Taking The World By Storm

By Secrets33

This story takes place roughly 5 years after the war with Gaea (If you have yet to read book one of this seri... More

Preface
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
NOT A CHAPTER BUT IMPORTANT
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Last Words
I'm Back.
Last Little Thing I Promise!
I Lied, One More Thing.

Chapter 13

1.2K 37 72
By Secrets33

Piper

I knew the second Jason got home, that he was going down there. It was something in the air. Something was off. I couldn't face him. I asked when and for how long, he was honest, which I appreciated but some part of me wished he had lied.

Of course, he has done this sort of thing before, leave on some death defying adventure but he always came back, the problem was, this time, there was a very real possibility that he wouldn't.

I wanted to be selfish, I had always been kind and giving to others, putting their needs above my own but for the first time in a long time, I wanted for the whole world to die so I could spare him. It was terrible and I am terrible but I needed him. I needed Jason.

Jason still had his arms wrapped around me, trying to comfort me as he rubbed circles on my back. I tried to control myself, not think about it to much so my stupid disease wouldn't make me pass out again.

I didn't cry, I didn't speak I just breathed him in, I let him calm me down.

Finally, Jason spoke. He pulled away and took my head in his hands. "We may only have two days but that's 48 hours of you and me together. We can spend it anyway you want" he said with a smile.

I grinned and kissed his lips softly. "Anything?" I asked in a coy voice. Jason kissed me again. "Anything" he said with a grin.

_______________

Jason

The next morning, I went downstairs, fixed us some breakfast and crawled right back into bed with my beautiful wife.

Piper was stuffing her face with cinnamon rolls and eggs. I smiled as I watched her eat. She was just so cute. Eventually she noticed me staring and began eating a little more "lady-like" but to be honest, the pig eating was much cuter.

"So, Annabeth is coming over later to drop off some of her old baby crap so we won't have to buy as much and Leo is coming to set up the baby room" said Annabeth.

I frowned. "I can set up the baby room, it's just painting and putting together a crib" I said. Piper sighed, "You need to go to camp to prepare for your, you know, departure" she said quietly.

There was an awkward silence between the two of us for a long time. I knew Piper didn't want me to go but I had too, it's my job to protect my son and of this is what I have to do, than by gods, I'm going to do it.

I took Piper's hand and squeezed it gently. "There is no way I'm leaving your side for the next 2 days" I said. Piper looked up at me with sad eyes. "You need to prepare" she said. "The only thing I need is to be with you" I said.

Piper shook her head. "No, Percy is setting up a class for those who will be going down there to prepare them in a few hours. The more prepared you are, the better chance you have of making it out of there" she said.

I could see the tears brimming in her eyes. I felt her getting more stressed by the second and I needed to calm her down. I simply nodded.

"Fine, I'll go but I'm coming right back so we can continue with last nights festivities" I said wiggling my eyebrows in a lame attempt to lighten the mood. Luckily, Piper is incredibly horny while pregnant so this calmed her down real quick.

Eventually, I did have to leave. I got into all of my practice gear and headed out.

When I got to the camp, Percy and Reyna were already there in the "pit".

Percy stood in the center, he obviously wasn't happy about going back down there but he knew that having him down there with us was our best bet of getting out of there. I knew Annabeth in particular didn't want Percy down there because he may relapse but Percy was not about to let Annabeth go down there.

Nico had shadow travelled everyone back to camp late last night. I was happy to have Reyna back but not under these circumstances. Reyna of course, stood alone in the corner so I walked over.

"Hey" I said with a smile. Reyna nodded politely, acknowledging my presence. Percy came over as well.

"Do you know if Chris is coming?" he asked. I shook my head as did Reyna. Percy nodded "I'll wait a few more minutes before I start then" he said softly.

"Jason" said Reyna quietly. I looked up. "Do you trust Chris?" She asked. I thought for a moment. "No, but I think he is valuable and we are going to need him" I said. Reyna nodded, obviously in deep thought.

"Why do you ask?" I said. "No reason, um, I'm sorry but I have to skip this, I need to talk to Chiron" she said before she turned to leave. I grabbed her arm and her body stiffened. Instantly, I let go. "Why? Where are you going?" I exclaimed. "It's nothing, just something I remembered" she called as she ran off. I scoffed, just like old times.

Percy sighed "I guess its just you and me then". Just then, we heard footsteps coming towards us. I turned and saw Chris.

"Chiron sent me" he said panting. "There has been an attack by the strawberry fields, more monsters are in pursuit, all the campers are out in the city for a field trip, they need help" he said.

I looked at Percy who already had his sword drawn. I took off into the sky, straight to the fields. It was less than 30 seconds before I reached there. Several nasty looking furies were circling a group of kids, no older than 8 who were picking strawberries.

"Hey!" I screamed as I whirled my sword about. "Why don't you pick on someone your own size" I yelled. The furies turned to me. "Son of Jupiter, what a surprise!" the small one hissed. I looked down at the kids and saw Chris (who got here unusually quickly) leading them to the big house.

"Why have you come here?" I announced, sounding as brave as I possiibly could. "I think you know" sneered the big one. Suddenly, the three lunged at me. I deflected one and hit ones wing. The furie went down and landed hard on the ground wrecking several lovely looking plants.

I saw Percy from the corner of my sprint to the grounded furie to finish it off. I turned my attention back to the rest of them. There were 3 left and they had me surrounded. I knew that I would never win this if I attacked first, I needed them to play offense.

"Well come on then, show me what you're made off" I shouted. The small one growled then flew right at me. At the last second, I threw my sword and it pierced it in the chest, causing the beast to crumple in to dust and blow away in the wind.

Before I could even react, the next one attacked and landed on my back, sending us straight towards the ground. I summoned all the power I had into the wind and we stopped seconds before hitting the ground. I pushed off and rocketed us high into the sky.

Suddenly, 5 more furies came out of nowhere. I was surrounded, weaponless, and at this hieght, if I fell, I would certainly die. I kicked as hard as I could at the furie that was still attached to me, sending it tumbling into another but they quickly readjusted.

"Stupid boy, you're dead" the fat one snarled. "Not yet!" cried a voice. I whirled around and saw Chris with duo swords. He wore the same armor he did the first day I saw him, with two curved swords in his hands as well as a dagger strapped to his side. His hair longish hair blew in the wind. He looked like the fricking Prince of Persia. The crazy part about all of this was, he was flying.

"Yo Jason" he called as he tossed one of his weird pirate swords to me. I caught it and faced the furies. I lunged towards two of them, slicing through one and cutting deep into the flesh of another. I turned around and stabbed right through the next. '3 down, 5 more to go' I thought but when I turned around, I saw there was no need for my help at all.

Chris was a machine. It was like a dance, one full motion as he followed through with every move. He was clearly a very advanced fighter. The odd thing was, he used my style of fighting, he had perfected it.

Once he took down the last one, he looked up and saw me. Casually, he glided over and before I could say anything, he took the sword right from my hands and strapped it back in its case on his back.

"Are you alright?" he asked, not looking me in the eyes. "Um, yeah, I'm fine. Since when did you fly?" I asked moving towards him. He turned away. "We should see if Percy needs our help" he said as he began his descent.

"Now hold on" I sad grabbing his arm. Chris stiffened and practically turned to stone. "Who is your godly parent?" I asked lossening my grip on him. He shook off my hand. "Don't touch me" he muttered before he shot down to the ground, leaving me alone in the sky.

When I landed, Percy was fine. The kids from the field were safely back in their cabins and all was well. I looked for Chris but he was gone.

"Well, my lesson on Tartarus is shot" grumbled Percy as we walked to the Big House to find Chiron and tell him what happened. "Sorry dude, monsters tend to do that" I said with a smile. Percy groaned. "Monsters are stupid". "Damn straight" I replied.

After telling Chiron everything, including the flying bit, he wasn't in the least bit surprised. "Who is his godly parent?" I asked, curious to know who else can give their kids the power to fly other than Zues/Jupiter. Maybe Hermes, but its rare.

"Thats not realy mine to tell, there could be a reason he is keeping it a secret" said Chiron softly. I shook my head. "No, its just his parent, there is nothing important about it, I just want to know exactly what this kid is capable of" I said.

Chiron scoffed. "Trust me, he is plenty capable of a lot of things. Try not to pressure him much Jason, he already has the fate of the world on his shoulders, lets not add to that" he said calmly.

I just nodded. "Fine, I need to get home, Piper might loose it if I don't" I said before leaving.

***Short chapter. Sorry, not sorry. So, Chris can fly and do all sorts of crazy shit with swords, anxious to see whats next for our characters bc I am. Incase you haven't noticed, I am totally making this up as I go, which explains a lot of the plot holes. If I wasn't so damn lazy, this would probably be a lot better but idc. Anywho, as always, thanks for reading and I love you little demigods -Izzy

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.8K 55 20
Join Percy and Annabeth as they have a normal life after the wars. They get married, have kids, and live in Camp Half-Blood. They also become accusto...
61.1K 470 20
Prequel to "Of New Life" in which Percy and Annabeth enjoy the end of the war and move forward with life. Together, they finally settle down together...
28.7K 345 10
Ok, so heads up, this is going to be a Pipercy story I'm going to merge two of my favorite types of stories; demigods in high school, and a Percy Jac...
656K 16.2K 57
Y/N has survived 10 years alone on the run from monsters. It's a wonder how she was able to defend herself for such a long time. But eventually, the...