My Guy Best Friend

By parulspen

Eva works in a library and lives apart from her family. She has a bestfriend, Shawn. One day when she takes... More

Characters
The Library
The Party~ Part 1
The Party~ Part 2
Curiosity
Fired
Ryder's Feelings
Ryder Got A Mission
Shawn's Confession
Lights Out
The Confession
The Mafia World
The Talk
Shawn's Relation
Feeling Betrayed
Ryder Knows The Truth
The Plan
No More Ryder
Happily Ever After...
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter~ Reece's POV
New Book

Proposal

3 0 0
By parulspen

Love is an irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired.

~Robert Frost.

~ROSY'S POV~

After my talk with Eva, I quickly called my receptionist, Stella while walking to the meter room. "Stella, what happened to the lights?" I asked her with tension clearly resembling my tone.

"Mam, I am already in the meter room with the electrician."

"Okay, tell him to do whatever he is doing fast because my friends are inside the lift."

"Okay, mam."

"Hmm, and yeah, I am also coming there." I hung the phone and paced myself to the meter room.

"How much time are you going to take for fixing the problem." I asked the electrician while entering the room. "Only two minutes, madam."

I called Eva and said to handle Shawn for two minutes more.

I walked to the fourth floor and stand outside the lift while waiting for the lights to come.

After few minutes, lights came and door to the lift opened. I saw that both of them were on the floor. Shawn's head was on Eva's shoulder, struggling for breath, Eva's one hand was on his cheek and other one on his back pacing up and down to calm him down.

~SHAWN'S POV~

(15 minutes earlier)

When we reached on the fourth floor by the lift, everything stopped suddenly and I started panicking. Eva told me to calm down as she knew that I have claustrophobia.

"Are the lights gone." it sounded more like a statement than a question. I sat on the ground struggling for breath and Eva also came down, hugged me to calm me down.

She took my phone from my pocket and started calling Rosy which I already suspected.

Rosy told her that she will do something about the lights and I can feel that Eva was really worried for me. I put my head on her shoulder and felt her speeding heartbeat. Although, one whose heartbeat should be paced was mine but I am somewhat calmed down by seeing that she really cares for me. I know this is not the time for thinking this but neither I nor anyone has control on their hearts.

Eva was repeatedly telling me to calm down and I am really taking heavy breathes and suddenly doors of the lift opened, giving us the profile of Rosy. I quickly came out of the lift and hugged Rosy saying," Thank you so much, Rose. I thought that I was just going to die." she hugged me back," Don't be. You are my friend, Shawn and also there were literally null chances of your dying because Eva was with you and I am pretty sure that she can die for you."

I don't know what Rosy just said was true or not but I know that Eva cares for me a lot. She was so afraid inside there like I was just going to die and she can't do anything, it's like she want to protect me but was unable.

I noticed that Eva's cheeks changed their color to a light pink when Rosy said that. I side hugged her and our gazes locked, "Thank you so much, not only for today but from the very start. Thank you for always being my side." she flushed and pushed her face towards my chest to hide her flushness.

On our path to Rosy's cabin, I saw Ryder coming towards us. What is he doing here? Actually why? Oh yeah, Rosy is his sister. But I don't know why, I had a feeling that he is here for Eva and I don't want him in Eva's life after what Rosy told me on her birthday night.

When Eva saw him she whispered to me, "If I hug him now, would you be jealous." is she for real? Afcourse I will be.

Before I can say anything, she rushed towards Ryder and hugged him saying she missed him. My hands formed tight fists and jaws clenched like I am just going to kill him.

Whatever happened to my Eva, includes this guy's involvement and soon I am going tell her everything.

They both walked towards us, hand in hand. Why she is behaving like Ryder is her boyfriend? This I will definitely ask her later in our ride back.

"So, hey don't tell me that you are here for Eva." I said to Ryder and his eyes became wide as they was just going to lost their sockets. I eyed him that Eva knows everything and he turned to Eva. "What?" she said, "answer his question."

"I...um...I w-want to talk to R-Rose about something." Ryder said stuttering and Rosy made a face like she can't recognize what's happening. Ryder eyed Rosy some knowing look and she suddenly agreed with Ryder. Typical brother - sister relation.

I have a strong feeling that Ryder will going to have talk with Rosy regularly as Eva got the job here.

I think I should also talk to Rosy to give me job too.

When we all continued our path to her cabin, Eva and Ryder are walking together and I noticed that this guy was going really touchy. Seems like she forgot that I am also here. I am not going to talk to her until she tells me why she is doing this to me. I know it's the kids thing but we are best friends which means we can act like kids so, whatever.

Rosy's cabin was really big like the boss she is. It's totally furnished with an attached bathroom. A person can settle here, really. She sat on her big leather chair behind the her black wood desk. We all got settled on our side of the desk, me, Eva and Ryder was the order.

We talked a little and by we, I meant me and Rosy, Ryder and Eva were engaged in their own bullshit.

"Seems like they forgot we are here." Rosy said with a smirk.

"Not even Eva was paying attention when she came here to know what her job was about."

"Right. I think they love each other."

"It's impossible."

"See, Shawn I know you love Eva and I also know that Ryder also loves her."

"I know that he loves her but she loves me."

"She told you this?"

"N-No, no but don't you saw how much afraid she was when I got the panic attack."

"I saw but that's because you are her best friend and I can see that she really enjoys Ryder's company."

"You are saying this because you are his sister and how can you think that what you had told me that night, I will let Eva be with him."

"Yeah but that time, I don't know that Ryder has feelings."

"Whatever it is-"

"What are you two talking about, no actually fighting about?" Eva cut me in between and asked.

"N-Nothing." we both said in unison.

~EVA'S POV~

I realized that I was talking with Ryder from a very long time. I am feeling guilty that I let Shawn think that I forgot about him but that's not true, I was just trying to make him jealous but I don't know when I started loving Ryder's company.

Rosy called someone to give me a tour of the office but Ryder said, " Rose, why are you disturbing your employees from their work. I can give the tour to Eva myself."

Rose said okay and I was wondering why Shawn didn't said anything? Was he mad at me? I will talk to him later on our ride back.

"Are you enjoying my company?" Ryder asked.

"Y-Yeah."

"Umm....Eva, I know Shawn told you everything but I want to ask you what you think about me."

"Ah...Ryder, remember I told you that you were my crush?"

"Afcourse I remembered and don't forget that you were mine too."

"I lied."

"What?"

"Hey, hey, don't freak out. Let me complete. I told you that you were but you are my crush."

"Really? You are not kidding, right?"

I don't said anything but kept my gaze downward. He hold me up by my waist and started moving in circles.

"Ryder, stop. Put me down. Ryder!" I shouted though I am enjoying too.

He put me down and hugged me. "Today is the best day of my life." he said and his warm breath fanning the crook of my neck.

Thank you so much for reading.

Next chapter will be up soon. Love ya all❤❤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9K 124 31
I'm battling with myself. I have been going through a lot. I have been getting hurt more often and caught myself crying, and losing people. Everythin...
1.1K 173 25
leyla and Hayal grew up together. They did everything single thing together. Is that type of best friend you see as soulmate, a friend you see as a s...
104 1 23
Eva returns home from camp and faces the truth of what she did. Along the way, she faces her abusive ex-boyfriend and proves how strong she is. She l...
Poisonous By Sierra Cash

General Fiction

59 3 24
Nikki Masters...a beautiful and diligent woman. Stuck living out her father's dream. But when tragedy strikes her family, everything is spun into cha...