Outta the blue - A Cuttletavi...

By TheWindBornWritter

Memories and mistakes of the past resurface as they navigate through feelings of loss, regret, sadness and a... More

Story notes!
Chapter 1 - Regret
Chapter 2 - Bad Choices
Chapter 3 - Where?
Chapter 4 - Forward
Chapter 5 - Navigate
Chapter 6 - Search
Chapter 8 - Sleep
Chapter 9 - Following Leads
Chapter 10 - Beginning of the end
Chapter 11 - Above Ground
Chapter 12 - Right, where were we?
13 - Options

Chapter 7 - I'm back

291 11 14
By TheWindBornWritter

*REMINDER! Agent 3's name is Olivia, Agent 4's is Ashe and 8's is Mia! This reminder is here to help prevent confusion, so I hope it actually helps!*

Octavio checked the car before walking in, no sight of any agent he'd ever seen at least. He and Craig stepped in and flopped down onto two of the seats. He breathed a sigh of relief. All day he had been running from those two agents that were handling stations just like him and Craig. The octoling seemed to be the biggest threat, she noticed the small things while the inkling, someone he recognized quite well, seemed only focused on the task at hand

Octavio could feel himself getting hungry but right now that wasn't the priority. He needed to find a way out of here. He needed to find a way to get away from the agents. Staying around them for to long would only cause more problems for him and-

He felt a slight nudge that cut him off.

"Are you alright?"

Craig asked.

"Yeah just...a bit overwhelmed. I'm sorry, I got us into this mess, I just...I shouldn't have."

"I think you're being a bit dramatic. Things aren't that bad, right? And don't go blaming yourself for this, I chose to be here too, didn't I?"

"Yeah..."

"How about you take a nap and I'll keep an eye on things for a bit, alright?"

"Promise you'll wake me up if anything happens?"

"I promise."

"Alright then..."

He rested his head against the captain's shoulder and slowly drifted off.

Mia's POV

Mia stepped onto the train, utterly whipped out from the day. She walked through the car to find an open seat when she spotted the pair of boys from before. She noticed the octoling was asleep and the inkling was awake and just sitting there quietly. She walked up to the inkling and waved to him.

"Mind if I sit here?"

She asked.

"Go right ahead."

He replied. Mia took a seat next to him and breathed a sigh of relief.

"Y'all right?"

"Yeah just...really tired. The past few days have been a lot."

"Ah, if you don't mind me asking, what happened?"

"I lost someone close to me and then just...this place doesn't bring back the best memories for me. So all around I'm not really at my best and I haven't slept in a bit so yeah."

"I'm sorry to hear that. You should take a break and get some rest."

"No, I don't have time. Everyone else is working so hard right now, I can't rest for too long."

"If you just push yourself forever, you'll just end up burning out. It's important to take rest sometimes, don't over do it."

Mia paused.

"...Alright I guess I can take a quick nap, thank you for the advice."

"No problem."

The young man said with a smile.

"You know, you remind me a lot of someone I used to know."

Mia said with a laugh.

"I sure hope it's in a good way!"

The young man said with a hearty laugh. Mia laughed along with him. Mia noticed the octoling, Milo, stirred a little as the two trailed off.

"Oh sorry, I'll keep my voice down."

Mia said quietly.

"Oh don't worry about it, he can sleep through almost anything. I'd have to bash his head into a wall for an hour straight to wake him up."

Landon said with a laugh.

"Really?"

"Yep."

"How does he manage that?"

"While a few years ago his-"

Landon was cut off by Olivia walking over.

"Hello. Sorry, am I interrupting something here?"

She asked with a sharp edge to her voice.

"Not at all, just having a little chat, you're welcome to join us!"

The young man invited. Olivia paused for a moment.

"No thank you, I have work to do. Mia come on, I need your help."

Olivia replied.

"Oh alright. It was nice talking to you, see you around!"

Mia said before getting up to follow Olivia.

"You shouldn't talk to them when you're alone. I don't get a good feeling from them."

"You've spoken like two words to them Liv, they're honestly really nice."

"Didn't Ashe catch them carrying the captain's phone?"

"Well yes but-"

"I don't trust them. Something feel wrong but I just can't put my finger on it."

"I think you might just be stressed. Liv, you should take a break and get some sleep. Recharge and-"

"No. Taking a break is wasting time. The more time I waste the less likely it is anything will come from this and then all my efforts will go to waste."

"Liv I-"

"Mia, seriously please back off."

Olivia snapped. There was a moment of pause as the train screeched to a halt and the doors slid open.

"I have work to do and so do you, I'll see you later."

Olivia said before running out onto the station platform, leaving Mia standing in a stunned silence. As she stood there she only mustered a faint word.

"Olivia..."

The doors slid to a close and the train sped off again.

End of chapter 7.

Ok so hi, uhm it's a been awhile hasn't it? Like just a bit over a year? Well sorry for being gone for so long but I am back and I'm gonna try and finish this lol.

I won't bore you all with the reasons as to why this has been on pause for so long but I am back so let's do this!

((Btw one small question, why was everyone calling me daddy..??? I leave for one year and I come back that, what???))

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.4M 49.4K 57
Welcome to The Wattpad HQ Community Happenings story! We are so glad you're part of our global community. This is the place for readers and writers...
54.5M 388K 71
Stay connected to all things Wattpad by adding this story to your library. We will be posting announcements, updates, and much more!
19.6K 827 26
I fall for you like a clumsy oaf , head over heels and all tangled up . a cute story of a student and her proffeser husband jeon junkook . hope you...