When Our Paths crossed..

By nithi_newlife

Story of two individuals who chose different paths. But destiny decides to cross their path again. Is it for... More

Hero v/s Fangirl
In your arms!
By your side!
Time to shift Sweetheart!
His Eyes , her Achilles heel
When Chiti got life!
A Glimpse of Past!
Gopurangal Saivathillai
BOYS!
Step on my Toes!
Her Dimples! His Eyes!!
Boyfriend?
Who are you??
Lessons Learnt?
Experience of Getting caught!
The Boardroom Battle!
Nee Kavithaigala, Kanavugala??
He is Family!!
Crazy Cousins!!
Trip to GOA!
Lost in the Land of Love!
The Roller coaster ride
The Bitter Truth..
One At a Time!
Scared to Embrace Happiness!!
Welcome the Next CEO..
I missed you!
Pularaa kadhale...Punarum kadhale...
This isn't Normal!
The Family Politics!
Compromise on Self Respect?
Unakena naan Enakena nee..
Divorce..
What is Love?
Oh my God!
Mixed Emotions
Shivani's Visit to Chennai-Part1
Expectations-Shivani's Visit to Chennai(Part2)
Trust-Shivani's Visit to Chennai(Part3)
Desire-Shivani's Visit to Chennai(Part4)
Ok to say No!!-Shivani's Visit to Chennai(Part5)
Special Bonds!
Hard Realization
New Beginnings'
MARAN ASSOSCIATES
BLOCKED ??
Proud of you!!
Mr. Arunachalam Returns
Silence before the Storm
The Storm...
The Storm(Continued)...
Aftermath of storm
Marudhani...
#Nishchayathram
#Bachelor Party.
#Wedding Night
#Reception
When Vikram confronts Vedha..
60. The Gift (Part 1)
The Gift (Part 2)
Epilogue-1 : The Letter
Epilogue-2
Author's Pen

#Wedding

3.7K 427 176
By nithi_newlife

"Mapla! Yen thangachi ku samaika theriyadhu. Vizhama nadakka theriyadhu. Romba kovam varum. Idha vida unakku best opportunity illa. Appadiye Kasikku poidu.." The crowd laughed at Rakshan's remark.

Kashi Yathra is an interesting activity in weddings. Ashwin was offered an umbrella, walking stick and minimal food to leave to Kashi leaving behind all worldly pleasures. The priest asked the father of the bride to convince the groom to drop the idea of leaving to Kashi and marry their daughter. Rakshan volunteered to do that.

While Ashwin was waiting to be called back by Rakshan, all that he did was advising him to run away.

"Dei paduthadha. Thallu. Nan ulla poren"

"Enna mapla ippadi erangitta"

"Nan konja late panna kooda, unga amma, yen amma rendu perum avalukku vera paiyana pathuruvanga" he whispered.

"Rendu perum friends ah??" the priest asked Mrs. Arunachalam.

"Aama nga..Chinna vayasula irundhu. Best friends" she said looking at them fighting at the entrance of the wedding hall like kids.

"Adellam mudiyadhu. Nee po mapla. Nee nadanthu Kasi ku poga vendam. Nan flight book panni tharen" Ashwin glared and the crowd laughed and cheered for Rakshan. Even Mr.Maran and Mr.Arunachalam smirked at the chaos created by the boys.

"Thambi, Naazhi aagudhu, oru mudivukku vanga" the priest reminded.

"Dei..podhum velaiyadunadu." Malini warned Rakshan.

"Mapla. Nan unna warn pannen. Nee than kekala. Inime un vazhkaiku nan porupilla. Vandhu thola" he said only to earn a smack from Malini again.

~

Once Ashwin entered the mandap, Rakshan did the padha puja as the bride's brother.

"Machan nalla panra. Un kalyanathula appo than nan pannuven" Ashwin casually chided while Rakshan momentarily stopped. The fact that Pavithra didn't want to get married anytime soon disturbed him.

Shivani was called and they were asked to exchange garland as first step of the wedding. Rakshan and Shakthi lifted Shivani. When Ashwin looked at SAM for help, all that he got in response was "Poda!".

Ashwin didn't have to struggle much. He just had to step on his toes a little to put the garland around her.

"Enna anne. Ivlo thana un talent. Easy ah potutaru..." she complained when they pulled her down.

"Ada poma. Avan Lic building ku tough kudukka valandhavan. Nan ivlo pannadhe jasthi"

"Irundhalum Thalaivi..neenga innum konjam valandhu irukkalam" Shakthi chided and hifi- ed Rakshan. While she pouted, Ashwin laughed.

~

"Ma...appa peru sollungo.." the iyer asked, to recite the same in his mantra for Kanyadhanam and Shivani didn't hesitate to say "Appa Illa" creating a little commotion on the dias.

This is a ceremony where the bride's parents give her to the groom and requests him to take care of their daughter for the rest of their life. But Shivani loathed that man. For every moment she and her mother spent with insecurity, that man was the reason. Sitting in front of the sacred fire, right next to the man she loved, saying her father's name felt like a sin, a mistake.

While she was lost for a moment, Ashwin squeezed his palms. She smiled at him as if conveying that she was fine. The priest who not bothered about any of this looked at Mrs. Maran and asked "Kanya-dhanam yaaru panna poringa??"

"Nan panren. Ponnoda Periyappa. Peru Maran" he said. Shivani closed her eyes. She felt , the relationship between them turned smooth, the moment she accepted the fact that he was not her Father. The moment she stopped having any expectations from him. She only had respect for this man for what he did to her either willing or non-willing.

The same holds for Mr. Maran. He knew if he did this, HIS family will be happy. They all loved her like their own. He felt it was right to give back this little happiness to the girl. After all she had saved his daughter's marriage in her own way. Was anything more important to him that Nisha's happiness? Nothing.

When Mr. and Mrs.Maran offered Shivani's hands to Ashwin, their eyes met. Their happiness could be seen right in their eyes. Ashwin's eyes glistened in happiness and his hold on her palms were tighter.

Nisha moved around to get everybody's blessing on the sacred thread. Rakshan was besides Ashwin throughout. Pavithra was in the furthermost corner capturing all the beautiful moments in Ashwin's phone upon his request. SAM was with the close family crowd coordinating the event.

"Paiyanoda kooda poranthavangala vara sollungo.. Thambi Gettimelam.."

"yaarum illa.." some random lady in the crowd replied

"Appo..ammave.."

"Err..irunga.. Pavithra seekiram vanga.." Ashwin called.

"Naana.."

"Neenga illama eppadi..seekiram. Illana nane kattiduven.." Ashwin chided and his family laughed.

She looked at Rakshan and he smiled. "Va Pavi..seekiram.." Shivani called with a bright smile. "Vaa ma.." Mrs. Maran too welcomed her. Pavithra was over whelmed. Divorced parents, single child, father in military. You could have guessed her life. Now she had a big family welcoming her. What was she scared of? As she awkwardly moved behind Shivani positioning herself, Ashwin stood up following the priests advise. Their eyes met and he smiled.

Mangalyam tantunanena mama jeevana hetuna
kanthe badhnami subhage twam jeevasarada satam

She closed her eyes in excitement. 

The first day she saw him in his room, lying on his arms, with messed up hair staring at her when she opened her eyes appeared before her.

She bit her lips remembering the day she looked deep into his eyes, dancing with him to a random tune.

"Pavithra Kadaisi mudichi nee podu ma. Vitta avane potuduvan..." Someone in the crowd shouted.

Enakku nee venum Ashwiney..Ennoda happiness, achievements ellam share panna, kova pada, sanda poda, ippadi katti pudichi mutham kudukka..nee venum... Will you promise me to convince them. You will comply to whatever they ask for" These were her words that got etched in him.

His heart skipped a beat looking at the sacred thread around her neck which officially made them a couple. She was already HIS as Mrs. Shivani Ashwin Kumar in his heart. But he wanted to give her the identity that the society demands. This was for her own good. She just deserved it. He had taken his first step towards his promise. He felt proud.

She was yet to raise her head as the ladies were still fidgeting with the thread and her made up long hair. It definitely didn't look neat and clean as it appears in his movies.

Arunachalam closed his eyes in contentment. The last words of his favourite sister in her deathbed echoed in his ears. The guilt of being responsible for her illness and stress finally got off his chest. Now she will be right in front of his eyes forever and he will make sure she leads an happy life.

As instructed by the priest, he filled her forehead with vermillion and to everybody's surprise, he held her cheeks and kissed her forehead that moment.

"CLICK".. Tears rolled down their cheeks and the photographer captured the moment beautifully.

~

Ashwin and Shivani went around the sacred fire marking their journey as husband and wife. Then as instructed, he bent down to hold her toe to fix the toe ring.

"Mapla kazhuthula, kaila enna adi??" Some random person in the close family circle asked in general.

"Adhu mapla STUNT pannum bothu paturuchu mami.." SAM replied sincerely making Shivani close her eyes in embarrassment.

"Bayangaramana STUNT than pola.." the innocent lady remarked to Mrs.Arunachalam and she was terribly embarrassed. Mrs. Arunachalam came to know about Ashwin's "STUNT" during the Groom's nalangu that happened early in the morning. When he removed his shirt hesitantly, It didn't take her much time to connect his marks with Shivani's messed up marudhani.

Pavithra tugged Rakshan's shirt in one hand and rested her head in his shoulders and laughed unable to control herself.

"Andha Ponnu Yaaru?"

"Namma Rakshan ku paathu irukka ponnu" Malini replied her smile still intact.

"Oh!!"

While Shivani and Ashwin had other rituals to perform, Pavithra was finally left free from her duties. She didn't expect so many responsibilities from her end as Ashwin's sister. Rakshan tired himself found a chair in the corner and sat down to rest a bit before he would be looked forward again.

"Enna baby semma tired ah??"

"Aama Pavi. Engayavadhu edam kedaicha thoongiduven !! »

"Rakshan Kalyanam pannikalama ??"

"Hmm..wait enna sonna ??"

"Kalyanam pannikalama nu ketten !"

"Enna baby. Are you ok ? " he touched her forehead and she dodged it.

"Velaiyadadha baby"

"Nee than ippo kalyanam vendam nu sonna.."

"Illa Rakshan. I am serious. I think I am ready. Let's get married" she held his palms and pressed them in a reassuring manner.

"You have no idea, how long I have been waiting to hear this. But enna thideernu?"

"You know I've always feared your family. Unga amma first day enna paathu kudutha andha reaction. The emotions in joint family are over-rated. But when they embraced me as family, it felt different. Oru mathiri goosebumps ayiduchu baby. And.."

He raised his eyebrows and waiting for her to continue.

"And , I saw many girls looking at you. Sila aunty unakku alliance eh paaka arambichitanga. I cannot stand all those things. Nee enakku mattum than. Seekiram vandhu military kitta pesu. Illa na Gun eduthu suturuven." She warned.

"Unakku Wife vibes vandhuruchu Baby" he exclaimed, and she laughed.

~

With rituals done and multiple times bending down to random old couples, who claimed to have cleaned their mess when they were kids, the couple finally got a seat to relax.

"Enakku thookam varudhu Ashwiney..."

"Ma..pesadha..nan thoongitten. Manage yourself if someone comes. Especially that aunty in yellow saree...shabba...mudila.." he said and leaned down in his chair. Marriage in real life didn't appear the same as in his movies, he felt.

"Annee....vanga vanga.." she shouted nudging Ashwin with her elbows to wake up

"Yemma...sorry..vanga Pugazh"

"Madam, My wife and 10 year old my son"

"Hi...vanga..thanks for coming"

"You are the first person, I am meeting from his workplace. Sometimes I wonder if he works for mafia." Mrs. Pugazh chided while everyone laughed.

"Congratulations for your wedding" he said and gave her a present.

"Yedhuku anne idellam?" she said and both of them got the gift gracefully. While Shivani got busy talking to Pugazh's son, Pugazh shook hands with Ashwin too congratulating him. Rakshan who came there with his mobile, stopped and listened to Pugazh.

"I am very happy that she got married now." Pugazh said, his eyes on Shivani and his wife. Ashwin looked at Pugazh.

"Getting married for Green-card, permanent citizenship, exist, but your register marriage created havoc in the office. Andha ponnu neraya paathuta. Neraya kettuta. You know only little of what she went through. The first time she reacted to the gossip was only after you confronted Kathiresan that day. But things changed after that day. My judgement about her and your relationship changed. Adhuku munnadi, enaku unga mela avlo periya image ellam illa"

The bold confrontation from Pugazh who spoke very little that too only for work, surprised Ashwin.

"Madam always talks high about you. But I had a hitch, that you both never talked about actual marriage.. Now I am happy. She doesn't have to hear unnecessary words from unworthy people. I might have gone overboard."

"Sorry sir. Enna yaarun ippadi vai neraya Anne nu kooptadhe illa. Maybe that's why I am forced to tell you these things from a brother's stand!" Pugazh explained.

Rakshan always doubted Pugazh's intention. Though there was no hitch in his work, but Pugazh's perfection also didn't seem right. Something about Pugazh always disturbed him. For the first time, he felt his judgement about Pugazh to be wrong after hearing the conversation. He quietly moved away after inviting Pugazh and his family to join for the pandhi(lunch).

~

"Sorry Ashwiney...nee ippo thoongu.."

"Parava illa ma. Thookam poiduchu.. »

He held her hand and she looked at him. He turned her palm to look at her messed up marudhani.

"Sorry ma. Photos ellam theriyum. I shouldn't have messed up" he said lost in Pugazh's words.

"Correct than. Nalakku namma pasanga ketta, nan enna solradhu ? Unga appa panna STUNT la en marudhani kalanjiruchu na ? » she said laughing at his serious face.

"Ma nan evlo serious pesaren!"

"Nanum serious ah than solren"

"Psch.."

"Inga paru Ashwiney. Indha kalanja marudhani pinnadi neraya beautiful memories irukku. It reminds me of that night. It reminds me of all the kisses that you showered. It reminds me how much I was scared to lose you. That's why I asked the photographer to capture this messed up Marudhani. This will always be a memory to cherish" she said smiling at her marudhani, half concentrating on him, unaware of Ashwin's thoughts.

She looked stunning on the bridal saree. And she appeared breath taking, while she blushed. Reminding him of that night, she had made him blush too.

"Azhaga irukka" he said and she smiled.

He turned her palms and looked at her nails.

"Shivani.."

"Hmm.."

"You should cut your nails.."

"Mudiyadhu pa. Enakku valaravey valaradhu pa. I am going to maintain this"

"Ma. Nan pavam illa"

"enna Ashwiney olarra??..ss..ohh...." she reacted as she realised what he meant.

The auspicious time to leave to their home was yet to come. So they were still relaxing around. Kids continued to play in the almost empty wedding hall.

"Mama shooting vera poganum. Please ma.." he relaxed on the chair a bit to reach her ears and pleaded.

"Nan oru better idea sollata !" she asked.

"Hmm..sollu ma"

"Onnume panna vendam. Nee shooting po" she said and the next moment she winced in pain as he pinched her bare waist with his left hand

"Edhukku ya ippadi kilra.." she complained in whisper, trying her best not to lose her control.

"yenna inga vachi kadika mudiyadhu illa.." he said looking at the crowd as if nothing happened around.

"unna..ah..vanga mami.." she welcomed the lady in yellow saree about whom Ashwin had complained a few minutes back.

"Ayyo evlo azhaga irukka. Devi ku than paaka kuduthu vaikala." She sniffed her nose with momentary sadness and the couple looked at each other. How much ever Shivani thought, she could not remember this lady being there for Devi anytime. Some relatives are weird in their own way.

"Appuram Ashwin. Edho Periya STUNT panna nu ellarum pesikaranga. Adhu endha padathula varum ? «

"Adhu,..dha..ba..Varum mami. Seekiram varum" he shuttered and she bit her cheeks and laughed.

"Seri pa. Enga ponna nalla pathuko. STUNT ellam pannadha seriya !" she advised and left.

"Enna Ashwin. Ooru fulla unga Stunt pathi dhan pechu pola.." Pavithra said and settled next to Shivani. Looking at the commotion, Rakshan and Nisha joined them.

"Yen ma nee vera? Indha SAM ah nan kolla poren paru..unakku siripa irukku illa?" he asked his wife who was still laughing.

"Rakshan, Andha STUNT master, sorry Tea master ku settlement pannanum." Nisha spoke to SAM little loud as they were near and settled with the crowd Everybody laughed at Ashwin.

"Ayyo mudila Ashwiney.." Shivani held Ashwin's arms and laughed.

"Idha Rathiri sollu" he said making her go red instantly.

"Ayyo innum nan inga Thanda irukken.." Rakshan whined.

Seri Vanga, namma selfie edukalam, Pavithra said and everybody smiled at the camera Wholeheartedly.

Author's Pen!

Sorry. Author ku Story flow struck ayiduchu. How should the wedding be? Fun? Romantic? Emotional? Or with a Twist? 

Your feedback please! Constructive criticism is always welcome. Technical Details about wedding are from Google! Also you can connect me in my Insta ID - nithi_newlife

Love 

Author!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

506K 59.8K 147
Lathi vs Wooden scale..πŸ’πŸ»β€β™€οΈ Yedhu perusunu adichu kaamippo vaanga!!!😌🌝
265K 15.4K 50
So this is basically my version of an Ashaangi fan fiction... I have tried to portray AK and SK just as they are and not going overboard.... You can...
18.2K 1.3K 40
sacrifice..... this word itself will give depth of pain it has πŸ˜”πŸ˜”. lets unlock the story of a longing girl who struggles to achieve her dream of lo...
60.4K 5.2K 13
Some crazy one shot collection of our favourite pair πŸ’œπŸ˜