Fly

By stormthesheepdog

Have you ever experienced what it feels like to fly; To feel the rush of air flowing underneath you, consumin... More

Red car Blue car
Crufts
Shattered dreams
Ready?
Show stoppers
Welcome
Do you really mean it?
Wow!
You're it!
Take a bow
Come what may
From the shadow, trouble calls
That dog can dance!
Dive
Nervous?
Tough decisions
Wish upon a star
Storm's Pupdate
Falling into darkness
A/n
That's it, now I'm trapped...
The Great Escape pt.1 - And so it begins
800!!
The Great Escape pt.2 - Plans, frisbees and a whole lot of...spiders?
The Great Escape pt.3 - Plans work much better in theory than in practice
The Great Escape pt.4 - Everything always works out in the end...
Freedom of a sort
Trouble with a capital J
Help
The Devil wears a fur coat
Epilogue
Final Author's Note
Sequel is out!!!

Fly

1.6K 54 22
By stormthesheepdog

The clock struck 13. It's rhythmic tic-toc rang out across the vast field. Crowds of spectators began to gather hoping to catch a glimpse of the pair currently whizzing around the complicated course. Mummers of admiration could be heard from all around the ring as the tension grew each time the clocks tic-toc rang out. The current leader had an incredible time of 37 seconds with no faults; a time that would be very hard to beat. The pair on course we're the last to go and the only ones who could take the lead.

-------------------------------------------

The collie cast a quick glance at his handler to make sure the route he was taking was the correct one. His focus locked onto the line of upright poles in front of him. It was a tricky entry but, thankfully, one he knew how to handle. He began skilfully weaving in and out of the 12 poles and very soon was out the other side and racing on toward the next obstacle.

His body lept as he saw where his handler was directing him; the see-saw. The dog enthusiastically ran up the brightly coloured plank set in front of him, pausing only to let the metal bar tip in the middle and begin its decent back down to the grass of the show ground. After touching the yellow mark on the end of the plank,he was, once again, racing forwards.

He knew he was nearing the end of the run when the excited onlookers began to scream in anticipation. Making sure not to ruin a perfect run, He remained focused on the task ahead and launched himself into the air one final time...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.5K 838 35
Sienna is in love with her best friend, but he's not in love with her. Will hooking up with his best friend make him jealous enough to get his attent...
47.1K 7K 104
||Wattys 2022 Shortlist|| "You've got several lines of destiny in you...whether you use your power for good or wicked is still blank." After narrowl...
208 23 21
{Book One Of the Blackbird Series} Elias Drozdov's life is anything but safe. Being a crow is one thing, but being a crow with white wings? Might as...
418K 11.3K 42
Hello everyone !! This is my first book and I hope u like this one . Feel free to comment and please do vote for the chapters u like . Alena...