Solitude (Clementine X Male R...

بواسطة Burning_Poppy

You were eight when the dead began their reign. It happened in the blink of an eye, and the world around you... المزيد

Hello
Vengeful-The Shack
Vengeful-Welcome
Vengeful-Monster
Vengeful-Clementine
Vengeful-Stay
Vengeful-Famous Last Words
Vengeful-Game
Vengeful-Cut
Vengeful-Demons
Vengeful-Intruders
Vengeful-Sleeping Beauty
Vengeful-Chains and Chemicals
Vengeful-Torture
Vengeful-Execution
Vengeful-Fire
Vengeful-Where We'll Go
Vengeful-Eight Days Later
Vengeful-Starry Night
Vengeful-A Search for Nothing
Vengeful-Empty
Vengeful-Greek Goddess
Vengeful-Richmond
Haunted-Nightmare
Haunted-Poison
Haunted-Knock
Haunted-Overprotective
Haunted-Warning
Haunted-Salvation Approaches
Christmas Special
Apocalypse-Where it all Fell Apart
Haunted-Apples and Butterflies
Collapse-Set's Plan
Collapse-There's No Reason at All
Collapse-Trailers
Collapse-Misunderstanding
Collapse-Return
Collapse-Tomorrow
Collapse-Ruin
Gods-Limos
Gods-Shiva
Gods-Oizys
Gods-Osiris
Gods-Ehecatl
Gods-Shinigami
Gods-Xipe Totec
Gods-Fides
Gods-Sun Wukong
Gods-Tartarus
Gods-Mitra
Gods-Beelzebub
Gods-Prometheus
Gods-Parvati
Gods-Caerus
Gods-666
Manhunt-Coup
Manhunt-Severed
Manhunt-List
Manhunt-Former
Manhunt-This is the Town
Manhunt-Stalker/s
Manhunt-Reunited
Manhunt-Merging
Manhunt-Beginning of the End
Salvation-Anxious
Salvation-Turmoil
Salvation-Search Party
Salvation-Time Passes
Salvation-Turbines
Salvation-The Last Night
Salvation-Imminence
Salvation-Salvation's Fall
Salvation-God's Fall
Salvation-Fall
Epilogue-Anarchy
End

Collapse-Watch for the End

618 30 4
بواسطة Burning_Poppy

The sun has risen, and Salvation hasn't attacked. Using the cover of night would have given them an advantage, but maybe they're confident in whatever strategy they have. When John's community was attacked, they did it at night. They also waited for there to be an event, and there are none you've heard about. Clementine would have said something to you.

You watch as people walk around the community, starting their morning routines. They're completely unaware that Salvation is breathing down their necks right now. The peace they've grown accustomed to is about to blow up in their faces. You could warn them about it, but escaping in the chaos may be your best shot. You know Salvation is watching. Set and Nep are probably somewhere in the community, preparing for the attack. If they saw that people were trying to escape, they'd alert someone, and it'd be over.

You sigh, leaning against the balcony railing. This community nonsense is what you wanted to stay away from. Too much drama. You've never dealt with something on this scale with people to worry about. It's draining.

Violet: Anything?

You: Nope.

She makes her way to the railing and leans back against it.

Violet: Everyone is downstairs.

You: Good.

You straighten up a bit, your hands gripping the rail.

Violet: Think they're coming soon?

You: They'll either do it this morning while everyone is getting ready for the day, or they'll do it at night.

Violet: Why not in the middle of the day?

You: It doesn't seem logical. They want to capture people, and I'd imagine that'd be the hardest time of day to do that.

Violet: What do you think they'll do then?

You: Dunno.

You look at the gate. They'll kick it in, storm the place, kill a few to show they're not fucking around, and then kill those resisting. Find the armory, take control, and they've won. Set and Nep probably found that while they were doing their thing. Probably did a whole lot more than anyone knows about. After that, it's as simple as pointing a gun, showing they have more people, and killing a few more, for example's sake.

You: I'd imagine this morning. Maybe tonight if we get lucky.

Violet: Don't see us getting lucky in this.

You: Harder to follow in the dark. We could escape easier.

Violet: Yeah. What do you think our chances of getting away are?

You: What's with all these questions? Why aren't you asking Clem?

Violet: Just talking to you. Gotta get to know the new guy since he's decided to stick around.

You: I'd say our chances are pretty good.

With Athena coming for you, you doubt that's the case. But she knows you're here, so she'll be looking.

Violet: Chances of Richmond winning?

You laugh.

You: Another question.

Violet: Just answer it.

You: They're not winning. You saw Salvation. Now, look at this place. They don't stand a chance, especially since they don't know Salvation is coming.

Violet: So, we're going to be stuck on the road again.

You: Yeah. Don't know if it'll be easier or harder with more people.

Violet: Both. I'm sure we'll manage with you and Clem with us. You two have more experience than us.

You: You really never left that school, huh?

Violet: That was home.

You: Always be prepared to lose it all. I've come across entire communities wiped off the map. It's ominous. Like some monster is lurking nearby, waiting to get you next.

Violet: There are always monsters nearby.

You: You know what I mean. Something scarier than a walker.

Violet: A vampire.

You: Are vampires monsters? They're just people who like blood.

Violet: And are immortal.

You: Right.

You don't know much about vampires. You didn't really have a childhood.

Violet: So, what's the deal?

You: I didn't make a deal.

She ignores you and continues on.

Violet: At first, you were so against joining the group, and now you're all buddy-buddy with Clem.

You: Well, plans change.

Violet: You got over your original plan pretty fast.

You: Things happen.

Violet: Clementine happened.

You: Yeah, well-

Violet: She's pretty awesome.

She turns around and leans forward just like you.

Violet: You're lucky.

You: Yeah.

Violet: We owe her a lot. She really saved our asses when she showed up. Marlon would have gotten us all taken.

You: She hasn't told me a lot about it. I don't think she likes thinking about it because of her leg.

Violet: She was a badass. Still is... I feel like she should be the one to tell you that story.

You: That's probably best.

You drop your head and look at the sidewalk below you.

Violet: I'm kind of happy you two hit it off. It'll be good to have you around.

There is a bloodstain on the sidewalk close to the apartment building entrance. It's splattered across the concrete, dried but looking only a few hours old. You can't tell from this distance. You don't ever remember seeing it before. Then, as you're studying it, you notice shards of glass only a few feet away, barely noticeable.

Violet: Louis will want to play one of his stupid ass games in a few days. Try to pry as much information he can get out of you.

Could it have been Set or Nep? Did they kill someone down there and then break into the building? Why were they there in the first place?

You: I don't like Louis' games.

Violet: You don't really have a choice.

Maybe you're reading too much into it.

Violet: It's hard to keep him in line too.

Set told you to run. The two of you are enemies now, and why would an enemy not take advantage of the information they have. He knows what building you're in, what floor you're on, what room you're in. On top of that, Set and Nep got into Richmond without being noticed. They know a way in that they could have used to sneak more people in. Athena in particular.

Violet: Woah, woah. What's going on at the gate?

The attack has begun is all that you can think of. You watch the guards wave their guns around while some other guards run over to join them.

You: Go ahead downstairs.

Violet: Yeah, we should.

You: No, just you.

Violet: What?

You: I...

You pause. You're not sure you should tell her what you're thinking. You don't want her to think she can stay here and help. You could be wrong too.

You: I'll be right behind you.

She knows you're hiding something and hesitates, but goes. You follow her back into the apartment and close the balcony door again.

Violet: We'll wait for you.

You: No. When the attack starts, make a run for it. I'll find you later.

Violet: What?

You: There isn't time to argue about it.

Violet: Whatever, man. Your funeral.

She heads for the door.

You: Hey.

She stops before opening the door.

You: Keep her safe.

Violet: What is that supposed to mean?

You: Violet.

She looks back at you for a second and then at the floor.

Violet: Yeah.

She leaves the room, closing the door behind her.

Violet: Oh, sorry.

You hear her apologize in the hall but think nothing of it. She just ran into someone.

Unknown: No, no. That was my bad.

While surviving, you start to pick up the small things. You become observant because if you're not, you'll die. Even if something isn't something, you watch out for it just in case. You were alone, so that went double for you because no one was there to pick up the slack.

That scene below was something to look out for because the person Violet ran into in the hall was Athena.

You walk to your bedroom and grab the knife you stashed under your pillow, fixing it to your waist.

There's a boom outside. It wasn't an explosion, you don't think, but the gate collapsing. The nature of the gate makes it hard to believe it fell, but you're sure that's what it was. The shooting starts almost simultaneously.

You calmly step out of your bedroom, knowing what is waiting for you.

Athena: Sup.

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

5K 167 13
Family dead. Friends dead. Death is pretty fucking common the last few years. You have roamed alone for a while now. Trust is hard to give.. or get...
9.1K 229 21
Years of hell have caused you to almost shut down. Nothing of yourself exists on the surface. Nothing but the need to protect your sister. Now you h...
102K 2.6K 86
Clementine, a 12 year old girl alone in the apocalypse who has to fend for herself and a baby. She will face many challenges on her journey to Welli...
2.3K 102 26
Lee Everett, a convicted criminal, who was on his way to jail when the undead started to rise, making him get a second chance at life. Soon he meets...