Women of Strength

By Puvashneem

Pragya Arora was tired of being cast aside, of being misunderstood, finally she was ready to walk again, to b... More

The beginning of The End.
Who is Jiju
Points to note.
Dont You Dare...
Who is Pragya Arora Arjun Kapoor
The weak links.
The Fallen Rockstar.
The Plan
Seasons
Blossoming hearts and First Day Blues
The lady of the House
The Witness
What it feels like
Revelations
Rishta
Exposure
What The hell..
Newly Wedded Bliss
Chemistry

Reflection

1.8K 64 4
By Puvashneem

Pragya instructed the driver to bring her mother, grandmother, younger sister and children directly to their home and they would all meet there.

She hadn't expected Rishabh and Sameer to leave and cut all ties with their family but then again as she watched him across from her she noticed him deep in thought. In a way she understood what he was feeling if it was hard when she was pretending she could only imagine how hard it was for him.

They reached the Kapoor mansion, and her family had already arrived, finally they didn't have to pretend to be middle class anymore even before her Sham of a marriage to the so called Rockstar, Pragya had made investments for her future, for her families future, but they stayed in their simple life, because they were happy until that dreadful family approached their home for a marriage. Oh well no use crying over her own stupidity.

The family were all shown to their individual rooms while Pragya went with Arjun to their home office, to discuss their plans.

Arjun: " I can practically see your machine mind working, tell me baby whats on your mind".

Pragya: " Business needs made us return to India,but it was at a time when our family needed me most, I'm angry that I left them here exposed, I should have protected them more."

Arjun: " You did the best you could, and we know that Sarlama didn't want to a life of wealth especially after the same wealth took her away from her husband and children, Look baby we all together now that's all that matters."

She looked at her husband, her rock, he always stood beside her keeping her calm, making her so reason.

Pragya: " How did I get so lucky to marry my best friend"  she said

Arjun hugged his wife placing a kiss on her forehead. He had always loved her for as long as he could remember, he was devastated when he got back from Australia to find that she was married and to a Rockstar no less, to avoid causing her any problems he left without even meeting her once, if only he stopped to have a conversation he could have prevented her heartbreak but it's the past and they were together now finally.

The couple went downstairs to find the family being served refreshments in the living area.

Shristi: " Di does this mean I can go back to fashion designing".

Pragya: " Yes. Everyone must now take their places, we cannot run from who we are nor can we allow ourselves to be weak to our enemies. People took our respect and kindness as a weakness and we just allowed them we cannot do that anymore"

Sarla:" I'm sorry Beta, because of my decisions my children had to face heartbreak and disrespect" .

Pragya: " No MA don't blame yourself, it is other people's wickedness that's to blame, you raised us the best way. When everyone else wishes for sons, you were content with your 4 daughters, now is our time to shine"

The family spent some time together before retiring for bed, unknowing that Pragya had set the ball in motion that once and for all her past present and future will be altered, she had to put it to rest that much she knew.

In the Mehra Mansion a conversation was taking place.

Aaliya: " Bhai you know Arjun Kapoor is in town, you know he is a big business man and he can get you many deals, we have to find a way to meet him" .

Purab: " Arjun Kapoor, I know that name he is an Austrailian industrialist right, but as far as I know his best friend is the majority share holder, so if anything we have to impress that person".

Disha smirked listening to the conversation. If only they knew, they are inviting their own destruction.

Tanu: " Arjun Kapoor, wow he's very handsome and also  one of the biggest fashion houses, modeling agencies and make up brands are under his company. SA Products, their dressed are beautifully designed, I personally only use that brand of make up. "

Abhi: " Not that it helps you, but it's nice to know how you spend my money, And you are no longer a model Tanu, you are a has been, models have sell by dates and you dear definitely reached yours".

Purab and disha struggled to hide their laughter while Tanu fumed with anger. After everything she had done to get Abhi, her so called married life was anything but happy, her husband refused to touch her and spent most of his time avoiding her.

Aaliya; " never mind all that I have to find a way to meet him and strike a business deal with him ".

Aaliya Mehra did not change all she ever looked out for was herself, she was the master at pulling the puppet strings on her brother, he was an emotional idiot. And since she got rid of that middle class woman from his life, he danced solely to her tunes.

She had succeeded in driving a rift between Disha and Purab, when she convinced Purab that disha was not careful and that's how she lost her baby when in truth Aaliya had been causing her to have little mishaps all the time eventually leading to a miscarriage. They had not tried again.

She smirked, mentally patting herself on the back.

Everyone retired to their beds, they did not know the storm that was about to come, that after many years the wheels they set in motion will turn and come back leaving them shattered and broken in its wake, strong people could come back from anything but weak minded, evil minded people they would get their Just desserts.

In a dark cell at the basement of a prison a woman was tied  to a chair, she had been tortured, broken and now finally she shouted" I will tell you everything, Just stop please , death is better than this" .

And the torturer smiled ready to take back the game.

The next morning, an investigation had begun, Raman Bhalla was the lead investigator, since he was a lawyer and a Commisioner of Police no one could get one over on him, He got into his car with a few of his best officers and set out.

A door bell rang and was answered,

" I'm here to see Mr Abhishek Mehra".

" Yes sir, I will just call him." The little man rushed away in beads of sweat he hated working here ever since his Bhabi left, but he had no choice, he had a family to support. He knocked on the door of bedroom door and explained that someone was there to see him

ABhi" I will be right down,tell Purab sir as well".

Robin nodded and walked away.

Abhi walked downstairs with swag and ego.

Abhi" Yes Inspector, what can I do for you".

Raman: " I am not an inspector. My name is Commisioner Raman Bhalla, and I'm here to tell you that we have reopened the investigation into you grandmother's death".

Tanu who was just coming down the stairs dropped everything she was holding and the blood drained from her face. TANUS MIND" no if that happens they will know the truth" .

Abhi: " That case was closed 4 years ago inspector, you have the culprit under lock and key, Simonika with the help of that foolish woman I married".

Raman angered by the insult against the woman he considered his sister remained calm and said " Well Mr Mehra,  New evidence has come to light, we have technology we didn't have 4 years ago, In fact  A good friend of mine developed ways to recover deleted footage as well as trace calls and India has now also started using DNA testing and finger prints can be matched, all these things were collected at the scene of the crime but never tested. It has come to our knowledge that someone paid for evidence to be suppressed but I don't take well to things being hidden( he looked directly at Tanu and smirked at her demeanor). So Simonika has told us everything from start to finish, once the testing is complete we will be able to arrest all parties involved. It is our duty to inform you, please come to the station today as we will be taking statements from everyone".

Abhi: " Well not everyone,the person responsible who has all the answers won't be present".

Raman : " You worry about your statement Mr Mehra. I very well know how to do my job."

And with that he left.

The Mehras were confused

Daasi: " See Abhi. I told you it wasn't my Pragya Bahu, but you didn't listen,  don't know where my child is. "

Tanu" Daasi,  I am your bahu".

Daasi: " No you are the evil we are forced to live with".

Aaliya: " Regardless, Daasi, Tanu is Bhais wife,  Bhai say something".

Abhi: " Purab let's go".

The two men left and got into the car.

Abhi" What evidence do you think they have, she was wrong Purab  I asked her not to leave the house, she was wrong I know it".

Purab looked at his best friend, he had always misunderstood his Pragya di, in a way he did her a favor by sending her away from the constant insult and he knew that she was not wrong, if only anyone listened to her side but even I failed her.

They reached the police station and walked in .

As they waited to give their statement Abhi stilled, he felt her presence, he heard a voice , he could smell her, " I'm here to see Commisioner Bhalla" when he turned around the person was gone. It couldn't have been her ,she was just on his mind because of what Daasi said.
He brushed the thought and went to give his statement. As he was speaking he heard the voice again. " Excuse me have you seen my husband "

" Yes mam through that set of doors".

By the time Abhi Got there again the person was gone but the scent of her lingered. He thought back to what she said " Every human has their own unique scent "

Like a man in a desert searching for water Abhisheik Mehra roamed the police station searching for the voice he saw her the silhoutte of her back as she got into a car which drove away, he ran after the car shouting her name before falling to his knees.

Flashes of memories went through his mind

But still.he couldn't forgive her.  He loved her and hated her at the same times

Purab found him there. Shocked he asked " Abhi"

Abhi" She's back Purab, she's back...."

End of chapter.

Not proof read

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.7K 3K 35
Herr u won't be able to read whole story, just jump in...😊
4.7K 268 10
An alternate take on the 2 year leap in 'Kumkum bhagya'. Pragya returns to Delhi and finds she had been living a lie for the past two years and that...
17.4K 857 7
Story starts from current track because I can't see Mish like this , crying and blaming herself for the act she did in self defense. [ Was frustrated...
9.1K 758 21
All her life.... she wanted someone to trust her, understand her, and support her. She did got one....but past love and present one got mixed with e...