Come home

By jadeycaneee

Ada Johansson is 17 years old, alone. Everything changes because of that night. Things are different. She's l... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Epilogue
NEW BOOK!

Chapter 23

1.7K 47 4
By jadeycaneee

Scarlett's POV

When I heard Paul call Ada "wifey" at first I'm completely shocked but I found it sweet. They know their limitations and I trust them not to rush their relationship. Paul told me that Ada will go to prom we consult her doctors about this and they give her limited time and the ambulance is stand by outside the school in case something happens.

Ada, on the other hand, is excited and browsing the internet for her dress. Lizzie and I help her pick her dress. "I want this one, simple yet pleasing to the eyes," she said. I look at Lizzie and she agrees.

"Okay, I tell that to my designer to make it asap. Let me get your sizes first so everything will fit perfectly" I said.

After I get everything, I call my designer right away and tell him Ada's size and show the reference of the dress. They work immediately and after a day they will send the dress here.

"What if we can't find a donor for her?" I ask Lizzie, my gaze locked on Ada who's sleeping. "We can find a donor for her. Don't lose hope." She said and kiss my cheeks. I leaned my head on her shoulder.

"Will God hear my prayers? Is that too much to ask that he let my daughter live more? Or am I being selfish to keep her alive even though she's saying she's tired?" I ask her again. She held my jaw and look at me in the eyes. "He heard your prayers. It's not too much to ask because you want to make it up to her, to give her everything you didn't give a few years ago. But being selfish I don't know, love. If she can't fight anymore we have to accept that and let her rest"

I know she's tired, so tired. I want her to live, to stay but Lizzie is right, if she begged for me to let her rest, I let her. I let her rest and be with her sister.

The moment of silence gets interrupted by a knock on the door. "Good afternoon, Ms. Johansson the result of your match for Ada is here. Doctor Yang wants to explain everything to you in her office." An intern said.

"Go, I look for Ada," Lizzie said. I kiss her lips and get outside the room. My heart beats so fast and my hands are sweating.

If my heart can save her, I will give it to her. My heart is nothing if my daughter is dead.

Ada's POV

I wake up and look around, mom is not here. "Where mom?" I ask aunt Lizzie. "Doctor yang talks to her about your condition." I nod.

She stands up and elevates the bed. She gives me water since my throat is already dry. I ask for a slice of Apple, I can't have a full meal since my treatment needs moderate food or it will affect my digestive system.

She gives me slices of Apple and grapes. I'm enjoying the fruits until someone gets into my room. It's Paul. He just got out of school.

"Hi, wifey" he greets me, "Hi, Ms. Olsen." Aunt Lizzie smile and looks at me teasing. I look away. I can feel my cheeks are burning. This moron knows how to make me fluttered. Aunt Liz give us the room so we can talk.

He gave me a bouquet and place the food he gets. "You have assignments to do?" I ask him. "Just one essay, I finish everything in the school since we have vacant hours." He said.

"How's school?" I ask him. "They started to decorate the quadrangle with the theme. The fools also help, I assist with the lights and decorate the stage. They miss you because you're the one who dictates us where to put the things in the right place to make them beautiful." He explained.

"Well, they have to learn how to live without me," I said. "And you also, you have to learn it. Take your time, if you want to throw or keep the things that reminded you of me then do it. If forgetting about me helps you to move on, I understand." I said. "I won't throw those precious things we have, or forget about you. I'm not moving on but I'm moving forward" I nod and hold his hand.

Our eyes locked go each other, none of us wanting to break the staring contest. He leaned and kissed my forehead. I hug him. It's just a simple gesture but it melted my heart. I'm making the most of it, putting everything in my memory core, not wanting to forget it even in the other life.

He gets up and took something from his bag. I tilt my head to see what it was. A box. A small box. "I saw this on the internet while I'm browsing. I know you are not a fan of jewelry so I still get this. And I hope you like it." He said. He opens the box and lets me see what's inside.

"I have had this in my bag for a long time, I got to the Lego store to help me to make a customized one. I remember when we are still kids we used to build legos in the house, it's so precious to me and very significant in my life. That is why I chose to make us this." He said. I'm speechless. I admire the necklace. It's so beautiful.

He helps me wear the necklace and I help him too. We put it together that will form a heart.

"You're the half of me that makes me complete. You made me realize everything and be contented with what I have. To love someone with thinking if they can reciprocate it or not. You give me every reason why I should trust myself, you give me the reason why I should love again," I sniff and wipe my tears, "damn you. We're just talking about school now you making me cry" I said making him giggle. "I will give you everything I can provide even my heart. I'll give it to you without hesitation"

"And I won't take it. I don't want you to give me your heart just because you want me to stay alive. That only caused me to die slowly because the reason why my heart is to continue fighting is not here anymore and missing you will drive me crazy." I said.

"If you miss me, place your hands to your chest and feel the beat of my heart that's now yours," he said. I shook my head, "you can't be my donor, I won't take it. I can't and I don't want to."

He just hugged me tightly. I place my head on the crook of his neck and cry. No, please. Don't. I don't want him to give his heart to me.

----

We didn't talk about it earlier, he's in the restroom changing for what he wears in the prom. He said it's just a peek for his full outfit, he just wants my opinion if the clothes he picks are fine.

My mouth watered from the sight. I gulp. Oh, God.

"Is this fine? Or should I change?" He asks. I look at him up and down. My man is perfect and hot. "You. Are. Freaking. Hot." I said emphasizing every word. He blushed. HE BLUSHED!

"And you're saying that's not a full outfit? Because it's is perfect and you look really good. Simple yet eye-catching. Now you have to deal with me being irritated with those bitches who want to steal you from me" I said and raising my left eyebrow.

"They can't steal me from you. I'm yours" he said and winked at me. I feel my cheeks burning and I'm red as a tomato right now. Then he winks at me, my body runs out of oxygen because of that.

----

Mom is already here and gives us our dinner. We talked and laugh. Paul is the man, giving us his corny jokes but still laughs about it. Mom and aunt Liz tease us that's making me blushed hard that I need to hide my face in the comforter.

Mom lay with her girlfriend on the couch and take a rest. While Paul holds my hand and puts his head on the side of the bed. He doesn't want to sleep on the couch since he wants to monitor my breathing. I didn't force him, I also love his hands on me ensuring he won't leave my side.

I wake up and saw him looking at me. "I thought your sleeping?" I ask him. He helps me to get up carefully and gives me a glass of water. "I can't sleep," he said. I stare at him, "why?" I ask.

"I'm afraid that if I woke up, you're not breathing anymore. That the alarms won't work and saw you lifeless" he said looking at the floor. I held his face, "im here. You can still feel me. Go back to sleep, I'm here when you wake up" I said.

I put his hand on my chest to feel my heart that it's still beating. "See? I'm alive, you don't have to worry. I'll be here" I said. I kissed his cheeks and tap the side of the bed so he can join me here.

"You can lay your head in my chest so you can hear my heartbeat," I said softly. I can see in his eyes that's he's really worried and scared. He does what I said and plays with his hair until he sleeps.

Tears fell in my eyes. I gaze at my mother who's sleeping with her girlfriend then divert my gaze to Paul. The realization hits me, that I go this person can't sleep at night and cry until they sleep.

I will hurt them if I leave, but I'm exhausted and weak. I want to fight, but my body is giving up on me. I want them to be ready if the time comes, that I can't go back home.

_________

Last 2 chapters. Buckle up, this ride gonna be tough. Happy ending? No promises.

See you in the chapter.
-jade

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

120K 3.4K 37
Katie is 18, just graduated, has so many college options but she rather do photography. Only problem is her mother forbids it, among other things. S...
491K 12.8K 50
After being in an orphanage for most of your life, an awful night turns into your dream life. Maddie had been an orphan since the age of 2 and grew...
330K 7.9K 150
Rhislette and her twin brother Harrison were given to a family when they were 1 and a half. Except that adoption never went thru. When Scarlett and...
156K 3.4K 53
Inspired by @emilye0028 Yes I know it is annoying that I keep changing this book but I will be rewriting because I have no more ideas anymore so I wi...