{DISCONTINUED} - Carnations m...

By awiuofbnaljdhe

Winter struggles with his feelings, his feelings for Qibli. Winter felt a longing for him, having to remind h... More

Notice
Just a letter
A mystery dragon sent me a letter
A tea party with better parents
Be warey of windy weather
Waiting for things to get better
Kitchen floors are cold
Not A Story Update*

Falling out of love is hard

221 9 10
By awiuofbnaljdhe

Qibli POV.

Qibli didn't know how to feel about Moon anymore. He used to love her, he should love her. He didn't exactly get why he didn't feel the same about Moon anymore, a thought he came up with was that their relationship might have been a little sudden. Perhaps I just shouldn't think about it? I'll have to confront Moon one day...

"What are you doing right now? Sulking?" Kinkajou asked, interrupting Qibli's internal monologue.

"No! I'm thinking about something very serious right now!" Qibli replied.

"Ohhhh, sorry... Well, what is this super serious thing about?" Kinkajou jumped onto her bed. Very bad timing Kinkajou! Very bad time to ask about what I'm thinking about. Qibli thought miserably.

"It's about... Moon..." Qibli let out a sigh, sinking into his bed even more.

"Oh- oh no! Did something happen between you two?!" Kinkajou cried.

"That's the problem. Nothing has happened between us." She stared at the ceiling for a while.

"Well... have you tried... talking to her?"

"Oh wow, if only I had done that." Qibli said sarcastically.

"So... what are you planning on doing?" She asked. Qibli stopped, as this was exactly what he was thinking about before. He didn't know what to do.

"I don't know." Qibli groaned.

"Now you're acting like Winter." She laughed. Qibli felt a pang of longing to see Winter again, but he didn't have the time of day or bravery to go to Sanctuary to see him. Winter probably didn't want to see Qibli anyways. Qibli raised his head and looked over to Kinkajou, her mouth ajar to speak before a voice echoed through the halls.

"QIBLI! KINKAJOU! I NEED YOUR HELP HERE OVER AT THE LIBRARY" Qibli sighed, burying his head into his pillow giving himself one last chance to mope, before heaving himself up and whisking out the door with Kinkajou not far behind. They both traveled down the hallway when they stood before the library entrance.

Tsunami and Sunny were in the library along with Starflight behind a desk. Qibli glanced around a bit not spotting Fatespeaker at first before seeing her behind a bookshelf at the back of the room.

"Sooo... sorry to bother you but as you know we're reorganizing the library..." Sunny said anxiously.

"Chill Sunny, they're your students, you can make them do whatever you want." Tsunami patted Sunny's head.

"No we can't! They aren't our slaves!" Sunny squeaked, brushing off Tsunami's talon.

"Wow, so nice guys, we're right here y'know!" Kinkajou joked, Qibli let out a little chuckle.

"Anyhow, we better start now." Tsunami sighed, turning around to walk into the library. Sunny, Kinkajou and Qibli followed suit. The library wasn't gigantic, but even so, a small library would take some time to reorganize. Due to the fact that the library was moderately sized, this no doubt would take a long time. Qibli felt himself groan a little as he started un-shelving the bookshelf that was located at the back of the room.

He took his time to think about Winter who was probably in Sanctuary right now. Qibli wondered what he was doing and let himself imagine what he could be doing right now. Perhaps he was studying his scavengers that he loved so much. Qibli remembered every time Winter would ramble on about how amazing scavengers were, and how horrifying it was how dragons ate them. Qibli himself didn't mind eating scavengers, but he held off on that activity ever since he met Winter. He didn't exactly know why but didn't question it too much.

"QIBLI!!!!" Kinkajou whispered-yelled as she wandered over to him. She was tasked to organize bookshelves across from him, but it seemed that she had given up and decided to bother Qibli. Well, Rainwings had short attention spans anyways, so unfortunately, Qibli could not make Kinkajou focus on anything. Though sometimes Kinkajou seemed to have some sort of hyper focus when she wanted to do something.

"What is it?" Qibli asked, heaving five books that he took from the bookshelf onto a table.

"Well, I wanted to discuss what we were talking about earlier!" Kinkajou enthusiastically jumped up and down, when a quiet shhh! Came from the other side of the room, most likely coming from Fatespeaker.

"Talk about what we were talking about earlier?" Qibli questioned, before recalling what he and Kinkajou were talking about earlier. Qibli's shoulders sank as he was reminded of his situation. Although he was one for adventure, he sometimes wished he could just take a break and settle down.

"I've decided that I'll be your supporting role and help you figure out your feelings!" She grinned.

"How exactly could you even... help me? I don't even know my own feelings. How could someone other than me know them?" Qibli questioned.

"Psh," Kinkajou laughed, "I'm the goddess of totally knowing how someone else is feeling."

Qibli rolled his eyes before un-shelving a few more books. Conveniently, Qibli glanced at one of the titles which was named 'how to deal with falling out of love'.

"Wow. That's convenient." Kinkajou said, peering over Qibli's shoulder, "But I doubt that book is as reliable as me."

"Mhmm, well I don't exactly like opening up about my feelings to other dragons." Qibli had a minor flashback to his mother Cobra and his two siblings. Shaking off the memory, he focused back on the conversation with Kinkajou.

"Oh please, you're just a novice compared to me when discussing romance." She batted her eyes. Qibli highly doubted what Kinkajou said, but went along with her anyways.

"At least let me finish sorting out this shelf" Qibli said taking another three books into his claws.

"Definitely not! That'll take, like, forever! We don't have time for that!" Kinkajou cried, throwing her arms up.

"Aren't you the one who volunteered to sort out the library, then make me come along?"

"I know but... something more important came up! Such as your relationship with Moon!"

"Sure." Qibli said finally setting the book aside. 

"Hey! At least I'm trying to help!"

"Well thanks I guess? But I don't think I need your help." Qibli stated.

"Can we please just skip to the part where you agree already?" She pleaded. Qibli thought about it for a few moments, he could open up. There wasn't anything wrong with it. Unless he messed up and made everyone hate him, which was always a possibility. Qibli gave a small sigh, as long as I'm careful nothing could go terribly wrong. Qibli thought, turning to face Kinkajou.

"Alright, just don't complain if I don't agree with every one of your shenanigans." Qibli said.

"That's fine!" Kinkajou said as she gave a small cheer of approval. Qibli gave a smile and went back to un-shelving books. Kinkajou yanked on his ear and said,

"Oh no you don't! We're not continuing to shelve books, we're working on your feelings immediately!" Another shhh! Came from the other side of the room, once again, most likely from Fatespeaker.

"But aren't we supposed to help sort out the library right now?" Qibli asked her, flipping through the book and looking for the genre label that Starfight helped to make.

"I can, uh..." Kinkajou trailed off.

"See? We'll finish what we're supposed to do, then I'll go along with whatever you want. Deal?" Qibli said to Kinkajou.

"Okay!" Kinkajou said, rushing over to a random bookshelf and pulling out books. Qibli let out the millionth sigh of that day, this whole library and feelings thing seemed way too drawn out and long. Qibli shook his head and went back to work. Things would only get more complicated from now. 

~~~

A/N: I'm not sure what to say, but so far I've worked on this every day I could to make up for the last chapter. Even so I'm not too sure if this chapter was great quality, I feel like it was too drawn out. Anyhow, just to update you I tested negative and got my vaccine! But that also means this will take longer as I go back into in person school. So... sorry eheh... 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29.4K 501 39
Winter knows he's a disappointment. First, he falls in love with his sworn enemy, then he helps them to defeat a great evil before betraying their tr...
18.7K 501 45
Illustrated story! Moonwatcher realizes that her choices, which affect her entire future, have not been what she wants and longs for. Where does she...
12.7K 221 15
After the fallout of Darkstalker's grab for power, Pyrrhia as a whole has taken a collective sigh of relief. The nightwings have finally been able to...
9.4K 154 16
#COVER ISN'T MINE! ALL THE ART CREDITS BELONG TO PINKAE ON TUMBLR# Hey, this is a story of Winterwatcher and a little of Qinter. After Moon chose Qi...