Bloodline and Kin (Gifted Wer...

By Zahra113970

Reed has just lost his mother when his best friend suggests he finds some happiness by finding his mate. Sim... More

Prologue
1: Simone
2: Reed
3: Simone
4: Reed
5: Simone
6: Reed
7 Simone
8: Reed
9: Simone
10: Reed
11: Simone
12: Reed
13: Simone
14: Reed
15: Simone
16: Reed
17: Simone
18: Reed
19: Simone
20: Reed
21: Simone
22: Reed
23: Simone
24: Reed
25: Simone
26: Reed
27: Simone
28: Reed
29: Simone
30: Reed
31: Simone
32: Reed
34: Reed
35: Simone
36: Reed
Epilogue
Book Three

33: Simone

42 0 0
By Zahra113970

I told Reed what had happened in the warehouse and everything from then until the present time. He listened attentively, eyes fixed on me carefully and watching my every nervous movement. I was expecting him to interrupt like he did before the attack yesterday, but nothing escaped from his lips. I spoke steadily, keeping my words soft and concise.

When I was finished, his gray wolf stood and approached a step. I put my ears back and lowered my head, but he wagged his tail and gave a soft yip. Lying on my stomach, I tilted my head to one side and let him come forward until he was hovering right over me. He lied down, his head going around the back of my neck in comfort and security.

I do love you, Beautiful. There isn't another female in the world that I'd rather have. There is no other being who could make me happy as you can.

I whined softly and rubbed my head along his side. I love you too, Reed. I'm sorry about doubting you.

It's fine, he whispered in my head. He licked the back of one of my ears and lifted his head, looking at me. I lifted my own head and tilted it to the side. He licked my nose then my cheek, a way of giving me a kiss before putting his nose against mine, locking his gaze with mine. Vuk was right, I didn't mate with you for reasons pertaining to your accident and your past. I haven't made you Luna so that you could adapt and settle, hoping you could fit in before making you a leader.

And the mark?

He snorted in amusement. Your mother is very rusty on her facts, Beautiful. When a mate gives his or her partner their mark, it's their way of not only putting their brand on who is theirs, but also showing them their love. A mark is the first step in showing love. I waited to know for certain if you'd have me, and it was that time when I marked you, that I knew you were perfect for me. I loved you from the moment I saw you burst through Roniston's pack house door and started snarling at everyone. I just waited for you to see it, and I thought you had in some ways.

I had kind of, but then she came and...

With the mark, you can know how I feel about you. I left myself open for you all this time, wondering what you heard that made you anxious around me. I never found the answer and it tore me apart.

I'm sorry. I didn't want to invade where I may not have been wanted.

I wanted you to invade when you wanted to. If it meant you'd see how much I thought you were special, of course I'd want you to see and hear that. He pulled back a little and put his paw on mine. I'm not letting you go, ever. I gave you the will to choose where you go and what you do in my territory, who to talk to, when to go somewhere. I gave it to you because it gave you hope and made you see me in a different light. After I let you run the first time, you had begun to trust me instantly.

Until Jena, I say irritably.

Reed barks out a laugh and shook his head. Yes, until Jena. She is one to certainly put a pause on stuff. But she shouldn't be doing any of that from now on.

Why?

He gives me a knowing look. I don't allow anyone – Luna or not – to be degraded by another. And when my mate is threatened to the point of running away, it makes things worse for the victim. She is only saved because Corey is my best friend and I don't want to hurt him.

You'd have killed her?

No, but I would have made her a rogue and an exile from this pack, weakening Corey who is one of my best men. Saving you from York and your mother a couple of weeks ago helped her situation. Since then though, I have not seen her. I assume she's staying away, but she's at least behaving.

I nuzzle him under his chin and lick his paw. Can we go home now?

Yes. Reed and I stand up, then race home, happily taking comfort in each other's presence. I began to fall into place beside him, feeling as if I belonged instead of a nuisance. I didn't falter and did not hesitate as I brushed my fur against his, nipped at his heels playfully, tackle him to the ground only to be underneath him. Reed was also different. He wasn't as hesitant to get near me as when we first met. He seemed more in-tuned to me as I was to him. His thoughts were open and free, always seeming to be on me. I stopped listening to his thoughts once after hearing some indescribable depictions and growled, shoving him away before running off.

When we got home, he shifted at the tree line and grabbed a pair of shorts, then opened the house for me so I could run upstairs and dress. I heard him talking as I did so, and when I went back downstairs, I found Thrain and Corey on the couch. Reed glanced up at me with playful eyes and I bit my lip. Walking up, I slid my arms around him and rested my head on his shoulder.

"...ready tonight," Reed finished saying.

"Tonight?" Corey exclaimed. "After just getting back?"

"Yes."

Thrain shrugged and asked, "Which two females do you want to help?"

Curious, I glanced at my mate. He said, "Misty and—"

"May I?" I hear a soft voice from the doorway. Jena stood there with her eyes down and fingers fidgeting.

"You?"

Corey helped his mate, "When you two left yesterday, she was hanging out with me when we saw another car start following you. It was her idea to call the other Alpha and Luna as backup."

"That's how they found us?" I say in shock.

He nods and Jena gave a small smile. "I am loyal to my current Luna and Alpha. Not the past. Please, I apologize for everything I've done. I would like to make it up to you and help you get ready."

"Ready for what?"

"No," Reed said flatly.

Jena seemed to flinch and nodded. I straightened and watched her turn away. "Wait!"

All eyes went to me and Reed didn't seem happy. "Simone—"

"Let her," I say.

"After everything?" he hisses.

"That's the past," I say. "This is now. She practically saved my life and yours. She deserves a second chance. If not for her sake, then Corey's or mine."

Reed's jaw went slack, and his two best friends stared at me with some respect and a hint of fear. I blinked and nervously stepped away from my mate. That was something I would have never done in the past. Defending Jena and backtalking an Alpha are two things I never would have done. So, I was shocked I did them now.

"Simone?" Reed said softly. He looked worried, but I didn't look at him.

"I'm sorry."

"No, Beautiful!" he whispers. "Don't be sorry!"

"I don't know why I did that. I don't know why I even spoke!"

He takes my face in both hands and kisses me in desperation. In my mind I hear, don't be sorry, Simone. You did the right thing.

No, it wasn't right. I told you what to do.

With a good reason to back it up, he said and kissed my head. As Luna, you are my equal. You have a say in how things should be done and when. I'm not going to hurt you for that, okay.

I meet his eyes and nod. He smiles and kisses me. "But I'm not Luna yet."

"You will be, very soon." He pulls away but keeps an arm around my waist as he turns to the others. "Fine, Jena you may help Misty get her ready. I will have Thrain listening and making sure nothing goes wrong." He pauses and then adds, "If you come out friendly and kind, I will forgive you. That does not mean that any wrong move will be tolerated after that, but I will forgive you."

I smile and see Jena bow her head in thanks. When she looks up, we lock gazes and I see a change in her eyes. "When do I start?" she asks Reed.

"When Misty gets here."

"What are they going to do?" I ask and glance between them and the other two men.

Reed gives me a mischievous grin. "You three are going to have a girl's afternoon upstairs. One of them will explain what it is and why. I will need to be with Corey for the time being and figure out some other issues."

Jena walked inside a little more and looked at her mate who was ignoring her. The girl's smile faded, and she kept back in the distance. "Corey?" I say and he looks up at me. "May I speak with you, alone?"

He nods and I break away from Reed to follow him into the kitchen. "What's up, Luna?" he asks as he leans against the counter.

"You should also give her another chance," I say. He frowns. "Corey, she likes you. Just because she hates me doesn't mean she's faking everything for you. If you can see past her faults, you will see she's also a woman who is having a challenging time fitting in."

"Why are you defending her?"

"Because the past is the past." I shrug and grab a glass of water. "I don't hold grudges, and neither should you."

"Fine," he grumbled and walked back into the living room. I expected him to sit back down, but instead, he grabbed Jena's arm and pulled her into the hall, smashing his lips on hers. Jena looked terrified for a moment before relaxing and kissing back. I saw him whisper something in her ear and she nodded, smiling faintly, and then he marked her.

Giving them a bit of privacy, I turned away and went to the living room. Reed raised his brows at me, but I shook my head. The door opened and I saw a girl step through, smiling at my mate and I and Thrain. "Hello, Alpha and Luna."

"Hello, Misty. Are you ready?" Reed said.

"Definitely!"

Corey and Jena came back in, panting hard. Jena saw the girl and smiled. "Hi, I'm Jena."

"Misty."

"Great. Now, you two know what to do, so don't mess up," Reed said and the two grinned. I bit my lip as they came over and pulled me up the stairs.

Reed?

I'll see you in a bit, Beautiful. Try not to lose your temper with them.

If I die, it'll be your fault! I hiss as I got pulled into the bedroom.

At least you'll look wonderful!

Reed! I hear a chuckle downstairs and scowled.

"Okay, go have a nice shower!" Misty ordered.

"Why?"

Jena smiled. "Because, we're having the Luna Ceremony tonight."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

857K 30.8K 39
Highest ranking #14 as of 12/20/16 WARNING: This story is not all lovey dovey, it's raw, brutal, and is filled with plot holes, now don't comment and...
21.3K 901 49
Autumn- I am not wolfless but my silver wolf needs my mate to unlock its potential. I'd been mateless for years until the fight that suddenly erupted...
780K 22.4K 40
Opposites attract. Everyone has heard this phrase at least once in their lives. Well, what if the person you're meant to be with is truly the opposit...
41.3K 1.2K 20
Litte wolf 2 "Mate." they both whispered at the same time. Both. Two. I couldn't fight it either, "Mate." Came out of my mouth and my eyes glanced be...