The World's Fastest Cuber

By CloudboiAzzy

A short fictional story about becoming the world's fastest cuber, solving Rubik's cubes. I actually wrote thi... More

Discovery
Humble Beginnings
To One Minute
Sub-20 Seconds
First Sub-10
Finding Out About Comps
Losing Hope
Gaining Hope
Helpful Tips
Second And Third Solves
Fourth Solve
The Final Solve
I Am The World's Fastest Cuber

First Competition Solve

4 1 0
By CloudboiAzzy

Well, today is the competition. I am excited, nervous, hopeful and scared all at the same time as I walk into the venue.

I sit in the waiting area until I hear my name called for 3x3. I walk up to the folding table and sit down in the folding chair, a cube cover concealing the scrambled puzzle, placed on top of a mat with a hand timer, in front of me.

The judge sitting next to me asks if I’m ready. I take a few deep breaths to calm myself down, assuring myself that “I got this, I got this,” and finally answer him with a “yes”.

He pulls off the cube cover and starts his stopwatch to count my inspection time.

I swiftly grab the cube and look for the cross pieces, my heart beating quickly.

The scramble doesn’t look all that great, but I have to start the solve since my inspection time is running out; the judge already called out the eight and twelve-second marks.

I place my hands on the timer, then take them off to start it, and I pick the twisty puzzle up. I execute the moves I had planned and go for the rest of the solve, nothing seeming too lucky but not terrible either.

I finish the solve and quickly put my hands on the timer to stop it. My first official time of 5.22 seconds is a pretty good one, but not exactly on pace to beat the world-record average of five of 5.09 seconds set by Feliks Zemdegs.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

226M 6.9M 92
When billionaire bad boy Eros meets shy, nerdy Jade, he doesn't recognize her from his past. Will they be able to look past their secrets and fall in...
28.9M 917K 49
[BOOK ONE] [Completed] [Voted #1 Best Action Story in the 2019 Fiction Awards] Liam Luciano is one of the most feared men in all the world. At the yo...
28.9K 382 61
A WOSO Oneshot book Oneshots of favourite Women's footballers Mainly the Lionesses, Arsenal Women's team,Chelsea Women's team, Man City Women's team...
90.7M 2.9M 134
He was so close, his breath hit my lips. His eyes darted from my eyes to my lips. I stared intently, awaiting his next move. His lips fell near my ea...