Protectors [One Piece Fanfict...

By wanderingsoulll

She grew up with the ASL trio but, unlike them, she became a Marine. Achieving great feats at a young age, s... More

Strange Ice Man and Mysterious Water Woman
Smooth Thighs, Pink Hair
Water 7 with Ice Man?
Best Friend in the Whole Entire World
Her Power and His Father
The Girl's Past
Your Father is... Who?
Jaya Island with Ace
Leaving so soon?
Sail Away, Luffy!
A Little Into Her Life
The Beginning of Old Adventures
Old Adventures: Meeting Whitebeard
Old Adventures: Party Reveal
Old Adventures: The Alcohol Talking
Old Adventures: Uncles?
Old Adventures: Breakfasts and Accusations
Old Adventures: "She's Mad, Mad"
Old Adventures: Fight Fight Fight
Izou the Therapist: His Thoughts
Irin and the Three Musketeers
Old Adventures: The Beach Episode
Old Adventures: Good Idea
Old Adventures: Emo Boy Band Boys
Old Adventures: Evil Plagues the Pure
Old Adventures: Fireflies, Fireworks and Fire Fist
Old Adventures: "I love..."
Old Adventures: The Chronicles of Dumb and Dumber
Old Adventures: Two Sides of the Same Coin
Old Adventures: That Time on Fishman Island
Old Adventures: ๆ„›
Kids on a Rampage
The Lie
The Monster Called Regret
The Empress Meets The Angel
Secrets and Plans
Gift For Him
Let the War Begin
Bottled Rage
Death Looming Over
His Protector
Everlasting Wound
Victorious

Prologue

31.4K 665 365
By wanderingsoulll

Prologue

"You wanna be a Marine right?" Monkey D. Garp asked the young girl. She was determined and anyone could see the drive in her deep brown eyes. "Yes, Garp-jiisan," she replied immediately. Her gaze was sharp and determined, it was as though she was ready to take on the world.

"Then get ready kid! I'll train you to be a great Marine!" the famous Vice Admiral, Garp, exclaimed proudly.

It was the dead of the night when Monkey D. Garp visited the young girl who he left at Dadan's place with his grandson. He had known of the girl's dream for a long time and decided that it was finally time for him to help her achieve it.

The girl who was 14 years old at that time, scrambled towards her belongings and gathered them hastily. She was preparing to leave and to achieve her goals. The young girl turned her head towards the two sleeping figures next to her and gazed at them longingly. Even though she was excited to follow Garp, she was also hesitant to leave her friends behind. 'I'll miss you guys...' she thought as a single tear drop slipped from her eye.

Soft shuffles were elicited from the ragged blankets, "So you're leaving huh?" the 15 year old, Portgas D. Ace asked as he wiped her tear away. He moved and sat in front of the girl, gazing at her. "Yeah..." she huffed as she forced a smile, hiding her sadness from her friend. Ace had noticed her reluctance to leave because of Luffy and him but decided to ignore it.

"Well, get going then," he said sharply.

The girl chuckled softly and replied, "Yeah... I'm leaving now," she picked up her things then stood up. She walked towards the door then turned to look at her friend, "Ace, I'll miss-"

"Don't miss me too much," he smirked, interrupting the young girl.

She stared at him for a bit, wide eyed, then smiled, "I won't."

Ace grinned then stood up and nudged her out of the room. She turned around to look at him, "Take care of Luffy, okay?" she said.

"Of course."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The creaking floor planks and the smell of wet wood lingered in her nose even after she boarded Garp's ship. She missed Dadan's house already along with her friends she left behind but she knew that this was the path she chose.

"Are you ready to become the greatest Marine in history?" Garp asked as he laughed loudly and whacked the young girl's back repeatedly. She gazed at the sea and to the stars while her pink hair fluttered with the wind, "I'm not sure about being the greatest but I'll definitely try my best!" she declared, smiling. Garp laughed, "Don't worry I'll definitely make you the greatest!"

The girl continued to look at the calm ocean while she drifted away in her thoughts.

'I hope you won't be mad at me Luffy,'

'I wonder if you'll miss me,'

'I'm sure you and Ace will become amazing pirates,'

'I'll support you from the sidelines,'

She was reluctant to leave them, that was for sure but she had something she wanted to do.

She wanted to protect.

The girl wondered if Luffy would hate her for leaving so sudenly and not informing him about her goals. She wondered if Ace would tell him. She wondered if Luffy would hate her for becoming a Marine...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's your name, recruit?"

"Irin, Ryuu D. Irin, Sir!" the young girl replied, holding up a salute.

Thus, her life as a Marine began...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Irin was an extraordinarily hardworking girl. She trained day and night, even after her colleagues had gone to bed. To her, she saw herself as weak. She was the youngest Marine enlisted into the Navy and she constantly felt awkward around others but that did not blunder her spirit.

The pinkette trained harder than any of the other rookies and spent her lunch breaks reading books about navigation as a keepsake for her late friend, Sabo.

Not long after she was enlisted, Irin quickly rose in ranks and became an Ensign at the age of 15. Many of the rookies who joined at the same time as her grew jealous of her and she was shunned by many of her colleagues so she spent her first two years as a Marine alone. Irin also rarely saw Garp because of their huge difference in ranks.

Irin rose in the Navy ranks faster than anyone in history and became a Commodore at the age 16. Around that time, she also found a devil fruit and ate it. Due to the power boost from her devil fruit she became even stronger and Garp began to train her personally. Irin eventually meets Admiral Aokiji and the two become the best of friends.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Weak! That was weak, Irin!" Garp scolded, "At this rate you won't be able to catch up to me!"

Irin panted as she yelled and charged at Garp, boosting herself with her devil fruit, throwing a punch at him. Her punch was insanely strong as it catches Garp off guard and sends him flying towards a tree.

"Ahhh!! Garp-jiisan! I'm so sorry!!!" Irin cried as she dashed towards Garp who was sitting on the ground staring at his granddaughter in shock.

The Vice Admiral, Garp, remained on the ground, shocked that he was actually sent flying, then suddenly burst out laughing, "That's my cute little granddaughter! C'mon enough training, let's go get some food!"

"But Garp-jiisan, are you okay?" Irin asked worriedly as she scanned Garp's body for any injuries, "Nonsense! It'll take another 20 years before you can hurt me!" Garp laughed.

He stood up and Irin noticed that he was indeed injured. Garp's arm was bleeding from Irin's insane punch that sent him flying. Though it was a minor injury, Irin immediately tended to his injury with her medical skills which she learned from her late mother.

"Ah, this is just a small problem! Let's go eat!" Garp exclaimed like a child.

"No, Garp-jiisan. We gotta treat your injury first before it gets an infection, okay?"

"That's just boring!" the Navy Vice Admiral protested.

"I'll get you rice crackers after this, okay?" Irin suggested as she smiles and tends to the cut on Garp's arm.

Garp smiled like a child, "Ahh, I have the best granddaughter in the world!" he declared while laughing.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ryuu D. Irin quickly caught up to Monkey D. Garp as she became a Vice Admiral at the age of 17 and from then onwards it grew extremely difficult for her to continue rising in ranks. She became famous throughout the world and was known as the 'Youngest Vice Admiral'.

Irin grew to become a beautiful young lady with pink hair and an amazing physique. Many men were attracted to her but Garp chased them all away and said "You're not good enough for my cute granddaughter!".

It was insanely hard for men to get her attention, not only was Garp very protective of her but she was also a very intimidating woman due to her looks!

Despite her intimidating beauty, Irin was a very gentle, kind and bubbly person. She got along well with her colleagues and superiors, well, all except Admiral Akainu. He despised her ideals and the way she did things so they never interacted much but whenever they did, Irin was always kind to him. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ryuu D. Irin sat by the shore on an island as she gazed at the sea, daydreaming. She had just been informed about something that she couldn't stop smiling about.

"So you've finally come to the sea huh, Luffy?"

"I wonder if you still remember me..."

"I'll protect you, I'll protect Ace and I won't lose anyone ever again because of my weakness... I'll be your protector..."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N:

Hello readers! Thank you for picking my story! This is my first ever wattpad story and fanfiction so I'm very sorry if it's not very good but I hope you guys enjoy my story! I'll try my very best to improve along the way and I hope y'all are ready because this is gonna be a long ride!

Oh yeah, I initially wanted this to be an reader insert story but I was afraid that it wouldn't be inclusive enough to be considered an reader insert story, therefore this is a OC story. However, I'll try my best to make it seem as though it's a reader insert story (by using my OC's name less and stuff) to make it more enjoyable for readers who like reader inserts, but please remember that it is still fundamentally an OC story.

Also! If anyone was wondering, my OC's name is Ryuu D. Irin and Irin is pronounced as 'ee-rin'!

Happy reading and thanks for choosing my story!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.3K 137 22
This is a modern One Piece AU. โ๐˜๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ ๐˜ค๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ ๐˜'๐˜ฎ ๐˜ด๐˜ฐ ๐˜ค๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ, ๐˜บ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต, ๐˜ด๐˜ฐ ๐˜ง๐˜ข๐˜ณ ๐˜ข๐˜ธ๐˜ข๐˜บ ๐˜ง๐˜ณ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ฎ? ๐˜•๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฐ๐˜ธ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ถ๐˜ค๏ฟฝ...
2.4K 68 13
Ryujin D. Y/N, Sea Witch, Cipher Pol Agent. A dream to live and be free~ Having her village destroyed due to Buster Call, she traded her life with t...
10.2K 381 20
โ†ณ ๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡ a girl named MEELA wants to fulfill her dream of becoming a world-renown dancer. To achieve this, she set out to the grand line at...
236K 11.4K 44
[Romance Harem Of One Piece Characters] โธปOne Piece x Witch!FemaleReader A story of a female witch who had captured the hearts of many in the midst of...