I'll Hold On

By Luna_Zenith

We never want to undergo the same kind of pain and hurt in our lives. We have felt it once, and we never want... More

PROLOGUE
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPYER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44
CHAPTER 45
CHAPTER 46
CHAPTER 47
CHAPTER 48
CHAPTER 49
CHAPTER 50
CHAPTER 51
CHAPTER 52
CHAPTER 53
CHAPTER 54
CHAPTER 55

CHAPTER 39

686 55 12
By Luna_Zenith

'Congratulations, Shazra!!' Rayna wished her friend as she and Afina went on stage to wish her. Rayna and Afina were dressed in the Gharara they had purchased with their better halfs, 'Thank you, girls. So happy you could make it.' Shazra thanked them, 'How could we not? The amount of times you've helped us during our exams dragged us here.' Afina joked, 'It was vice versa.' Shazra added laughing along with the girls.

'Just a heads up..' Shazra whispered to them, '...Aayat has come.' Afina immediately scrunched her nose in annoyance while Rayna just sucked her lips in, 'Why did you invite her?' Afina asked, 'I had invited our entire class. And for your information Afina, she is part of our class.' Shazra explained, 'Unfortunately.' Afina added and Rayna pinched her, 'Ouch! Don't make me the bad person here.' Afina told Rayna, 'And you don't be all goody. Remember how she always mocked you indirectly for under going a surgery.' Afina reminded her.

'Oh yes! After that, almost the entire class was irritated by her.' Shazra told, 'I get it Rayna has a weak immunity but mocking it almost everytime.' Afina growled, 'She was lucky I didn't kill her that day. Ugh!! I still get so pissed thinking about it.' Rayna soothed Afina's back to calm her down but even Rayna felt a tad bit murderous at the remembrance of that day.

Flashback

'Hey, Rayna. I heard your parents are lookkng for an alliance for you?' Seema asked. Rayna was shocked and she immediately glanced at Afina who looked away immediately.

This girl!
Nothing stays in her belly!

Rayna looked back at anticipating Seema, Shazra and Devi. Rayna nervously laughed before saying, 'Yeah, but nothing has been confirmed yet.' 'Oh, don't worry. Your prince charming will come for you soon.' Devi joked, 'Yes, and on a white horse.' Shazra added doing horse riding movements. Rayna couldn't help but feel extremely shy and embarrassed, 'Oh look, the hopeless romantic is getting pink.' Seema teased as Rayna hid her face in the bag on her lap and the girls laughed at her.

'What's all the fun about?' They heard the voice of Aayat. The girls looked up from their seats at her, 'I was just passing by to get some air and couldn't ignore the fun on this table.' Aayat said in a monotonous voice. The girls looked among eachother as Devi replied, 'Oh nothing much. Just teasing Rayna.' 'About what?' She asked again, giving Rayna a straight smile, 'Get a hint when people don't want to say anything.' Afina whispered next to Rayna but Rayna slapped her thigh, unnoticed by others.

'Uhh...Rayna's family is looking for an alliance for her. That's why we were teasing her.' Seema said and Afina glared at her to which Seema just mouthed, 'What?' 'Oh really.' Came an over excited voice. Rayna looked up at Aayat and she felt like a prey under her gaze, 'So, has anyone been confirmed yet?' She asked Rayna with her sugar coated smile. Rayna sat straight as she replied, 'Uh, Not yet. My parents are still looking.'

'Still looking? But for your beauty and brains anyone would be ready to say yes.' Aayat said and Rayna just nodded her head smiling, 'Oh wait, Maybe you might have got rejected but your parents hid it from you.' Aayat says with fake surprise in her voice, 'But why would anyone reject you? You are so beautiful, innocent and intelligent. I wonder why?' Aayat made a thinking face. Now, everyone wanted Aayat gone as soon as possible.

'Oh yes!' Aayat stamped her hand, 'Maybe because of that big scar on your chest.' She said and Rayna's blunt smile also dropped, 'You know, the one that is permanently left on your chest after your surgery.' Aayat pointed out and Afina was about to give her a piece of her mind but Rayna held her hand, 'You know, I heard that the Halwai across my house also is looking for someone for his son. Should I send him your alliance?' Aayat asked, mockingly.

Rayna smiled at her a genuine smile and said, 'Sure. I'll send you my mother's number, you can forward the details to her.' Aayat's smile dropped, 'What?' She asked, 'Yeah, if the alliance is nice, my parents will take it forward.' Rayna explained as she pulled out her mobile, 'You are okay marrying a Halwai's son?' Aayat asked, 'What's the problem in that?' Rayna asked, 'I mean, he is the son of a man who makes and sells sweets for a living.' Aayat explained, 'So?' Rayna asked, 'I mean, the money he makes out of sweets is what he lives on, and so will his son.' Aayat explained more, 'Your point is?' Rayna asked still not getting her point.

'He is an Halwai's son! That's my point.' Aayat was close to an outburst, 'Still not getting your point.' Rayna said, unaffected, 'I mean, UGH!' Aayat grunted and walked away, 'I've sent you my mothers number.' Rayna yelled as she left, 'I hope she chokes on the air she has gone to get.' Afina said as they all laughed in.

Present

'I wonder why she didn't send me the alliance though.' Rayna told them, 'Jokes on her, Thinking that marrying a man who sells sweets is a minus point. In fact, it is the biggest plus. Sweets free for life, what more do you want?' Afina said, and the girls laughed, 'God knows, when she will change her mind set.' Shazra added and the girls sighed, 'I heard that she got married to a General Manager of the top most leading company. She has been flaunting her status and money since then.' Shazra said, 'Aye, you still gossiping at your wedding? Not cool!' Rayna said, sarcastically as the girls laughed.

After haveing their meal, the girls were about to leave when they heard a voice stop them, 'Please don't be her, Please don't be her, please don't be her...' Afina kept chanting as she and Rayna turned around to the voice, 'Hi, Aayat.' Rayna said, 'Dammit!' Afina said under her breath. Aayat walked up to them dressed extravagantly, 'Did she get married today or something?' Afina commented, but Rayna shushed her, 'It's so nice to see you two. You both look lovely.' She said praising them in her monotonous voice, 'Thank you. You look lovely aswell.' Rayna complimented her, 'Praising to be praised back, snake!' Afina said, yet again, under her breath.

'Oh thank you. This was an extremely limited edition dress, but you know my husband loves to pamper me with costly gifts. Eventhough I was against it, he bought not just one but so many branded and expensive gifts for me.' Aayat said as she touched her earing with the hand that had a big ring and many bangles. Rayna and Afina just smiled and nodded at her, 'Another word from her mouth and my fake smile is going to drop.' Afina whispered enough for Rayna to hear.

'You know my husband, Javed Ahmed. He is the General Manager at Zafar Tradings, you know, that Billion dollar company.' Aayat said and Afina's smile dropped for a second but later came out with a big blow, 'This going to be my only favourite conversation with her.' Afina said, 'And my husband is also close with people at Hussain Inc. cause both the company CEO's are besties.' And Afina's smile grew 10 folds more, if that was possible, 'Oh, By the way, Really sorry Rayna I couldn't make it to your wedding. I was on my honeymoom in Thailand. I also heard that you got engaged Afina, congratulations you two. Tell me something about them.'

Rayna was about to speak up when Afina joined in, first time since they met, 'Oh, Let me. You know, our better half's are besties just like us. Aahil Zafar and Lutfi Hussain.' Afina said and watched as Aayat's smile slowly drowned, 'What?' She said, almost inaudible, 'Oh, You know...' Afina began, speaking like Aayat, '... The CEO of Zafar International's, who also owns Zafar tradings your husband works at. Yeah, he is Rayna's husband, Zafar Tradings is just one of the small companies in his big ventures.' Afina was really enjoying this.

'And you know, the company people your husband is close with, Hussain Inc. Let me tell you, I am really close with their CEO. Yeah, he is my would be.' Afina said and acted shy. Rayna was trying so hard to not react to the hilarious show right now, 'If you ever have a problem with your husbands work or related, let us know. We'll speak to Our Husband's, Okay?' Afina said as they watched Aayat who had gone cold and pale.

Just then, Rayna's mobile rang. She looked at it to see Aahil calling, 'Oh look. It's Rayna's husband, Aahil Zafar. He must be worried, cause we told him Rayna will be home soon. Just how much he pampers Rayna is unbelievable. He even took her to Switzerland for their Honeymoon. How lovely, right?' Afina had never enjoyed attending a wedding so much, 'We should be leaving now. Tell your husband we said Hello.' Afina said and turned around with Rayna waving goodbye and walked out.

Afina was laughing hysterically as they went to their cars, 'Oh My God! I just loved every single bit of this wedding.' Rayna shook her head at her friend but couldn't deny that it was fun, 'Why did Aahil call?' Afina calms a bit down and asks. That's when it striked Rayna that she didn't pick up, 'I didn't pick up.' She said, Guilty, 'Call him back then.' Afina says and as Rayna was about to call, Aahil had already called her again. She picks up the call, 'Hello.' 'Where are you?' He asked immediately, 'At my friends wedding, I told you in the morning, right?' 'So, you haven't left yet?' Aahil asks her, 'No.' She replies, 'Is everything alright, Aahil?' Rayna asks worried.

'No, I need to see you right now.' He tells her as she hears him panting, 'Why is your breath like that? Aahil, Are you sick?' Rayna get's worried, 'I'm on my way. Meet me at the signal of the Junction, Now.' Aahil says and cuts the call, 'I need to leave. I'll call you.' Rayna informs Afina as she gets in the car and the driver drives. As they were nearing the junction, they encountered a huge traffic jam. Rayna looked at her watch and stared ahead worried.

Ya Allah, please keep Aahil safe.

The vehicles were moving forward on a slow pace but would soon stop in the jam. Rayna was looking around worried when across the street, she saw a man standing out of his car and looking ahead eagerly, it was Aahil. Rayna got down as well and called out to him, loud. Aahil looked towards the voice that called him to see Rayna waving at him. They were apart by 5 to 6 cars. Rayna saw Aahil give her a full blown smile and Rayna couldn't help smiling to that. Aahil motioned for Rayna to meet him at the crossing as they both started running to it.

They both kept glancing at eachother from time to time as they ran forward to meet each other. An unknown excitement and adrenaline was pumping inside Rayna and she loved the feeling. They both soon stood facing eachother, panting hard. Just when they were about to cross, the traffic cleared and the vehicles started moving. They both stared at eachother from across the streets and Rayna noticed happines, excitement, bliss and love? in Aahil's eyes.

The red signal lit and Rayna began walking towards Aahil, staring into his emotion filled eyes. They were both so lost in each other that they didn't hear the screeching tyres. In a matter of mere seconds, Rayna felt an impact but before she could register anything, her eyes closed.

Huh?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

223K 11.2K 27
A split second can change your life. Every second you live, every second you chose to live later and every second you wasted can all change your life...
62.5K 7.4K 59
Arna braced herself for the worst when she agreed to the marriage, but her husband surprised her by becoming the best she'd ever known. Despite her c...
84.9K 2.6K 12
#1 in Short-story "Arnav, I love you so much... Please never Break my heart... Or else I won't be able to heal it again... I just can't even think...
24.2K 345 5
Hey Wattys! This Story is just because I wanted to try something romantic and I don't think that long stories would be helpful! Would it ? So yes! Th...