The Seven, and their Wealth.

Bởi HarlowPascall

Set to play out over four parts, the good, the bad, and the outright ugly come to a head in the wealthy subur... Xem Thêm

Prologue
I - Jenner.
II - Clinton.
III - Kiara.
IV - Naledi.
V - Elijah.
VII - Kiara
VIII - Jenner
IX - Alexander.
X - Clinton.
XI - Jenner
XII - Elijah
XIII - Kiara.
XIV - Alexander.
XV - Naledi.
XVI - Clinton.
XVII - Jackson.
XVIII - Elijah.
XIX - Joburg By The Dam Festival (1).
XX - Joburg By The Dam Festival (2).

VI - Naledi.

11 2 0
Bởi HarlowPascall

After all those countless hours spent listening to that playlist in a bid to move on from him, Naledi found herself back in square one as she laid her eyes on Elijah – who was equally as shellshocked. Still 6'1, kinky hair, and in those Air Jordan's, he was in almost the exact same look she last left him in, and the emotions suddenly were flowing.

'What ... uh, what are you doing here?' he asked, coy in his tone.

'It's a party, is it not?'

'Yeah, no, I get that,' Elijah responded being flustered. 'But I mean, you know ...'

'Uh, I think I will get going. I have someone to find.'

'Wait, no!'

That seemed far much eager than he wanted it to be, and Naledi stopped in her tracks. Oh, on his side, the breakup was necessary citing reasons he hasn't really told anyone, and believe it or not, Elijah had been trying to get into contact with Naledi to explain why he did what he did. He understands the gravity of abruptly ending a two-year relationship, but he wouldn't have done it unless it was absolutely necessary.

He looked deep into her eyes. It was strange, the warmth that had once been there was now absent, Naledi looked at Elijah with an icy cold glare that made his palms sweat.

'How was your New Year?'

'Are you being serious right now?' she asked, folding her arms.

'I mean ... I am sorry, I was just trying to make conversation. That was a terrible attempt. Look Naledi, I miss you.'

She scoffed.

'I am serious. Can we go somewhere private ... to talk?'

'Alright handsome, here's the punch you asked for,' Tshiamo announced, handing one red cup filled with fruit punch to a perplexed Elijah.

Naledi smiled incredulously.

'It seems like there is nothing to talk about.'

'What are we talking about? This looks like a super serious conversation.'

'Hi, I am Naledi.' Naledi extended her hand, knowing that she was going to immediately reach for her hand sanitizer after.

'Tshiamo.'

'Nice to meet you Tshiamo. I won't be a bother anymore.'

'Where are you going Naledi?' Elijah asked.

'That, sir, is really none of your business.'

'Naledi, I really just need two minutes. Can we please talk?'

'I do not think my boyfriend would want me talking privately with guys at a party.'

Elijah could feel his heart slowly sink as those words were uttered by Naledi. She was quick and nonchalant in her delivery, meaning that it was true. This comes after Elijah convinced himself that it would take her some time to get over the relationship meaning he still had enough time to try and rekindle their love. But hearing that she did, in fact, move on was like a punch to the gut. It made him feel weird and he wanted to throw up.

Naledi adjusted her studded earring.

'Now if you'll excuse me.'

'Wait,' Elijah spoke again. 'Can I ... meet the dude?'

'I beg your pardon?'

'I mean it's only fair that I do, I mean you met Tshiamo,' he responded, finding his bravado again and wrapping his around Tshiamo, who started blushing immensely.

You probably are asking yourself if he is the jealous kind. To put you out of your misery, yes. Elijah is deeply protective of what he deems is his and Naledi is one of them, so the idea that she is now making out and cuddling with some other dude was something he would not allow.

Naledi looked at him, shocked.

'So Tshiamo is your girlfriend?'

'Yeah, it's been brewing for some time.'

Tshiamo knew he was lying but was just playing along because one she had a thirst for drama and two, she was having a massive crush on Elijah. The night was not going to end without them having had sex. That's a promise.

"For some time?" This moron is unbelievable, Naledi thought to herself.

'So do I get the chance to meet your boyfriend?' he asked, realizing that she might be bluffing. Checkmate Naledi.

She let out a lungful.

'Right this way,' she responded, wiping the little smirk that grew on his face. Okay, so she might not be bluffing after all.

They spent the next handful of minutes navigating through the crowd, Naledi scanning the crowd and trying to decide who would be able to play along. Most weren't satisfactory enough because her objective now was to find someone so good-looking that it would be the final blow to Elijah's confidence.

She could hear Elijah and Tshiamo whisper to each other as they walk and would sneak glances at them holding hands. Every part of her wanted to erupt and give him an earful but she would have to wait. No man was worth losing your sanity over in public.

Naledi was starting to regret saying that word. She could have just said "best friend", and this wouldn't have to be a thing, and Elijah was growing unsure with every second that passed. Every part of him was hoping that she would just give it up.

'Are you sure he is here tonight?'

Naledi surveyed the crowd until she spotted a familiar face.

'Yes. Follow me.'

The crew made a beeline for the guy she had a little encounter with earlier. Do you know? The one who nearly spilled the beer on her. The laugh he shared with his friends faded at the sight of these three people approaching him, with the leader smiling brightly at him.

'Hey babe, there you are!' Naledi exclaimed with a bright smile. She pulled him into a hug and kissed his cheek, leaving the guy and all his friends shocked.

He was so confused. Neatly dressed though, that buzzcut fade was just the cream of the crop.

After looking back and forth between the girl and her friends, he broke into a grin.

'Uh yeah pumpkin, I was wondering where'd you ran off too.'

Elijah cleared his throat.

'Oh babe, this is Tshiamo and her boyfriend Elijah. They wanted to meet you because I could not stop talking about you.'

He shook both their hands.

'Clinton. Clinton Motsepe, I hope it was good things.'

Tshiamo giggled.

'The best.'

Clinton had an epiphany. He knew what was going on, or at least he did. Well, what he got was that Naledi was using him as a pawn, to either impress the dude or make the girl jealous. That did not matter, what mattered was that he was the one who was picked, and he was going to make the most of the chance.

I mean the girl was smoking hot. He'd be a fool to turn her down.

Clinton's friends excused themselves, as the four went into the house and took on the couches in the crowded living room. It was loud, but they were going to make do with what they had.

'So, Clinton, where you from bro?' Elijah asked, wrapping his arm around Tshiamo as a direct response to Clinton who had already done that.

'Joburg. Bryanston.'

'Oh cool, you from the north too?'

Clinton tipped his cup at Elijah before taking a sip.

'How'd you guys meet?'

'I don't think that's any of your business, Elijah,' Naledi hissed.

A grin grew on his face as the four fell silent.

Naledi hated the sight of the grin. He was enjoying this much more than he should be and it rubbed her the wrong way.

She started caressing Clinton's hand and whispered in his ear prompting a giggle from them both.

Anyone from the outside looking in would be quick to mention that both Naledi and Elijah were immature and rather bitter. But once you've been in this situation or something similar, you soon learn that you do what you must. If it means pretending to be the girlfriend of some hot stranger at a random party during a pandemic for a night ... so. Be. It!

The tension was diffused with the arrival of Clinton's friends again, who were still in awe that their friend actually did not tell them about the girlfriend he had. They all spoke light-heartedly, being sure to avoid asking questions that were sure to offend the other. However, regardless of the banter and laughs among everyone, Elijah still could not look past the fact that Naledi actually moved on.

'Hey babe, can I speak to you for a second?' Clinton asked.

Naledi smiled, and he led her out of the house into one of the rooms upstairs, which was quiet enough to have a conversation but the bass of the music still thumping.

Clinton cleared his throat and closed the door.

'What the hell?'

'I know, I am sorry.'

'Who the hell are you even and what's your deal with those guys?'

'It's a long story, it's pretty messed up, but I just need it to be for tonight please.'

Clinton crossed his arms.

'Give me the summary.'

Naledi sighed.

'Fine, so the guy is my ex. He broke up with me right before we ushered in 2022, and I had no idea he was going to be here tonight. I bumped into him, and there was that girl next to him. I assumed they were dating because she brought him punch and so I wanted to make him jealous.'

'By using me?'

'Believe me, it was not intentional. He noticed that I was lost and asked who I was looking for. In my need to upset him, I told him that I was looking for my boyfriend and so we walked through the crowd until I spotted a familiar face.'

'Me?'

Naledi nodded, before looking away. It was slightly embarrassing but at least he now knew what was going on.

'Look, I know it's messed up but it's just for tonight. Please?'

'Why'd you guys break up?'

'I don't the real reason, he never really explained. I just got a text saying he could not continue with me anymore and shit.'

'This was right before the new year, you say?'

Naledi nodded before she looked out the window. Even more embarrassed. The first time she spoke to anyone about her breakup apart from her mother, it just had to be with a stranger from a party.

Funny how life works.

Clinton lowered his shoulders and cautiously the foot of the bed where Naledi sat with her arms crossed.

'That's pretty messed up and I am sorry you had to deal with that,' he spoke much calmer than before. 'Do you think that girl could be the reason why he left you?'

'I don't know. Frankly, I don't care. I just want to get through the night and never see him again!'

'Sounds like you aren't over him.'

'Oh, believe me, I am. I just want this night to be one he regrets ever doing wrong by me.'

'You seem so sure that it's working.'

Naledi smiled.

'I know it is. Elijah is the jealous kind. He is not showing it, but he is seething inside.'

Clinton laughed, slightly.

'Relationships can be quite something else hey.'

'You aren't in one?'

'Not currently no.'

'Phew! I was worried that I was going to have to convince some other hon that it's not what it looks like.'

'Nah, you're safe,' Clinton laughed again. 'We should head back out there before ...'

'Oh yeah definitely.'

Clinton took her hand, while they both smiled, and right before he reached for the door handle, he paused in his tracks.

'Does this mean we will kiss at any moment?'

Naledi grimaced. She was not opposed to it; she just wasn't entirely thrilled at the idea either.

'If the situation warrants a kiss. Then so be it.'

They returned to the sofa under the watchful eye of everyone there. What worried Elijah the most was the smiles on both their faces like he could just slap it out of the both of them and tell this dude that Naledi is his.

Vusumuzi, deep in his excitement for the breaking news, rubbed his hands together and spoke up.

'Since you're both couples, why don't we play a little game?'

'What game?' Tshiamo asked, getting skeptical. 'Who are you even?'

'Vusi, at your service. Your boyfriend's best friend.'

She squinted her eyes.

'I would like to see which couple can get the freakiest. Give us the freakiest kiss imaginable.'

Clinton's other friends started cheering at the suggestion, which seemed like a great way to spice up the evening.

Tshiamo shrugged and put her drink aside.

She leaned in for a sultry kiss that Elijah reciprocated by caressing her thigh, there were minor cheers before he finally moved up to her neck and lightly choked it. They soon went to outright showing the tongues wrestling against each other and the cheers got louder.

Pretty impressive for a pair of people that only started talking about an hour ago.

'Your turn sunshine?' Elijah grinned.

Naledi was immediately regretting her If the situation warrants it comment because now the situation actually warranted a kiss from the two.

'We don't have to do it if you don't want to ...' Clinton suggested.

'Nah, fuck that!' Vusi responded. 'Let me put it like this, if you guys are able to outdo Tshiamo and her man, you guys get a gift.'

'What's the gift?'

'A thousand rands.'

'Pass. I am not kissing for a thousand rands.'

The crowd started booing Naledi's response, as they had managed to grab the attention of people nearby.

'Let me make it interesting. I'll match this gent's contribution if you are able to kiss him,' Elijah offered, feeling a little brave.

From being unsure to wanting to do it. There was just something about Elijah's bravery that Naledi wanted to kill. If it meant kissing Clinton, bagging two-thousand rands, and the cheer of the crowd, then it will be.

She mounted Clinton, who started gently caressing her buttocks. They locked eyes, and Naledi never really noticed how good-looking they were until now. He looked so seductive, and a grin grew on her face because she knew she was surely going to enjoy this.

Their kiss started slow, but it got more passionate as they established their rhythm. The crowd started cheering, and the kiss got more intense as they repeated the earlier move of showing tongues. Heck, Naledi thought to take it one step further by pulling Clinton's cheeks together and spitting in his forcibly opened mouth.

The cheers reached their peaks as they went back to regular kisses. By this time Clinton's grip on her buttocks was firm and a boner definitely grew. It was definitely the hottest kiss he'd ever endured and never thought how hot he would find a girl that took control.

'I'll take that money electronically thanks,' Naledi finally spoke after getting off him and resting her head on his shoulder.

'Well damn bro, you scored yourself a freaky one!'

Clinton grinned.

'What can I say?'

Their fingers interlocked and it was smiles all around as Elijah tried his best to mask his jealousy. Naledi liked the sight that befell her, and she would be sure to remember this night. The night Elijah was introduced to karma.

Jenner watching from the distance could not help but be bothered by what she just saw. A part of her wanted to approach the group of people, but it already turned into the longest night and the last she wanted was to make it even longer. She navigated her way to the front gate of the house before finding her down the long line of parked cars on the street.

She knew showing up was going to be a bad idea, and this was proof that listening to your gut instinct was important.

Another one bites the dust, she thought as she pressed the start button.

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

2.1M 83.5K 68
how far would you go . . . for someone you love? ♔ Levi steps forward, placing himself between me and Jack. Like he's protecting me from him. But I d...
440 43 18
"He's the type of fire that can set a whole garden on burning flames with his aura & She's the type of flower that can still bloom after a forest fir...
309 37 19
It's been 3 years since Ava Clarkson shifted towns. Starting her new life she decided to put the past behind her and live a ordinary life but will th...
52.4K 2.3K 102
[COMPLETELY EDITED AND FINISHED] What happens when you fall in love with your enemy? Well you do know what happens, your family abandons you and all...