!? Did she shot you?" Claire asked wondering how the story ends.

"Yes, she did..." He answers her.

"Oh, man! This is getting interesting. Then? What happened?" Chris wonders.

"Well, luckily I was still wearing my vest. So it drains all the bullets in. But the impact didn't spare me any good. It blasts me out of the window on the 4th floor, dumping me into a dumpster down the street." He chuckled.

"Ouch.... that must be hurt." Claire feels sorry for him.

"Only a few broken bones. But the good news is, the vest works!" (Y/n) cheerfully finished.

Chris and Claire can't help to let out a small laugh as (Y/n) finished his story.

"So, Claire. It's okay, really. And besides, here you are checking up on me when you have time. So, consider us even." He continues.

Claire was about to protest but she stops and let out a small smile, "Thanks, (Y/n)."

"Don't mention it."

And just like that, once again he controls the flow of the conversation. Claire was known stubborn when it came to helping people. Normally she won't just let it go. But now Claire just goes as to how (Y/n) want it to go. Does even the story that he tells is true? I can't even tell if he's lying or not right now. I really want to find out, but I know it's better to let it go for now. But I must say, the story was pretty funny though.

I was going to continue with my plans but Claire always keeping him occupied. They just keep having a conversation between them and I didn't even found a way to not make it awkward to jump in. Claire talks about how she loves customizing her motorcycles and to my surprised, (Y/n) had some knowledge about it too. Just like that, they click and keep talking about her hobby. So that left me with Chris. We chat for a while before finally, our break ends.

I can't help to let out a disappointed sigh. I maybe failed for now. But there is another time. Just wait, (Y/n). I will uncover your secret!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.5K 75 7
*TW: This story has depictions of PTSD-like symptoms and alcoholism. Jill has been through a lot and this story details the toll that her experiences...
798 35 13
In the heart-pounding midst of a zombie apocalypse, James Summers finds himself trapped within the nightmarish confines of Raccoon City. Overwhelmed...
12.9K 277 16
LEON ART IN BOOKS COVER: @everglaid_ -Twitter or MistFighter -DeviantArt - Female reader! Unless you can change pronouns as you read - After a serio...
7.4K 335 5
Two attempts. Survived both of them. For how long? || Leon Scott...