HSMTMTS: The Core Four 2

By Mikester2008

Superhero school is back in session! Thrilled by their epic fights against Nightmare and the Cosmic Witch, Ri... More

Character Introduction
Poster Easter Eggs
Trailer
Powers Explained
Nini
Gina
EJ
Ricky
PLOT TWIST!
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
Suits
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
New Powers
45
46
47
48
49
50
Zack Roy's Powers
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
New Suits
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
Myles Powers
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
Allison Bowen
97
98
99
100
101
102
103
104
105
106
107
108
109
110
111
112
113
114
115
116
Nini
Gina
EJ
Ricky
After Credits
Number 3!
Surprise After Credits

9

172 5 7
By Mikester2008

Nini's POV

We have everyone other than Ricky meet up at Slices. Now, this group does include Kaden, Mal, Sadia, Jean, and Bruce. The others met them and they became a part of our gang. The reason we didn't have Ricky meet up with us is that this conversation is actually about him.

"Okay, what's up?" Gina asks. "EJ and I wanna talk to you guys about something" I grin and EJ takes over.

"Ricky's 16 birthday is tomorrow. He hasn't had a birthday party since he was 4."

"Why?" Kaden asks. "Family matters" I simply say, not wanting to put Ricky's business in the open. "So since he's in...let's say a happier mood now, we were thinking of throwing him a big 16 party!" The others quickly nod and start to mummer in agreement.

"Where would it be?" Jack asks.

"Red, we were hoping if we could have it here tomorrow," EJ says. "Of course, anything for Ricky!"

"Great, so tomorrow we can all come here and start preparing!" I smile. "We just need someone to hang with Ricky so he won't get too suspicious. Any volunteers?"

"I'll do it!" Walker volunteers, surprising all of us. "Ricky's been wanting to teach me how to skateboard, guess I can keep him busy until we're ready."

"Great, soo tomorrow, I can text you about when to bring him over."

The others start to talk, but Red pulls me and EJ to the side. "Are you guys sure he wants a party?"

"What do you mean?" EJ asks.

"You guys know what happened on his 4th party, he's also not the biggest fan of surprises, you guys really think he wants to remember that?"

EJ and I both share a concerned look. Ricky hasn't had a party since he was a kid and we wanted to throw him one so bad, we didn't even think of the memories that would come back to him. "We didn't think about that."

"I'm sorry guys-"

"No, no, Red, it's fine, you were just looking out," EJ tells him. "But I still think we should, it's too late to cancel."

"Okay, if you guys say so, I'll support it, I'll ask my mom if we can do it."

"Thank you, Big Red" I smile, giving him a hug. I just really hope this goes well.

Ricky's POV (The next day)

I wake up without a smile this time. It's the 22nd, it's my birthday, I'm officially 16. I know I should be happy, but I'm not the biggest fan of celebrating my birthday, it was always the same: "she" would hit me, "he" would smirk and watch, and my dad would sneak me a special cake in my room and I would spend the day with EJ, Red, and Nini.

Even if it may be different because "they" aren't here anymore, I still don't think I can celebrate.

"Ricky, bud! Can you come here please!" My dad calls out.

I get up and walk into the kitchen to see a chocolate cake, my favorite! "Dad, when did you learn how to bake?"

"I didn't, I bought this while you were still sleeping," he says, smiling and I chuckle. "Happy 16, buddy" he kisses my forehead. He grabs his lighter and lights the candles. "Make a wish."

I close my eyes and think to myself for a moment. I wish I could redo my 4th birthday party. I blow out the candles and my dad cheers like I'm 2. "So what'd you wish for?"

"Just for a good day, I mean, now that things are better, maybe I can finally have a good birthday, huh?" I laugh, but my dad's mood kinda fades. What's wrong. "You okay, dad?" I ask concerned. Things are better now, right?

"Yeah, bud, I'm okay,...just" he shrugs. "You're 16, my little boy who's already a superhero's becoming a man, I'm not ready" he jokes, peppering my face with kisses. "Dad, stop!"

"Okay, okay, I'm sorry, but can you blame me? It's just you and me now, the Bowen boys."

"Please, don't start calling us that" I chuckle.

"Whatever, go get ready so you can enjoy the rest of your day" he grins and I walk off. This is gonna be the best birthday ever!

Mike's POV

As I hear Ricky close the door, I start to get worried. I go to the draw and search for the paper I was given a few days ago, I know I have to tell him, but it's his birthday, this will bring him down. I want to do this, but the question is if he'll want to.

I know he won't admit it, but I know he misses his mom, cause I know I do, even if she put me in jail. If I do this, we'll both be reminded of her every day, but maybe it'll be good for both of us.

Ricky's POV

I walk out of the room ready to eat the cake. To say I look good would be an understatement, not to brag.

Ricky's outfit

When I walk in, I grab a plate and a fork. My dad starts to cut the cake and we both eat. "So, what are you doing today?" He asks.

"Well," I start to think for myself. "If I know my friends, and I do, they probably already have plans for me." Only a few seconds after I say that, my phone starts to ring, how'd I know? I pick it up and see Walker calling me, almost immediately I answer. "Hey, Artist" I grin.

"Hey Ricky, is it okay if I come over later, maybe you can teach me how to skateboard again?"

"Um, yeah, sure, come over."

"You sure, I know it's your birthday and all."

"No, no, please, come over" I insist. I don't know why I'm doing that. "Okay, see ya," he says, why do I feel like, on the other side, he's smiling as much as I am. "Bye!" I say and hang up the phone.

"Ooh, who was that?" Dad smirks at me. "That's Walker, he's a friend, he's coming over today, is that okay?"

"You're the birthday boy, I'm not gonna say no."

"Really, well then, can I have a dog."

"Don't push it, Rick."

"Yeah, okay" we both start to laugh. "So...you wanna tell me more about 'Artist'" He nudges my shoulder. "There's nothing to tell" I shrug.

"Really, cause I haven't seen you smile that much sense you watch Harry Styles" he laughs, recalling every time I would sing loudly to every Harry Styles song I heard. That's different, I think he's a nice guy, doesn't say too much, but when he talks, it matters. He's just cool. Who doesn't think Harry Styles is cool? Also, he's hot, you know? He's very charming too. Wait, what...know I didn't mean it like...what I meant was...I don't really know what I meant.

"Whatever dad, he's just my friend" I roll my eyes, shoving my mouth to clear my head. "You say that now, but the next day you're gonna run into this apartment saying you're in love!"

Nuh, uh not happening. I raise my hand and move my fingers around and gold energy circles around his plate, floating into the air. He tries to reach for it, but I raise it higher. "Richard, I will ground you on your birthday."

I roll my eyes and bring his cake back down. "Thank you, now I gotta go to work, but we're gonna celebrate later, I promise you" he smiles, kisses my forehead, and goes to pack his stuff. I can't wait! Speaking of which, I should get ready for the cute artist to come over.

COOL! I mean the cool, nice, sweet artist to come over! What is wrong with me?

Okay, this decision was very last-minute, but I decided to give Ricky a little something special. So you don't have to worry about anything bad happening in the next chapter or the next, I can't say the same for the next few chapters, sorry.  Hoping they do another birthday party in Season 3, either 3 or 4, please. The next few chapters are gonna be about happy Ricky, yay!! Not to mention Wicky! Stay safe and have a great day or night, wherever you are.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 55 35
Is it just a showmance? Or could it more? Nini and Ricky gets casted as the leads in their school's drama performance. Everyone can sense their chem...
231K 5.9K 60
an au where the two richest and most popular people hate each other so much that they fall in love
175K 3K 37
•JUST FOR A MOMENT• collection of one-shots about ricky and nini from high school musical: the musical: the series! !! some may be OOC !! sadly, i d...
26.6K 749 69
Ricky Bowen, Nini Salazar-Roberts, E.J. Caswell, and Gina Porter are a group of friends that are part of a bigger group of friends. Their all enroll...