Beneath the Vail

By TheModernRomani

In the supernatural realm, creatures gather in the Vail, an academy for students with paranormal abilities. S... More

~ Author's Note ~
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter 10
Chapter Eleven

Terminology

12 5 0
By TheModernRomani

A list of terms used in this book and what they mean. I will add to it as the story progresses.

Hex
Hecs (plural)
the proper term for witch; comes from their creator Hecate

Sânge
A hex that practices their craft involving blood and sigils (magick symbols)

Clairvoyant
A hex who can see into the uncertain future; and commune with those who have passed.

Helbreder
A hex that is a healer

Haruspex
A hex who performs magick with blood, sigils and sacrifice. Have a tendency to be more zealous.

Kindred; a kindred
Used to describe someone who is a hex, no matter their craft.
"She's one of the kindred."

Craft
The type of magick a hex uses.

Lycan
The proper term for werewolf

Vlasilan
The proper term for vampire

Slayer
Secret society of women united to fight evil

Umbra
A particularly vile creature; a hellish fiend that continues its presence in the living realm by literally sucking the soul from a living being.

Diavol
A demon, one of the undead. They serve Clairvoyant's as a familiar.

Familiar
A creature that serves a hex by doing their bidding. May serve on their on accord or under a covenant.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

138 0 45
This is a part 2 to Path Of Shadows. If you haven't read that yet, please go back and read from the beginning so you can catch up, even if you read i...
174 17 21
In the enchanting world of Lyra Shadowdusk, nothing came easily. Life had taught her valuable lessons, and she had learned them the hard way. Conceal...
72 1 21
Lyra Reed, now given the name of Asema Darksky, is trying this life out as an immortal as it somehow parallels the human world. Questions will rise l...
1.9M 94.4K 31
[Completed] Every Wolf Moon, humans are selected from each village to be sacrificed to the werewolves; creatures worshipped by humans as godlike figu...