Kraving Kovacs (Vexing Vamp #...

By nikkilarousse

A MEETING ON A VACATION Gabriel Kovacs was so tired that he decided to go on a vacation with his beloved cous... More

Author's NOTE
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26

Chapter 19

2 0 0
By nikkilarousse

AS A precaution, Gabriel and Aaron had to take some medication to surpass their Blue Blood abilities, thanks to Alina's friend, Dr. Honchar who developed the serum. She planned to use it on Alina's child if she was ever pregnant but that will have to wait until Gabriel and Aaron got the first dibs on the first batch.

They were to report what was the pros and cons of the serum so that Dr. Honchar can improve the serum so that it can be used on a child later on.

Gabriel went inside the lab as he was looking for the plan that he had been dying to make a move but afraid there was a suspicion among the researchers that there was some animal that running amok among these walls. Not that they did know about these animals' true nature or whatnot.

Gabriel sighed as he was pushing some serum into the syringe before putting it inside his vein to administer the serum through his blood. He was aching in pain but Gabriel had to subdue the effect of the Demon that I was born with inside him.

Only his own cousin knew as Aaron was one of them as well.

After the serum was transferred into his blood, Gabriel pulled the syringe out, feeling the effect immediately. His Darker Side was not raking at him anymore for being far away from his mate. He sighed deeply.

"Blestem," Gabriel said quietly, looking at the ceiling as he was disposing the syringe into the sanitary so that other researchers will not be suspicious of him and what he did in his day-offs in the lab.

To be frank, Gabriel mostly looked at Bianca as she was the only thing that hooked him to the Known World right now.

Gabriel licked his lips as he closed his eyes, thinking of the move that he will be doing later to get Bianca out of there. "Hold on, my love. I will get you out of here," he said as Gabriel was sleepy because of the serum that he took. Later, without knowing it, he has fallen asleep in front of the live feed of Bianca's room on his laptop screen again.

*****

Bianca was tossing and turning as she was feeling anxious to get out of there, the dream that was playing behind her eyes as she was looking at the scenery that she felt like she should know but she forgot where. She didn't know what was happening right now but her mind was hazy.

There were screams and people were running.

Bianca was breathing heavily when she saw that scenery again. It was in a quaint village that she felt like she had ever been there before. She was lost amongst the darkness of those pine forests but there was a warmth there. She didn't know what, where, or who.

All Bianca knew was that she craved that warmth for that was the only thing that kept her alive right now, not giving into the darkness that was stirring inside her.

"No...No, no. My love!" Bianca shouted as she was screaming, seeing the scenery again. There was a big fire, burning bright yellow and red, in the forest and she was running toward it. She didn't know why she did, but Bianca knew she just had to.

"No, don't die. Please," she begged as Bianca was looking at the warmth that she felt like she could not let go of it. She was tossing and turning on the bed again. Sweats pooled on her neck and forehead as Bianca felt something cool and damp on those areas.

Then, she felt someone was shaking her shoulders.

"Wake up, Bianca. Wake up, my love," a familiar voice was calling her as Bianca opened her eyes, looking everywhere around the unfamiliar pine forest. There was fire around her and she didn't know if she could escape from this lucid dream that she had right now.

"Come to me, my love. I'm here. Just wake up," that familiar voice soothed her, and before Bianca knew it, the dream ended.

She tried to open her eyes as she felt the sunlight was hitting her face. She didn't know if it was real or fake, but she had to believe that the figure in front of her right now, was the one that damped the towel and wiped her face. Gabriel's face was relieved to see that she was awake.

"Bianca, thank goodness you're awake. You gave me quite a fright," her husband said as he was looking at her before Gabriel put the towel away and hugged Bianca. She felt the warmth that she was looking for in her dream before her throat was parched.

"Thirsty," she said, her voice was hoarse. Gabriel released her before he took the pitcher on the night table and poured some water into a glass for her. Then, he gave it to her. Bianca smiled as she took the glass and drank it in seconds.

Gabriel was soothing her back. "Here, easy now," he said as she was sipping on the water and she wanted more. The blandness of the water cannot control Bianca's thirst. I need more. I need something that's not water, she thought as Bianca turned to look at her husband before Gabriel was staring at her. Her husband seemed to understand what she was conveying as he shook his head.

"No, Bianca, control. You don't want to lose control," Gabriel whispered to her before she felt something on her neck. Bianca knew that she was being injected with something again, like that blurry night when the fire was surrounding her. She looked at her husband as Gabriel was pushing the substance into her using a syringe.

His blue eyes were shining under the dim light of the room as if he did not want to hurt her. But Bianca knew that her husband had to as Gabriel was caressing her cheek. "Just so that they will not suspect you, my love. I promise you I will get you out of here as soon as I can," he said quietly as my eyes were heavy, the effect of the substance that made her feel sleepy again. Gabriel laid her down on the mattress as she was gripping his shirt. He smiled weakly.

"Just a few more steps. Then, we will be out of here, my love," he said as I looked at him. His face was blurry in front of me and sleep was claiming me once more.

*****

Gabriel was rubbing his face when he was reading Bianca's health chart. The craving should have not appeared before she went into her first kill.

This is something else and I know that only he can answer this, he thought as he knew that his cousin would be mocking him later. Gabriel sighed as he was rubbing his dry mouth as he was standing outside of Aaron's office. He knocked on it before he changed could mind.

"What?!" His cousin shouted as Aaron opened to door. Gabriel rolled his eyes as he walked past his cousin into his lab. It was past midnight but he knew that Aaron rarely slept, considering that their Darker Sides made sure of that for they were the creature of the night.

"Oh, it's you. Come on in but apparently, you made this lab as your own," he said, looking at Gabriel as Aaron closed the door. He was sighing before Gabriel took a seat and Aaron was grabbing two packs of blood. He stored it in the fridge's secret compartment that his cousin rigged before handing one to Gabriel.

"Here," Aaron said, taking the seat across from Gabriel before he was punching a metal straw into the blood pack and drank it. Gabriel did the same as his cousin, feeling the craving tonight was strong, considering that Gabriel has been skipping some of his meals.

He took a slurp as the taste exploded on his tongue. His vision was turning to black, grey, and white before Gabriel closed his eyes, controlling his Darker Side as Aaron was clearing his throat.

"So, how was she?" his cousin asked, throwing the blood pack out that he emptied in seconds into a specific trash bin. Gabriel slurped the blood again until it emptied out, sighing as he threw the pack in there as well. The meals that he took at the cafeteria of the facility had been eating him from the inside since there was no blood sustenance to process the food.

His craving was getting stronger as the days went by, not to mention that his Darker Side wanted his mate close by, and Gabriel did not know how to control the craving anymore. Only the serum developed by the Slavic doctor helped him to function like a normal human being as long as he took it on time.

As if Gabriel and his cousin were normal anymore.

Gabriel was looking at the chart that he was holding, showing it to his cousin. "She was hallucinating. I don't know what to do and I can only give her more doses to control her Darker Side's hunger. We need to get out of here now, coz," he said, staring at Aaron. His cousin was deep in thoughts, looking at Bianca's health chart before he snapped his green eyes to Gabriel's.

Aaron arched his eyebrow. "Have you been noticing something strange in Bianca's craving level?" he asked, showing Gabriel what he was talking about, and when Gabriel did not answer him, Aaron stood up.

"Bloody hell!" he said, pacing back and forth as he was turning the pages of Bianca's health chart. Then, he was looking at his cousin as Gabriel was spreading his arms wide.

"I tried to control it with the serum but it won't work. I don't know why. Maybe she's too new and strong for the serum to overcome her craving," Gabriel said as he stood up as well when Aaron was rubbing his mouth. He sighed before Aaron stopped in front of him, gripping his arms as he shook Gabriel.

"Have you done it?" Aaron asked. Gabriel arched his eyebrows at his cousin. Aaron tsked as he shook Gabriel again, harder this time. "Don't play dumb, you bastard!"

Gabriel grimaced. "What do you mean?" he asked his cousin. Aaron tsked again as he was looking at his cousin menacingly.

"You have sex with her, right?" Aaron asked him before Gabriel felt the blood was heating on his face. As if he would ever tell his cousin that he has been intimated with his mate. It was none of Aaron's business anyway!

"That was very personal, you know!" Gabriel exclaimed before Aaron laughed at him. His cousin shook his head before he sighed, nodding as Aaron closed the health chart as if he had figured out what was wrong with Bianca.

His cousin smiled. "Now I know why. She craved that. You have been giving a taste of the sex and now she wants more. It can be only blood or sex that she craves, spiking her hunger to this degree," Aaron concluded as Gabriel was grimacing at his cousin.

"You do know well that I cannot have sex with her in this stupid facility. We have to make our move now," he hissed at his cousin before Aaron was looking at the board that so many pictures and coding were pinned together with a red string to a single point.

Only Aaron and Gabriel can read the information of those pictures and coding meant. If people saw them, they think the cousins were obsessed with pictures. It is for our own advantage as well, Gabriel thought as he smirked, looking at those coding.

Aaron sighed, rubbing his face before he nodded. "Very well," he said, turning as he was looking at Gabriel. He nodded before he went to the door as Gabriel was looking at his cousin once more, smiling weakly. Gabriel knew that he was lucky to find his mate but he worried that Aaron would be pressured to find his mate as well.

"Have you found her yet?" He asked his cousin as Aaron smirked. Gabriel has a feeling that Aaron was keeping something from him but if his cousin wanted to keep it to himself at the time being, Gabriel would not force him to share the information with him. Gabriel respected his cousin's privacy after all.

Aaron straightened his posture as he regarded his cousin. He arched his eyebrow at Gabriel "I think she did not want to be found by me. But no matter, you know I have the advantage with my charms," he said and for the first time, Gabriel saw his cousin's canine and it was scary.

I wonder how Bianca would react if she saw mine, he thought as he shook his head, smiling. "I hope you do know how to control yourself when you met her," he said to his cousin. Aaron laughed.

"Of course, coz. What do you take me for?" he asked Gabriel, smirking as his eyes were turning pure obsidian now. Gabriel rolled his eyes as he knew that Aaron was hardly losing control of his Darker Side. If anything, he was the epitome of control for Pure Blood.

"An undead human," Gabriel replied as he was making his way to the door. His cousin snickered before Gabriel opened the door and walked out of his lab, making his way to his own along the long, dim hallway.

"If I was an undead human, so are you, coz!" he retorted before Gabriel slammed the door and went to his lab. Aaron has agreed. It's time to make my move now, Gabriel thought, smiling triumphantly as he was striding in his steps to get his plan moving before anyone could hurt his mate any more than he had to.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

503 17 38
Book 2 of The Croesus' Brides series Because his long lost love was gone, Nicolas has determined to right the wrong of the world. But, someone has br...
824 98 22
Mature Audiences: Everything happens in 3's, a murder, a lost love, and a fantasy, many years in the making... But will she survive when all three of...
36 0 40
Femme Fatale A trap that was set to catch a human, in this case a seductive woman that uses her ability, feminine and sexual appeal to trap a man in...
4.4K 314 38
She's formidable. He's resolute. Hailing from starkly contrasting backgrounds and families with unexpected values and priorities. Despite daunting ob...