A Million Lifetimes {Portgas...

By fireflykaizoku

If I could live a million lifetimes, I would find you and choose you in each one of them. More

New Crew Member
Missions and Lucky Charms
Celebrations and Confessions
"First" Date
Your Flashback
Stormy Nights
Stay
Letters
After the war, another lifetime
Making New Friends
Tarot Cards
A Million Lifetimes

Marineford

1.4K 52 14
By fireflykaizoku

You spent the next few days focusing on recovering. You didn't want to be sick, you wanted to fight. Marco helped giving some medicines and forcing you to rest.

You knew very well that you needed to sleep, but you had nightmares most of the time, and the anguish didn't leave your side. You looked at the lucky charm he gave you, and sighed.

— I promise we'll get you back, fire boy. — you whispered to yourself. — Please, hang on tight.

Now you were on your way to Marineford. Pops argued, but he knew he couldn't stop you from going to the war. You felt slightly better anyway. Not great, but you could handle a fight.

The Moby Dick and two other ships were coated, so you were underwater, coming from where the marines least expected it. When the three ships emerged, less than three hours before Ace's execution, you looked back and spotted many subordinated crews too, 43 total. But seeing all the marines, admirals and the shichibukais made you uneasy. You've never seen something like that before.

Izo put a hand on your shoulder, reassuring you with a smile. He gave you a determined look.

— We got this. Don't worry. — he whispered. — And stay next to us, you're still sick, so if anything happens, we can help you. Ok?

You nodded.

Izo was quiet compared to the others, and he has a calm nature, but he was still one of the most important people in your life. He was the one who trained you. While you don't know how to use swords nor has an akuma no mi power, you became an amazing sniper. Not as good as him yet, but almost.

When you squinted your eyes, you saw Ace kneeling on the execution platform. Your heart clenched and you felt sick. Seeing him there made everything feel real. He was actually there, and things were about to get serious.

You didn't care how many enemies you had to kill at that moment, you didn't care about all the danger and risks you were taking. You would get him back no matter what.

Many things after that were a blur. You remember attacking so many marines, you remember the screaming, the blood, Ace screaming for you to back off. The next thing you remember, it was the moment you snapped back to reality. It was when a boy fell from the sky with some other people. It was the most unusual thing you've seen during that war.

When you took a better look, you recognized him from the poster. The wanted poster that Ace proudly showed you. That was Monkey D. Luffy, his younger brother. He spent a few minutes talking to your captain. Apparently, he informed Newgate about the marines saying they'd execute Ace earlier than the planned.

The younger brother did everything to go save Ace, while the rest of you helped. Jinbe, Ivankov, Boa Hancock, the rest of the Whitebeard allies and Buggy. Seemed like it wouldn't take long for the war to be over. It felt like the happy ending was so close, until the pacifistas attacked the other crews.

Another coward move from the admirals. Of course they wouldn't attack the crew, they would attack the subordinate crews, a strategy to make it look like Whitebeard made a deal with the marines. That, and Akainu spreading rumors and lies in order to make things turn against pops. It worked at first, since Squard, from the Maelstrom Spider pirates believed everything, and blind by the rage stabbed Newgate.

To make the story short, Luffy was able to reach the execution platform, that started to collapse, and seeing him getting Ace, freeing your boyfriend from his handcuffs made your heart fill with joy.

However, Whitebeard wouldn't be able to make it, he was severely injured. You and the others wanted to stay, fight with him, try to save him. But the older man wanted everyone to leave Marine Headquarters safely.

You ran with Ace and Luffy towards a ship. It was a mix of relief and guilt for leaving Newgate there. But it was captain orders after all.

— I told you I'd be back, didn't I, firefly? — the freckled boy said, helping you run but still with his smile.

— You always keep your promises, fire boy. — you smiled back.

That's when Akainu started to talk about pops. Saying how he was a loser, that he was weak. He knew it'd get into Ace's skin. He knew it'd make him turn back. He knew one of the things Ace couldn't stand, was someone, especially an admiral, talking about the man who became his father figure.

— Ace, leave it! He's doing it on purpose! — you screamed, trying to pull him. — Let's go!

— He is trying to make us stop! Let's ignore him and keep going! — one of the guys screamed.

Everyone was trying to make him ignore Akainu, but it was no use. Being the stubborn and hotheaded boy he was, he ignored all pleads and went to fight Akainu. You don't blame him. How could he ignore someone offending the man who treated Ace like his own son and gave him a reason to live?

You didn't even have time to get angry when you saw Luffy trying to run, only to drop Ace's vivre card. When the young boy, already feeling very weak, fell, trying to grab the piece of paper, he became the admiral's target. The older man went to attack the boy, but Ace stood in front of him. When you realized what happened, seeing that scene right in front of you, you ran towards them.

At first, your intention was to attack the marine, but your boyfriend was more important at the moment. You needed to see if he was badly injured. You had no idea of how bad it actually was.

Maybe Marco could help him after he got rid of the kairoseki handcuffs. If they hurried up, they could save the second commander.

Meanwhile, Ace's vivre card started to burn again, getting smaller and smaller each second that passed.Everyone knew they couldn't help Ace. Akainu's fist went straight through the man's torso, burning his insides.

The freckled boy fell, holding you and Luffy, who was with eyes wide open, still in shock. Ace knew he didn't have much time left. He just wanted to hold the two people he loved the most.

— Hey, Ace. You're going to be okay, right? Let's go, we need to treat your wounds. — Luffy said, but when he saw his hand, that was previously holding his brother's back, you two saw all the blood. You widened your eyes at the sight

— I'm so sorry. — his voice was already so weak. — You two took all this risk, did all those crazy stuff because of me. But I couldn't be saved.

— Don't say such nonsense! — you replied. — We're going to save you. — you looked at all the members of the different crews. — Please, someone do something!

One of the members, who apparently was a doctor, even hurried to help, but was speechless when he saw that large wound. The boy with the strawhat begged Ivankov to do something, asking to help like he helped Luffy at Impel Down, but there was nothing that could help.

— There's nothing they can do. — the older raven haired boy said. He seemed so at peace, accepting his fate. But neither you and Luffy wanted to deal with it. — My time has come.

— No! You promised! You promised you wouldn't leave. You promised you would always come back. — you started crying like you never cried before.

— You promised you wouldn't die. — his brother completed.

— I probably wouldn't even want to live if it weren't for Sabo and the two of you. — he ignored all the cries, all the pleads. — Oh, and if you ever see Dadan again, say hi for me. Now that I'm facing my own death, even her name makes me cry.

— Stop that! You're not going to die! — Luffy screamed.

— My only regret... — he continued. — Is not being able to see you fulfill your dream, Luffy. And marry you, like I said I would, (Y/N). But Luffy, I know you can be the pirate king. You're my brother after all; And firefly, I want you to be happy and find someone who can love you as much as I do.

Now, you know that his younger brother could be the pirate king. From what you saw that day, you were sure he'd be stronger and stronger. But you? You knew you could never find someone who could love you like he did. You would never want to be with anybody else anyway.

— I can't say it louder for everyone to hear anymore. But can you please tell them what I'm about to say? Tell pops, everybody, and you two, Luffy and (Y/N)... — he took a deep breath. — Thank you for loving me.

With that, the person you loved the most, your soulmate and best friend passed away in your arms. He looked so at peace, but the pain was so unbearable your mind went blank, and you don't remember what happened after that. You don't know if you passed out or if your mind couldn't handle the trauma and just erased the memories.

The next thing you remember was seeing Marco. Looking around you noticed you were at the infirmary, feeling pain all over your limbs. Feels like after all your adrenaline, your body felt everything at once.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

65.3K 3.3K 23
Soulmate AU! Reader x Luffy --- Hey, I caught you! -M.D.L. Um... Yeah. You did, you caught me. Thanks. -(Y/I).
392K 13.1K 94
So, here's the deal. My life was the worst. I had no friends, No family, and no one on the planet earth had a nice though towards me. I have no idea...
366K 12.9K 79
Portgas D. Ace x [Female] Reader ••• Wanted for something you couldn't control. Something you were born with. At the age of 6, your village was raide...
110K 1.6K 33
Just some oneshots of our favorite Soul Eater characters and ships.