Chain of Gold

By sageteagan

Rainbow Dash grew up with a wealthy title. But under the diamond mask, was a soul longing to be free. Ten yea... More

Description
Things you need to know before reading
Chapter 1: Youth
Chapter 2: Legacy
Chapter 3: Independence
Chapter 4: Home
Chapter 5: Almost
Chapter 6: Dream
Chapter 7: Recruit
Chapter 8: Deal
Chapter 9: Relief
Chapter 10: Bloom
Chapter 11: Bliss
Chapter 12: The First Crack
Chapter 13: When the Past Catches Up
Chapter 14: Family?
Chapter 15: Rift
Chapter 16: Fracture
Chapter 17: Ignorance
Chapter 18: The Breaking Point
Chapter 19: Shelter
Chapter 20: The Return
Chapter 21: Five Years Later
Chapter 22: Deceived
Chapter 23: Move On
Chapter 24: Forget, not Forgive
Chapter 25: Frozen Heart
Chapter 26: Bitter
Chapter 27: High Expectations
Chapter 28: Fool
Chapter 29: Memories
Chapter 30: Sprinkle
Chapter 31: Trickle
Chapter 32: Currents
Chapter 33: Escape
Chapter 34: Parallel
Chapter 35: Complete
Extra Chapter: Analise

Extra Chapter: Soarin

162 7 0
By sageteagan

Hey guys! As I said in the last chapter, I will be posting two extra chapters of this story. This one, as the title suggests, is basically Soarin's pov throughout the whole story. I wanted to make this so you guys could see how it was for his point of view. Enjoy!

She was the most beautiful girl he had ever seen.

She looked like a goddess who descended from the heavens.

And he was instantly hooked.

What attracted him more was her unwavering confidence. She was self-assured, never depending on anyone but herself to get the job done.

If he were to be honest, she might even be better than he was.

But at fear of their friendship drifting, he hid his feelings.

Soarin Skies was in love with Rainbow Dash

------

After the encouraging words of his friends, he had built confidence in asking out the girl of his dreams.

And it seemed luck was on his side.

Rainbow Dash said yes.

YES.

Now, he just had to plan the date.

It had to be perfect.

------

They were dating.

And it was heaven.

The years with Rainbow Dash were some of the best years he had ever had.

She was perfect.

Their road of their life was smoothly running.

But every road leads to a rocky surface eventually.

------

Analise Storm had cracked the perfect glass bubble in which he and Rainbow resided.

She came into his life like a landslide.

One moment he was with Rainbow Dash, the next he was suddenly always preoccupied with Analise.

He would be lying if he said he didn't enjoy it.

He had fun hanging out with her.

But their dynamic was never romantic.

Never.

His feelings never strayed, and never would stray from Rainbow Dash.

He would love her for life.

But life wasn't always kind.

------

He stormed out of the restaurant.

He ran to his car, driving towards the headquarters, trying to get as far away as possible.

Shit. What was he supposed to do?

How was he going to tell Rainbow Dash?

His mind was still in shambles as he drove into the driveway of the building.

When he entered, the chatter turned into silence as everyone turned to look at him.

"Woah, dude. Are you okay?"

Concerned glances greeted him. He ignored their gazes.

"I'm fine. Where's Rainbow?"

"Oh, she's not here. I think she's with her father," Fleetfoot said.

Her father.

Shit.

He had made a plan to tell her as soon as he could. But she was with her father. They were probably having a good time. Him telling her the news would just ruin her day.

She was fixing her relationship with her parent. Its best if he didn't ruin that.

So, he waited.

Turns out that would be a big mistake.

------

"Soarin, you have to see this." Misty's voice quivered as she spoke.

He glanced at her screen, his eyes widening at the title of the article.

"Hottest new celebrity couple?" Was plastered on the top while below it showed a picture of the kiss that occurred not even an hour ago.

Soarin felt his stomach drop.

"Oh fuck. Oh shit! I have to go. I'll explain later!"

He hurriedly grabbed his keys, running towards his parked car to drive to their apartment.

He prayed his beloved would understand.

------

Her car was already parked when he got there.

He took a deep breath before he ran inside. This was no time to panic.

As he climbed up the stairs to their bedroom, his girlfriend was already filling a suitcase up with clothes.

He got to the door, and she glared at him.

"Dashie, please let me explain!" His words sounded desperate in his own ears.

"Explain what? How you forgot to tell me you started a relationship with someone else?!" That confirmed his worst fear.

"That article was lying, Dashie! I don't have a relationship with Analise!"

"Really? That picture clearly captured your friendship with that kiss!"

That kiss.

That damn kiss.

Fuck.

"Rainbow, she kissed me! I pushed her off!"

"Why did you let her kiss you in the first place?!"

He felt hurt, "I didn't! It took me by surprise! Please you have to believe me!" He pleaded once more.

"Why were you with her anyway? I told you to stay away!" At that, his eyes widened. He faltered, unable to form proper words this time.

Before he could even say anything more, Rainbow groaned and took her bags, leaving him there, alone.

He stood still. Hurt, and in shock.

Were they over now?

Where was she going?

Had he just lost the love of his life?

------

His mind never forgot her.

And his heart never loved another.

He vowed one day, he would fix it.

Fix them.

And five years later, when their eyes met again, he finally had a chance.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

You. By Chai

Fanfiction

68.1K 2.6K 41
Past. That's all there is. Nothing more, nothing less. It's just a blurred memory that can't be change or returned to, For Rainbow Dash's opinion. A...
31.9K 1K 30
"ωє ѕтяιкє αи∂ ѕтяιкє αgαιи, νι¢тσяу ιѕ αℓℓ тнє мαттєяѕ" "We need to stay strong! Dont show weaknesss to the Enemies!!!!!!" SHE YELLS. Wars rampage...
52.6K 1.2K 40
"Do you think it's funny?" "What?" "Everything you have done." ─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ─── Start: June 14,2016- First plot Octo...
1.2K 139 28
(...) A terrible event from the past leaves Rainbow Dash in tears when a certain pony brings it up. But luckily, this pony is always ready to help...